Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Schlereth on broncos O_line

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mark Schlereth on broncos O_line

    Did anyone else hear Mark Schlereth on 104.3 the fan comment that the Denver Broncos offensive line is a group of men that do not possess the talent to be starting on any other NFL team. They are not starting material.

    He also said that Michael Scofield shouldn't even be in the league. He's not good enough to even be a backup and that two of our veteran lineman retired and did not bother to tell anybody, meaning Evan Mathis and Luis Vasquez.

    Stink didnt sound sarcastic nor did speak in a tone where one would believe that he was trashing the o_line but the words he did speak were pretty strong words at that.

    Big Al went on to say that if an average fan/untrained eye notices a player like Schofield not doing so well then that player/Schofield should be pulled.

    Could it be that schofield starts on sunday due to the fact that Polumbus is basically the swing tackle? Lets say for a minute that Polumbus starts and he or ryan harris suffer an injury, what do we do at that point? We now have an injured swing tackle and or no back up.

    Could this be the reason Schofield is starting ahead of Polumbus? I could not even fathom the idea of schofield being our swing guy but still with that said does make any more sense to start him ahead of a better player?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-14-2016, 06:38 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Did anyone else hear Mark Schlereth on 104.3 the fan comment that the Denver Broncos offensive line is a group of men that do not possesse the talent to be starting on any other NFL team. They are not starting materiaw.

    He also said that Michael Scofield shouldn't even be in the league, he's not good enough to even be a backup and that two of our veteran lineman retired and did not bother to tell anybody, meaning Evan Mathis and Luis Vasquez.

    Stink didnt sound sarcastic nor did speak in a tone where one would believe that he was trashing the o_line but the words he did speak were pretty strong words at that.

    Big Al went on to say that if an average fan/untrained eye notices a player like Schofield not doing so well then that player/Schofield should be pulled.

    Could it be that schofield starts on sunday due to the fact that Polumbus is basically the swing tackle? Lets say for a minute that Polumbus starts and he or ryan harris suffer an injury, what do we do at that point? We now have an injured swing tackle and or no back up.

    Could this be the reason Schofield is starting ahead of Polumbus? I could not even fathom the idea of schofield being our swing guy but still with that said does make any more sense to start him ahead of a better player?
    Harris and Polumbus will start. If Harris goes down...Polumbus to LT and Schofield in at RT.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      Harris and Polumbus will start. If Harris goes down...Polumbus to LT and Schofield in at RT.
      Reports all week are that schofield has been running with the starting unit. Rick Dennison was asked about this today to which he replied "schofield is doing ok against the run and is not getting beat on every play" he also went on to say that schofield isnt the only player to be struggling at the moment.

      I respect your opinion but just because you yourself say Schofield will not be starting and polumbus will, does not mean that is going to happen I'm sorry.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Reports all week are that schofield has been running with the starting unit. Rick Dennison was asked about this today to which he replied "schofield is doing ok against the run and is not getting beat on every play" he also went on to say that schofield isnt the only player to be struggling at the moment.

        I respect your opinion but just because you yourself say Schofield will not be starting and polumbus will, does not mean that is going to happen I'm sorry.
        agreed. just my prediction.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          17 teams in the NFL have two tackles rated better then both Harris and Shof (per PFF)

          We lost two tackles to injuries this year...it has probably gone worse than expected even if you consider the injuries.

          Our Guards and Center have had their moments...good and bad...but imo the tackles are so bad it effects the entire OL.

          As a team 16 teams are rated worse than us at pass blocking, 5 made the playoffs.

          As a team 18 teams are rated worse than us at run blocking, 5 made the playoffs.

          My point is the situation is not as bad as people claim. It is not good and at tackle it is epicly bad...but I think the overall situation is not as bad as we read and hear about all the time compared to the overall situation in the NFL.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

          Comment


          • #6
            We can all hope that Michael Schofield doesn't start nor play too much.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Reports all week are that schofield has been running with the starting unit. Rick Dennison was asked about this today to which he replied "schofield is doing ok against the run and is not getting beat on every play" he also went on to say that schofield isnt the only player to be struggling at the moment.

              I respect your opinion but just because you yourself say Schofield will not be starting and polumbus will, does not mean that is going to happen I'm sorry.
              Denver's O-Line has three Tackles. In order to practice the script and understand the game plan, you want all of them to get reps in order to be ready for contingencies. We'll find out on Sunday who will start where and how the games goes.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                17 teams in the NFL have two tackles rated better then both Harris and Shof (per PFF)

                We lost two tackles to injuries this year...it has probably gone worse than expected even if you consider the injuries.

                Our Guards and Center have had their moments...good and bad...but imo the tackles are so bad it effects the entire OL.

                As a team 16 teams are rated worse than us at pass blocking, 5 made the playoffs.

                As a team 18 teams are rated worse than us at run blocking, 5 made the playoffs.

                My point is the situation is not as bad as people claim. It is not good and at tackle it is epicly bad...but I think the overall situation is not as bad as we read and hear about all the time compared to the overall situation in the NFL.
                Thanks for the analysis.

                I think the issues at tackle especially RT are magnified when we've played teams with studs like the Mack and Dunlap. Scho has not been great in run blocking but not bad either. I cannot remember where I heard that his issue has not been strength or quickness - after he got beat badly a few times he started second guessing his techniques. When that happens it just gets worse because you start over--thinking. Not trying to defend Scho at all.

                I'm just trying to be positive that they'll step up on Sunday.
                Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-14-2016, 07:44 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  In the last game we gave up 2 sacks to the Steelers and 1 INT. This doesn't include the pressures and if I remember on the INT Oz was pushed up and to the left in the pocket - very close to reception and the DB make a great play. The run game was only 62 yards - seems in that game we had more trouble there than pass protection.

                  With PM the mobility is less but decision making is much faster and he can adjust protection better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Broncos have the worst starting offensive tackles in the NFL without a doubt. Elway really needs to take some blame here for letting it get this bad and the lack of depth.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                      The Broncos have the worst starting offensive tackles in the NFL without a doubt. Elway really needs to take some blame here for letting it get this bad and the lack of depth.
                      I dont think anyone could of guessed we'd lose both our starting tackles to injuries for the year. Harris hasnt played that badly but hes more suited to RT. Polumbus isnt brilliant but isnt that bad as a 4th/5th tackle on the roster. Schofield has been awful I dont know how many sacks hes give up this year but i count 6 in just 2 games, when the season is over he needs to put alot of hard work into improving in every area otherwise i think hell struggle to make the team next year as i can see atleast 2 tackles coming in over the offseason.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        After seeing Schlereth in the horrible remake of Red Dawn I lost all respect for him. Doesn't mean he's wrong, but if he thought that script was a good idea, it shows a serious lack of skill when it comes to assessing things. The original Red Dawn was a classic.

                        WOLVERINES!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Saw in a thread somewhere that if all the UFA s this year harris was rated as a 3.5 out of ten one of the worst grades on the list.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Schofield can't handle speed rushes. He looks like a guard playing tackle, because that's what he is. He should be a backup guard next season, see if he develops.

                            Harris is terrible. Don't bring him back next year.

                            Mathis is terrible. Don't bring him back next year.

                            Paradis is mediocre but improving. He could develop into a decent starter.

                            Garcia has struggled sometimes in pass protection but has the work ethic and versatility. Should have been starting over Mathis all season. He would have struggled but he needs to take those lumps. He'd be farther along right now and we'd be better off for it in the playoffs if they'd just started the season with him at left guard. Should compete for an interior starting job next season.

                            Vasquez has either been more injured than we knew all season or has lost a step, and also doesn't seem to particularly fit into the zone blocking scheme. Possibly move on from him.

                            Polumbus has been serviceable but he's not NFL starting material. Could see him stick around as a reserve but wouldn't mind seeing him go either.

                            Draft two or three linemen, sign veteran backups. Can't afford Clady's cap hit and he's been hurt most of the last few years. Cut him. Hope Sambrailo is ready to roll next year.
                            Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wait...what? Our OL is not good?
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X