Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manning's Legacy Hinges on his next few games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    We now know that we win this and if we start Peyton... Who knows then outcome if Brock starts.

Invisible? He was 21-37 with 222 yards and NO turnovers. There were 7 or 8 drops and another 2-3 that we're catches dislodged by PIT players... From what I witnessed... Only 1 throw had INt potential...

PIT threw the house at him. We were so confused... Recognizing the blitzes were key...
    Who knows if BO gets a strip sack bc he's fooled.

We all begged for PM to defer to the running game and allow the defense to win the game. So, when he goes conservative and avoids making the costly throw... We are now upset?

If not for the drops... Manning is 27-37 300+ yards and we have 30+ points. All this in a cold-windy day.
    Yet we ignore that he missed multiple deep balls, almost guaranteed to go for TD's.

If we are going to excuse his stats with others failures, he also needs to accept his own. If he completes on of those passes its a totally different ballgame and he has another 60 yards passing + a TD. We dont have to rely on the defense AGAIN to rescue the offense.

Yes, I do say invisible, the performance today was very pedestrian. The supporters will point to the drops, the detractors will point at the missed passes. I dont know anyone that would call this a good offensive day or say that Manning took the team on his shoulders and led them to victory. His best play today was a missed call slide / phantom sack which he was fortunate was not blown dead.

At the end of the day, we won. I am happy about that however.

Comment

• Palmer stunk... Rodgers and Brady overthrew open WRs as well... Cam was like 17-22... RW threw 2 picks... PIT was 2-12 on third down...

Nobody is perfect... Geez... There were like 20 mph winds out there and PM is 39. We won. We live to fight another day. PM has brought a wonderful 4 years to DEN...

Brock's completion % on throws over 20 yards.... Well Below league avg too. Not like we are benching A young Elway for PM.

If this was Brock... The same people bashing PM would be applauding BO's effort and point to the drops to explain the offensive futility.
      Last edited by fraguela09; 01-17-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
        Yet we ignore that he missed multiple deep balls, almost guaranteed to go for TD's.

If we are going to excuse his stats with others failures, he also needs to accept his own. If he completes on of those passes its a totally different ballgame and he has another 60 yards passing + a TD. We dont have to rely on the defense AGAIN to rescue the offense.

Yes, I do say invisible, the performance today was very pedestrian. The supporters will point to the drops, the detractors will point at the missed passes. I dont know anyone that would call this a good offensive day or say that Manning took the team on his shoulders and led them to victory. His best play today was a missed call slide / phantom sack which he was fortunate was not blown dead.

At the end of the day, we won. I am happy about that however.
        His best play was the crucial pass to Benny Fowler that ultimately led to Anderson scoring the TD that put us ahead. The "phantom sack" play was meaningless as we had to punt on that series. We didn't score a point on that drive, and it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. It was totally meaningless.

And yes, he did overthrow DT for a long pass. So what? Brock was overthrowing our receivers on long passes as well. Roethlisberger over threw his receiver on a 50 yard pass in the 1st series of plays. And he's a far superior long ball QB than Manning.

Pedestrian performance? Sure. And you're right, he didn't have to actually carry the team to victory. I haven't really seen him do that since he has been in Denver. He had the opportunity to carry the team the year he had his best season of any QB in the history of the NFL when we played Seattle in the Super Bowl. He couldn't do it.

That's why Elway brought Kubiak in. To change the way the QB runs the team. Run first, take fewer chances, let the superior Defense put us into a position to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
          His best play was the crucial pass to Benny Fowler that ultimately led to Anderson scoring the TD that put us ahead. The "phantom sack" play was meaningless as we had to punt on that series. We didn't score a point on that drive, and it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. It was totally meaningless.

And yes, he did overthrow DT for a long pass. So what? Brock was overthrowing our receivers on long passes as well. Roethlisberger over threw his receiver on a 50 yard pass in the 1st series of plays. And he's a far superior long ball QB than Manning.

Pedestrian performance? Sure. And you're right, he didn't have to actually carry the team to victory. I haven't really seen him do that since he has been in Denver. He had the opportunity to carry the team the year he had his best season of any QB in the history of the NFL when we played Seattle in the Super Bowl. He couldn't do it.

That's why Elway brought Kubiak in. To change the way the QB runs the team. Run first, take fewer chances, let the superior Defense put us into a position to win.
          2 FG's in the first half we started in field goal range due to winning the field position battle. Manning was absolutely inconsequential in those. He also failed to drive us down the field and turn any of those into TD's. Manning was 3/15 on 3rd down today.... REALLY?

If Roby doesn't pop that ball loose, Steelers get at minimum a FG and the entire outcome is different. Lest we forget also, that we put McManus on the spot 5 times in the incredibly tough elements to kick 5 very tough FG's. He delivered every time. We are very fortunate.

You are right, Manning didn't have to carry the team today, The team had to carry manning. The sort of game he played today will get us murdered by NE.

To be among the GOAT you cannot play like this in the playoffs and expect to be considered among the greats.

Another poster said it best: Legacies are made in the playoffs.
          Last edited by Gsam; 01-17-2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• It still seems to me that people are arguing in the wrong context. Correct me if I am wrong OP, but wasn't this thread to discuss people's opinions on what Peyton needs to do to be considered THE GOAT? Not one of the best, but THE best?
            Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

Really? One could argue that Manning carried the team to two consecutive 13-3 records, in 2012 & 2013.
              I get what people are saying about Manning though:
              Stats don't matter, unless they do.
              Wins are all that matters, unless stats can be used in place of them, when convenient.

Comment

• 23-16 in regulation.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                X