X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey on Broncos' playoff hopes

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...4-14c11a3af133
    I support Kaepernick 100%

I wish that dude got a championship ring, not many players deserved it more!

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      I know. He certainly does.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Simply the best. Deon and Revis get the attention b/c of all the noise, hype, and ruckus... But nobody could should down his side of the field, and tackle, and be a consummate professional, leader, and inspirational teammate.

I was too young for the Orange Crush... And I loved Smith and Atwater... But other than Elway... There is Bailey... A step above Davis, Sharpe, Jones, Mecklenberg, Al, and Rod Smith as my #2 most beloved Bronco

Comment

The list is long of Bronco Defenders who played at elite level for us and did not get a Championship Ring

Dennis Smith
          Simon Fletcher
          Karl Mecklenburg
          Randy Gradishar
          Louis Wright
          Tom Jackson
          Rulon Jones

I am sure I am missing some as we have had so many in the decades I been watching the Broncos.

I watched all these guys play at elite levels for us.

Champ and Al Wilson are right up there as great Bronco defenders who deserved a Ring but never got one.

I could easily see any of those guys starting on the team that did win a ring. It is just so hard to win a ring and so much has to go right throughout the entire year.

Not going to say one is better than the other as they all gave me a lot of wonderful memories as a Bronco fan to cherish.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

A better GM would have gotten Plummer a ring in 2006, right alongside Champ.

Shanny....................
            [sigpic

Comment

https://youtu.be/WWPQGJRPmQ0

Least favorite Champ memory

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                https://youtu.be/WWPQGJRPmQ0

Least favorite Champ memory
                The 2012 playoff game with Torrey Smith burning him for 2 TDs should one of the least favorite Champ moments, IMO. That game showed everyone Champ was past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                  The 2012 playoff game with Torrey Smith burning him for 2 TDs should one of the least favorite Champ moments, IMO. That game showed everyone Champ was past his prime.
                  It's interesting that the common perception is that he was "burned" for a TD twice in that game. The first time, yes. He got beat. Badly. The second though he was step for step with Smith and Flacco just threw a great back shoulder pass. Smith made an amazing adjustment and Champ just couldn't react fast enough. I'd argue that no CB can be expected to make that play very often.

To be fair, Champ probably is my favorite player of all time. I grew up watching him and so my perception may be warped somewhat.
                  Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

All corners get beat, and some players play past their primes, it doesn't take anything away from the accomplishments. When people think about Michael Jordan do they think about him playing for the Wizards? Nope! When people sit down and reflect on Manning's or Champs career they'll think of things like this

Comment

I'm alright with 2012 because I wasn't drinking the kool-aid. He just lost multiple steps as the season went on that year.

Comment

Nobody was gonna stop Torrey Smith that day. I remember one of his catches and I was like dang.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                          It's interesting that the common perception is that he was "burned" for a TD twice in that game. The first time, yes. He got beat. Badly. The second though he was step for step with Smith and Flacco just threw a great back shoulder pass. Smith made an amazing adjustment and Champ just couldn't react fast enough. I'd argue that no CB can be expected to make that play very often.

To be fair, Champ probably is my favorite player of all time. I grew up watching him and so my perception may be warped somewhat.
                          I think this was Del Rio taking Champ for granted. I remember Smith against Champ with pretty much half the field to work with. That's a tall task for any corner.

Comment

All corners get beat, and some players play past their primes, it doesn't take anything away from the accomplishments. When people think about Michael Jordan do they think about him playing for the Wizards? Nope! When people sit down and reflect on Manning's or Champs career they'll think of things like this

Great play. I remember Brady talking about that play later, saying something to the effect of 'we got everything we wanted on that play' and how he thought it was gonna be an easy touchdown. Great players just make great plays

Comment

Champ was Champ, will always be remembered as a legendary player in this league. Had one heck of a career. Many memory's and moments from watching him play over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X