Peyton Manning starting Divisional Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Going to be interesting to see just what kind of interest and offer Osweiler actually gets. It only takes one team to be "all in" for him to be signed elsewhere. As with the Houston suggestion.

Still think the Broncos have the best shot of signing him. I doubt he is holding any grudges with the way it has been handled this year. But I also think he would likely go elsewhere if there is even a little hint of doubt that Manning may return to the Broncos. Highly doubt Osweiler is going through another year of this clusterf**k.
    I heard a sportswriter on SiriusXM suggesting that Sam Bradford might be tagged by Philadelphia. Ha ha. Can you imagine that? Here's a QB who has been constantly injured in his career, who is the epitome of a "1st Pick Bust", who led his team to a 7-9 record, who might get a raise from $13 million/year to $19 million/year. The point is that there are a lot of Teams out there that are desperate for a QB.

Will Denver sign brock? Only if brock is willing to forego millions of dollars to sign at a hometown discount. Will he do that? Yeah, I believe he will. A QB who is confident in his value, who has that self-assured attitude, who has a little of that arrogant "swagger" wouldn't sign with a team that isn't going to pay the money that QB may feel he deserves or that the market calls for. So sure, I can see a team like Houston tossing out a big offer and brock taking the lesser offer out of fear of "change", and leaving the protected cocoon that he has lived in for 4 years.

I don't believe that Elway see's brock as being that "kicking and screaming" competitor that you need to succeed. But, if Philadelphia is going to throw money at the likes of Bradford, Elway may take the easier, safer path, and re-sign osweiler.

I'm holding out for a HUGE Blockbuster move on Elway's part, or the more dangerous path of Drafting a QB, and letting him duke it out with Siemian while being able to re-sign most of our Defensive Free Agents.

Comment

• Even if Manning retires, another QB will be brought in (FA or draft) to compete.

I do think Manning will retire, but what if he wins the SB this year and wants to come back next year. I'm inclined to think he will be given that opportunity if it arises. If he falters, no way in hell Elway brings him back.

If we win it all this year, it's going to be because Manning plays solid football. That could very well get him another season in the Orange and Blue.
      sigpic
      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        Are you not aware that Manning played well against Green Bay after the bye week?

That's not to say it will be the case this time, but a healthy Manning is the best choice.
        Yeah, he looked good against SD after some rest. I know he didn't throw a lot of balls but he moved well. Very good footwork and he was seeing the field well. There were two long-ish throws to his right (one to Sanders and one to Thomas) that I didn't like the looks of but they were completions. And now he will have had two more weeks of R&R with a lot of practice reps due to Oz's injury. There is a really good chance that we come out of the bye looking like we did against the Packers. And we played like world beaters in that game, so if it happens we'll beat the living **** out of the Steelers.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          I think Gase will try and steal him away...
          That didn't even occur to me, that guy may continue to screw us over yet lol
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            Going to be interesting to see just what kind of interest and offer Osweiler actually gets. It only takes one team to be "all in" for him to be signed elsewhere. As with the Houston suggestion.

Still think the Broncos have the best shot of signing him. I doubt he is holding any grudges with the way it has been handled this year. But I also think he would likely go elsewhere if there is even a little hint of doubt that Manning may return to the Broncos. Highly doubt Osweiler is going through another year of this clusterf**k.
            I agree about the grudge point, I think he recognizes what the NFL is, a business. However, these are still people and we all need to feel wanted and appreciated. With that said, perhaps he does and a lot of us here are making a mountain out of a hill. I hope he wants to be here, I believe in the guy myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              I think Gase will try and steal him away...
              Gase said he plans to work with Tannehill.

The Dolphins have so many offseason needs, not sure a lucrative offer for Os is even in the budget.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                Gase said he plans to work with Tannehill.

The Dolphins have so many offseason needs, not sure a lucrative offer for Os is even in the budget.
                Just like McDaniels had plans to work with Cutler..

Stranger things have happened

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Just like McDaniels had plans to work with Cutler..

Stranger things have happened
                  I don't think Gase is just like McDoof, nor Os just like Cutler, nor the situation in Miami just like Denver's, but that's just like my opinion.

You're quite right though, anything can happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                    Even if Manning retires, another QB will be brought in (FA or draft) to compete.

I do think Manning will retire, but what if he wins the SB this year and wants to come back next year. I'm inclined to think he will be given that opportunity if it arises. If he falters, no way in hell Elway brings him back.

If we win it all this year, it's going to be because Manning plays solid football. That could very well get him another season in the Orange and Blue.
                    Look for him in the NFC next year or the Texans..Peyton from what I have heard around Peyton country is wanting very much to play through 2016..thats why he hasn't come out and pulled a Ray Lewis and announced his retirement ..I have a few clients that know him well and one works with him on off the field projects. Most of what he has told me has happened way before it did. Chip Kelly, 49ers coach, the trouble between Sean Payton and the Saints.. there is other stuff but it is still in the making.. Oh and no Peyton didn't per say tell him about the Chip Kelly and stuff like that..he knows other people as well in the NFL..like I said before ..its a business and its always moving behind the scenes.

Comment

• Peyton Manning can lift Denver Broncos with right game plan:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ight-game-plan

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        I heard a sportswriter on SiriusXM suggesting that Sam Bradford might be tagged by Philadelphia. Ha ha. Can you imagine that? Here's a QB who has been constantly injured in his career, who is the epitome of a "1st Pick Bust", who led his team to a 7-9 record, who might get a raise from $13 million/year to $19 million/year. The point is that there are a lot of Teams out there that are desperate for a QB.

Will Denver sign brock? Only if brock is willing to forego millions of dollars to sign at a hometown discount. Will he do that? Yeah, I believe he will. A QB who is confident in his value, who has that self-assured attitude, who has a little of that arrogant "swagger" wouldn't sign with a team that isn't going to pay the money that QB may feel he deserves or that the market calls for. So sure, I can see a team like Houston tossing out a big offer and brock taking the lesser offer out of fear of "change", and leaving the protected cocoon that he has lived in for 4 years.

I don't believe that Elway see's brock as being that "kicking and screaming" competitor that you need to succeed. But, if Philadelphia is going to throw money at the likes of Bradford, Elway may take the easier, safer path, and re-sign osweiler.

I'm holding out for a HUGE Blockbuster move on Elway's part, or the more dangerous path of Drafting a QB, and letting him duke it out with Siemian while being able to re-sign most of our Defensive Free Agents.
                        What kind of blockbuster move could be out there though? There is no Peyton Manning/Colts type situation out there right now. Unless you think highly of QBs such as Stafford, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X