Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anybody Else Notice This About Manning on Sunday?!!!! It Made Me Really Excited!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be out for that length of time. Come back half way through a game, not miss a beat, and lead your team to a victory was pretty amazing.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this, he came in for 9 throws against a banged up defense with no prep on him. Now it will be viable defensive teams that will play the middle of the field and make him throw deep.

This seriously worries me to no end.

Comment

Name another QB who has gotten to 3 superbowls in that span of time (or a close span of time).

Brady 6
        Manning 3
        Rapistberger, 3
        Eli 2

then...
        Analyze those one and dones, for example, the Raheem Moore one, he drives us down the field, to take the lead with less than a minute to go, and the defense loses the game. HOW CAN YOU PIN THAT ON MANNING?

I can tell you at least about three more in indy, where his defense gave up the game after he got the advantage, one against the Chargers where that defense lost to a Rivers-less team; the guy has had bad luck, it happens, give him a break, he is still the best chance we got,

Comment

Originally posted by pepesilvia View Post
          Not sure how I feel about this, he came in for 9 throws against a banged up defense with no prep on him. Now it will be viable defensive teams that will play the middle of the field and make him throw deep.

I don't get how they don't fire McCoy!!! I mean people here and everywhere in the planet know how to stop Manning, but this idiot doesn't, he just kept two deep safeties, played the sidelines (must be the reason why PM was throwing all those out routes (hint)) and allowed us to have a running game and took the pressure off Manning.

These days people are just lazy to think, they just make a judgement based on results, without looking at the process...

Comment

They should find someway to combine Brock & Peyton into one super quarterback. Like surgically make them Siamese twins. When they need to scramble out of the pocket, Manning can just hold the ball and Osweiler can run. When they need an audible, Manning can be right there to call it. Manning and Brock can both block for each other while the other throws. Maybe even do a somersault triple axle to get into the end zone on a goal line QB sneak.

It would be beautiful. Call it the Brockyton Manningweiler.

On a more reality based note, Manning did seem to be quicker with his feet and ready to do what he needed to do. Psychologically speaking, the guy has had to put up with Denver's brightest fans (.. or not) calling for his head, saying that his natural strength and ability magically disappeared over the course of 1.5 seasons, and that he is done. He also was filled with fury after the HGH allegations which clearly set his blood pressure through the roof. I think he's had a lot of time to learn about himself, Kubiak's zone running attack, and the team to find out where he can best maximize his abilities. I believe he knows what he needs to do at this point and we'll see that this post season.

Originally posted by MadMexican View Post
            I don't get how they don't fire McCoy!!! I mean people here and everywhere in the planet know how to stop Manning, but this idiot doesn't, he just kept two deep safeties, played the sidelines (must be the reason why PM was throwing all those out routes (hint)) and allowed us to have a running game and took the pressure off Manning.

These days people are just lazy to think, they just make a judgement based on results, without looking at the process...
            Like with your post?
            I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
              How bout the hit he took from the Chargers dude..it was brutal but Peyton got up picked the grass out of helmet and went right back to work..
              I was thinking the same.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                The real thing to note was him going up tempo and calling a lot of pre-snap shots. That is Peyton's strong suit. Whether he lines up under center or in the gun (or pistol) has always been a distracting point of discussion. The stupid "compromise" offense was always silly, not because of where Peyton lined up, but because Peyton had largely remained handcuffed to huddling up and doing a lot of other distracting things that took away from his command of the offense. He could not be the field general that made him so successful, but was shackled to just being another body in the Kubiak script.

When a Peyton offense is red hot, it's because a rhythm has been established. You get a couple first down quickly. The flow of the game becomes faster and defenses start to make mistakes. The first pass to Virgil Green and then the short one to Norwood was a super quick release, and an example of why the correct remedy for a bad o-line is a quicker read/throw, not the ability to "extend" plays but to actually shorten them. There was great timing and anticipation in the one route to Sanders, and we just missed a deep bomb that probably would have connected if Peyton wasn't on his back almost as soon as he snapped the ball, but he knew where to throw it to given the coverage.
                Very good analysis.

When guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, etc., are at their best, it's not because they can extend plays, but shorten them. It negates a pass rush, and knocks the wind out of a defense (having to repeatedly start and stop so quickly), so that later in the game, things open up. Or they get overly aggressive in press coverage and get beat deep, or on misdirection run plays.

Originally posted by Lange View Post
                I can't get how people act so confident in Manning like he's a god from one half of play. Like early this season didn't happen. One half doesn't determine that he's gonna be awsome in the playoffs. Yes there were good things but 5 of 9 for 69 yards isn't much of a showing. It's still a mystery and a lot of concerns how he really can play at this point.
                5 of 9 for 69 yards was all that was needed to win the game in 1.5 quarters. He also lead the team to 20 points to Brock's 7. What's more important are the things Manning does that Brock doesn't, which have been discussed at length throughout the thread(s) already. All things that are 100% more important than arm strength (which is about all Brock had going for him over even an injured Manning).

Comment

Originally posted by pepesilvia View Post

Maybe we went from 7 points to 27? People are weird like that.
                  John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

Working...
                  X