Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do NOT sell your playoff tickets to Steeler fans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that in the interview with Champ Bailey he talked about how great it feels to have HFA and to hear screaming, loud fans and not to sell tickets to opposing fans.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

If I was a season ticket holder I'd sell the tickets, throw a big party with all my friends, and put a down payment on next years tickets.

:shrug:
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81;5342482[B
        ]If I was a season ticket holder [/B]I'd sell the tickets, throw a big party with all my friends, and put a down payment on next years tickets.

:shrug:
        If frogs had wings.... Well anyway, here's the reality of this situation. NFL ticket exchange has thousands of tickets to the game for sale. Yellow flags fixing to infest our home.

Apparently whoever owns seats 9 and 10 in row 1 section 128 thinks they're worth $5556.00 apiece I let my season tix (section 132) go 5 years ago, got where I didn't have the time to go as much with business and family. I truly hope they went to someone who enjoys them as much as I did. Go Broncs
        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder
          I live in Kansas and I'll be there.
          Yup, for me it was because some bloke was kind enough to put reasonable tickets available for sale online...the dreaded online where only steelers fans can by tickets and not displaced Broncos fans who might not have an option otherwise...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Yup, for me it was because some bloke was kind enough to put reasonable tickets available for sale online...the dreaded online where only steelers fans can by tickets and not displaced Broncos fans who might not have an option otherwise...
            hahaha stupid internet

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
              So....I am a season ticket holder and while I am going to the game i understand why people sell their seats. If i wanted to I could sell my seats and pay for my season with this game alone.

The other thing "well only sell them to Bronco fans"...this is not something reasonable to ask. If you sell your seats on a site like nflticketexchange you don't get to ensure your seats are going to a fan of your team. They go up and are sold to whomever pays for them regardless of fan affiliation.

So for fans that still have season tickets and live out of town and can't travel to the game why shouldn't they sell their seats and makes some money with them?

Look I love the Broncos and go to every game if possible but sometimes other commitments come in. If i choose to sell them for a profit on the secondary market regardless of the affiliation of the fan i sell them to i think it's low that anyone would judge my fandom because of it. TBH most season ticket holders put $1000's into the team every year so to judge them for selling their tickets to one game is ridiculous to me.
              Good post.

Oh, and thread cleaned. This should not be about "my fandom is greater than yours".
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...elling-tickets

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                  Kizla can go kick rocks...

You're not a real Denver fan if you sell your tickets to somebody who wants Pittsburgh to win
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    Kizla can go kick rocks...
                    Precisely, I was shaming Kizla.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

Precisely, I was shaming Kizla.
                      That article and his venom angered me more than any other post I've seen here regarding the topic...Kizla's a no talent hack...
                      sigpic

Comment

All teams fans should be able to attend any game they wish. I like sitting next to opposing teams fans sometimes. If they are respectful like I am, there is nothing wrong with it. You can't fill a stadium with only one teams fans. Sometimes other teams fans will treat you better than your own.

sigpic

Comment

All teams fans should be able to attend any game they wish. I like sitting next to opposing teams fans sometimes. If they are respectful like I am, there is nothing wrong with it. You can't fill a stadium with only one teams fans. Sometimes other teams fans will treat you better than your own.
                          Not to mention the fact that some people are fans of the team and reside out of state...The sites like Stub Hub, the NFL Ticket Exchange ect... They are the only chance some guy like me has of getting tickets. No one can control who buys their ticket, it's not reasonable, but if you can't go to the game no matter the reason, you have every right to do with those tickets as you please, you paid for them after all!

I plan on writing Kizla a nasty long winded email that he likely will ignore as soon as I get off work...
                          sigpic

Comment

In that 2005 AFC Championship Game of which some of you speak of, the Broncos gave away orange pompoms. Steeler fans still took over a good portion of the stadium then.

According to Klis ...
                            "In no small part because of how Steeler Nation occupied a large percentage of Invesco Field at Mile High that day, the Broncos began to restrict sales of playoff tickets to only those fans with a billing zip code in the Rocky Mountain region."
                            I am personally glad there is some attempt to restrict sales to non-Bronco fans, I am sure that it is far from being full proof.

"For the Tebow-Thomas playoff game to open the 2011 playoff season at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, there were far fewer Terrible Towels than in that AFC Championship on Jan. 22, 2006."

"More than 85 percent of Bronco season ticket holders elected to purchase playoff tickets, leaving a little more 6,000 tickets available to those fans in Rocky Mountain region. Those tickets were sold out 15 minutes after they were put on sale Monday, Jan. 4."

Not sure how that leaves just 6,000 tickets available (15% of 77,000 = around 13,000) but I like that figure. Odds are that the stadium will be 90+% Broncos fans.

sigpic

Comment

I can understand why fans would want to sell their tickets from a profit perspective but I live in Oklahoma, and I would absolutely love to go to a Bronco's game. Due to finances and travel, I have never been able to. :/ Hoping to not see those horrendous towels being waved on Sunday!
                              Last edited by AtwaterHITS27; 01-15-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X