No announcement yet.

Your pre-game locker room speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put one of these in the middle of the locker room for all the players to see. NO NEED FOR A SPEECH!!!!!!!!!!!! If that don't work....NOTHING WILL!!!!!
    Last edited by Assassin27; 01-15-2016, 04:51 PM.
    sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

I wish we could send this thread to the team. Any way we could possibly do that mods?
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        I wish we could send this thread to the team. Any way we could possibly do that mods?
        GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! Be awesome if we could.
        sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
        Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
        PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by baroquenspirit View Post
          Well, I must have a different NFL network and ESPN sports center than you, then. The Broncos, especially the D, have received a lot of love. There have been many questions about Manning. Reasonable in my mind. But I guess what you want is for them to say "The Broncos are the greatest team ever and Manning will be just fine" every show? As for the flags, since everyone says Pitt got gifted by the refs last week but the penalties were Pitt 10-142 and the Bengals 6-79, I don't think it will matter how many flags fly or don't fly. If the Steelers manage to pull this one out of their behinds...many on here will blame the refs, has nothing to do with actual facts, it will just be the refs.
          It doesn't matter what anyone else is saying, you just need the players to buy into it's them against everyone else, whatever anyone else is saying doesn't matter because they're going to go out and prove them wrong. You're taking it as if 50%+1 means that you can't use that strategy, but a good coach can use it in any situation. You could be 18-0 going for the perfect season with every analyst praising you nonstop but you can use the "us against the world" strategy by talking about how Mercury Morris is waiting to pop the champagne and none of the members of that Dolphins team wants you to do it. No one outside your fanbase wants you to do it. Back in the preseason everyone was lined up waiting to doubt you, they were talking about how you weren't good enough, didn't have the talent that the other teams had, didn't have enough game breakers to be the team, but here you are, and now they're praising you, but they don't mean it, they're waiting for you to fail so that they can talk about how they were right at the beginning of the season...

See, it's not difficult to spin it, you just need to be talking to a receptive audience, and if the audience is receptive on Sunday and are willing to buy every word you say, what you say doesn't matter because the team is ready to go.

Comment

Gentlemen, this is our season opener. We're 0-0. Let's go win our first game!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
              Men, I want you to visualize for a minute. Close your eyes and go all the way back to that time in your life where as a little boy you had a jersey of a player you liked on, you could smell the sweetness of that fall grass and you felt the exhilaration of playing some backyard football. It was your release, your escape, where you were free to let it all go. Those are incredible memories right? and they feel like they were only yesterday.

Now open your eyes! You are here today, with the same opportunity as you had as a kid. To now run through the tunnel onto that field and make this game your release, your escape, where you can let it all go. I asked you to close your eyes for a minute and how powerful was that minute? Now I am asking you for 60 minutes to feel that power, freedom and excitement for a full 6o minutes. And not feel that power, release or freedom alone.

Look left and look right. The men in this room and all around each one of you is collectively the character of the Denver Broncos. And what is character, the mental qualities that define a team. And I'll tell you what men, this year, we are defined by an unrelenting hunger to compete, be aggressive and to finish. Each of you should expect to display this character, and collectively we owe it to the team to play this way because we are the Denver Broncos.

Now, many out there in the media have said, we are the worst #1 seed, our QB is too old, our o-line is terrible, and our defense is not as good as the ranking. Well, I don't give a crap what they say, because I know each one of you 53 in this room displays the character of a Bronco and I know you will be accountable to holding up your end of that contract today.

There was an old man who once said, "Wanting to win does not make you a winner, refusing to fail does." And that old man is standing right here in this locker room wearing #18. I absolutely agree with him and I'll tell you what I refuse to fail today and you should too. For the next 60 minutes refuse to fail and be accountable to each other to display the Bronco character.

This is the first step in a march to 180 minutes of greatness. Let's make this first 60 minutes part of a legacy of greatness. Let's bring it in
              Well Im certainly ready to kick some butt. Great speech

Comment

I agree........

Comment

Magic happens when you least expect it..

Comment

Kubiak just needs to walk in and address the team with this.

Comment

Team Lets Win Super Bowl 50 for Pat !!

Comment

Originally posted by baroquenspirit View Post
                        Well, I must have a different NFL network and ESPN sports center than you, then. The Broncos, especially the D, have received a lot of love. There have been many questions about Manning. Reasonable in my mind. But I guess what you want is for them to say "The Broncos are the greatest team ever and Manning will be just fine" every show? As for the flags, since everyone says Pitt got gifted by the refs last week but the penalties were Pitt 10-142 and the Bengals 6-79, I don't think it will matter how many flags fly or don't fly. If the Steelers manage to pull this one out of their behinds...many on here will blame the refs, has nothing to do with actual facts, it will just be the refs.
                        Actually the officials will likely be the last thing to get blamed, if Denver doesn't win this week, or doesn't win the Super Bowl, it's going to be blamed 1. On the QB decision. 2. Kubiak. 3. Elway for not getting players and a coach that can win. 4. The player who plays the worst. 5. Manning again. 6. The o-line. 7. Some random player that has little to do with anything, possibly Caldwell. 8. Von Miller. 9. Manning again. 10. Demaryius Thomas and his contract. 11. The officials.

That's how most losses here go.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          Actually the officials will likely be the last thing to get blamed, if Denver doesn't win this week, or doesn't win the Super Bowl, it's going to be blamed 1. On the QB decision. 2. Kubiak. 3. Elway for not getting players and a coach that can win. 4. The player who plays the worst. 5. Manning again. 6. The o-line. 7. Some random player that has little to do with anything, possibly Caldwell. 8. Von Miller. 9. Manning again. 10. Demaryius Thomas and his contract. 11. The officials.

That's how most losses here go.
                          Mind if I reorder your blaming numbers?

1. Kubiak's coaching decision
                          2. Manning
                          3. The Oline
                          4. Manning
                          5. DT if he drops several passes
                          6. Manning again
                          7. The refs
                          8. Defense giving up 3rd and forevers and too many fouls
                          9. Manning again
                          10. Manning again
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                            Put one of these in the middle of the locker room for all the players to see. NO NEED FOR A SPEECH!!!!!!!!!!!! If that don't work....NOTHING WILL!!!!!
                            Thunder looks AWESOME in diamonds..they are a girls best friend..

Comment

Mind if I reorder your blaming numbers?

1. Kubiak's coaching decision
                              2. Manning
                              3. The Oline
                              4. Manning
                              5. DT if he drops several passes
                              6. Manning again
                              7. The refs
                              8. Defense giving up 3rd and forevers and too many fouls
                              9. Manning again
                              10. Manning again
                              Haha. Actually I think we could just add our lists together and it would be about right. And if somehow both Osweiler and Manning play tomorrow and they don't win, then you can add 7th round 3rd string QB Trevor Siemian not being given a fair chance, to the list. Someone will say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X