Mark Schlereth on broncos O_line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    The starting O-Line in 2012 was Clady - Beadles - Walton - Ramirez - Franklin. Walton went down after four games and Dan Koppen took over at C. Chris Kuper started five games during the season, I believe, but couldn't stay healthy. Denver drafted Philip Blake that year, but I think he was on the PS.

The starting O-Line at the beginning of 2013 was Clady - Beadles - Ramirez - Vasquez - Franklin. Clady lasted two games and Clark came in at LT. Walton couldn't get healthy and was subsequently released. Dan Koppen and Ryan Lilja got hurt in TC/preseason. Denver drafted Vinston Painter that year, but I think he was on the PS.

Beadles left in free agency and a LG was needed. Someone decided Franklin should move to LG and Chris Clark should be at RT. The starting O-Line at the beginning of 2014 was Clady - Franklin - Ramirez - Vasquez - Clark. Clark was benched after seven games and Cornick started several before Vasquez and Ramirez were shifted to the right and Montgomery became the starting C. Michael Schofield and Matt Paradis were drafted in 2014. Paradis went to the PS and Schofield was never active.

Franklin, Montgomery, Ramirez, Clark and Cornick left in 2015. Manny was part of the trade for Shane Ray and Clark was traded to the Texans. Denver drafted Ty Sambrailo and Max Garcia. Gino Gradkowski was brought in, but didn't make the team. Shelley Smith made the roster, but was subsequently released. Clady went on IR before TC and Ryan Harris was signed. Ty Sambrailo went on IR after three games and Tyler Polumbus was signed. Evan Mathis was signed just before the first regular season game. James Ferentz, Sam Brenner and Robert Myers have been added in that order since the season began.

Denver's O-Line is a mess. None of the starters in the season opener had played together before. Both starting Tackles are on IR. The current Tackles are strictly backups. Ryan Harris hadn't played LT before and has done better than I thought he would. Matt Paradis and Michael Schofield had never played before. Sambrailo and Garcia are rookies. Mathis and Vasquez have been hampered by nagging injuries all season. Some of Michael Schofield's snaps are right out of the Twilight Zone.

Elway's veteran O-Line acquisitions haven't all worked out well. I hope he commits to drafting O-Linemen in the first two rounds this year. Even if Clady returns, the offensive tackle position warrants a first round pick. In Sambrailo, Paradis and Garcia, Denver has a decent Tackle, Center and Guard. They need to add a Tackle and a Guard in the 2016 draft, the earlier the better. IMO Elway needs to use the draft to build and maintain the O-Line with good starters and quality depth.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
    X