Your pre-game locker room speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your pre-game locker room speech

Seeing as the board is a little stale, I thought I would change it up. What would be your pre-game locker room speech (as a player or coach). Here's mine.

"The football world is counting us out. They say our quarterback is washed up. They say only one of our players is All Pro. They say we're lucky to get the top seed. Screw 'em. They don't know what we know: that we aren't lucky, we're just getting warmed up.

"The Steelers are good, but we're better. We're gonna play smart and composed, we won't take stupid penalties. We're tougher than them. Think of David Bruton. They broke his leg. They tried to knock him out of the game. He just got back up and finished the game. We're all David Brutons, and we're all gonna get up after that loss and finish what we started.

"There is nothing more fun than winning when everyone is against you. We're going to suffocate them on defense. We're gonna impose our will on offense. And when we have a lead, we're gonna tighten the vice and break their will. Let's go out there and give everything you go every play. Let's go have some fun and win this this!"

Baltimore @ Denver

Colts @ Denver

Don't screw this one up.....

:thumb:
    sigpic

Comment

Men, I want you to visualize for a minute. Close your eyes and go all the way back to that time in your life where as a little boy you had a jersey of a player you liked on, you could smell the sweetness of that fall grass and you felt the exhilaration of playing some backyard football. It was your release, your escape, where you were free to let it all go. Those are incredible memories right? and they feel like they were only yesterday.

Now open your eyes! You are here today, with the same opportunity as you had as a kid. To now run through the tunnel onto that field and make this game your release, your escape, where you can let it all go. I asked you to close your eyes for a minute and how powerful was that minute? Now I am asking you for 60 minutes to feel that power, freedom and excitement for a full 6o minutes. And not feel that power, release or freedom alone.

Look left and look right. The men in this room and all around each one of you is collectively the character of the Denver Broncos. And what is character, the mental qualities that define a team. And I'll tell you what men, this year, we are defined by an unrelenting hunger to compete, be aggressive and to finish. Each of you should expect to display this character, and collectively we owe it to the team to play this way because we are the Denver Broncos.

Now, many out there in the media have said, we are the worst #1 seed, our QB is too old, our o-line is terrible, and our defense is not as good as the ranking. Well, I don't give a crap what they say, because I know each one of you 53 in this room displays the character of a Bronco and I know you will be accountable to holding up your end of that contract today.

There was an old man who once said, "Wanting to win does not make you a winner, refusing to fail does." And that old man is standing right here in this locker room wearing #18. I absolutely agree with him and I'll tell you what I refuse to fail today and you should too. For the next 60 minutes refuse to fail and be accountable to each other to display the Bronco character.

This is the first step in a march to 180 minutes of greatness. Let's make this first 60 minutes part of a legacy of greatness. Let's bring it in
      Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
        Men, I want you to visualize for a minute. Close your eyes and go all the way back to that time in your life where as a little boy you had a jersey of a player you liked on, you could smell the sweetness of that fall grass and you felt the exhilaration of playing some backyard football. It was your release, your escape, where you were free to let it all go. Those are incredible memories right? and they feel like they were only yesterday.

Now open your eyes! You are here today, with the same opportunity as you had as a kid. To now run through the tunnel onto that field and make this game your release, your escape, where you can let it all go. I asked you to close your eyes for a minute and how powerful was that minute? Now I am asking you for 60 minutes to feel that power, freedom and excitement for a full 6o minutes. And not feel that power, release or freedom alone.

Look left and look right. The men in this room and all around each one of you is collectively the character of the Denver Broncos. And what is character, the mental qualities that define a team. And I'll tell you what men, this year, we are defined by an unrelenting hunger to compete, be aggressive and to finish. Each of you should expect to display this character, and collectively we owe it to the team to play this way because we are the Denver Broncos.

Now, many out there in the media have said, we are the worst #1 seed, our QB is too old, our o-line is terrible, and our defense is not as good as the ranking. Well, I don't give a crap what they say, because I know each one of you 53 in this room displays the character of a Bronco and I know you will be accountable to holding up your end of that contract today.

There was an old man who once said, "Wanting to win does not make you a winner, refusing to fail does." And that old man is standing right here in this locker room wearing #18. I absolutely agree with him and I'll tell you what I refuse to fail today and you should too. For the next 60 minutes refuse to fail and be accountable to each other to display the Bronco character.

This is the first step in a march to 180 minutes of greatness. Let's make this first 60 minutes part of a legacy of greatness. Let's bring it in
        Had me ready to get out of uniform and put my sports gear on for some flag football or sports. Go BRONCOS!
        50 Stars and 13 Bars

Comment

Im a fan of the pants dropping

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3673441

Comment

I wanna play too. Great speech. :clap: :clap:
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

This board has been Stale the last week....where are all the Bronco hype videos? Star Wars edit lets go

Comment

I'm bout to go take my physical.. Put me in the game coach. Lol

Good speech.. Got me ready to play myself
                My Fav 3 Broncos... 1. Demaryius 2. Von 3. Chris

Comment

Originally posted by darrentwill27 View Post
                  I'm bout to go take my physical.. Put me in the game coach. Lol

Good speech.. Got me ready to play myself
                  Good thing you didn't say "Got me ready to play with myself". lol

-Lonely Broncos fan in Toronto-

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Shivers and goose bumps brother! I may have to read this every morning!

Comment

Ask not what your quarterback can do for you, ask what you can do for your quarterback.
                        Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

This had to be quoted from a movie...that gave me goose bumps and got me pumped very well said :clap:

Comment

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream....

[sigpic

Comment

This is what we need

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X