Wolfe signs 4yr deal!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Easy to say until an injury pops up in the secondary and Webster is getting 60 snaps a game. Not much at CB once you get past the top 3.

Not sure you realize how much responsibility Wade puts on our CBs
    I second this. We stay in the nickel a lot. And play man to man. There is a reason we signed roby
    Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
      Declining? The dude is in his prime and considered a shut down corner.
      Yep if I'm not mistaken he made the pro bowl again this year.... had a bad game or 2. He is playing 1 on 1 a lot.
      Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
        I remember a lot of people hated the pick
        I will admit I was underwhelmed by it, but more in the "who" sense lol.
        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
          I will admit I was underwhelmed by it, but more in the "who" sense lol.
          I don't follow college football so i literally know almost no one that enters the draft lol, so yeah i was like who is that? but I got on the hype train after watching some you tube stuff about him. Funniest part is I cheer for Roby then realized he is a player from that college below the state of Michigan.... YUCK!
          GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
            I don't follow college football so i literally know almost no one that enters the draft lol, so yeah i was like who is that? but I got on the hype train after watching some you tube stuff about him. Funniest part is I cheer for Roby then realized he is a player from that college below the state of Michigan.... YUCK!
            🤔 Roby is from Atlanta and played college ball at Ohio State. Roby is also best friends with Steve Atwaters son.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
              Yeah just goes to show you that the ESPN hero's aren't always the best picks. Elway has done a much better job in the draft than given credit for. He has consistently found contributors, which is the goal imo. It's the guys that flame out after two years that destroy a draft class, especially higher picks.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                Yeah just goes to show you that the ESPN hero's aren't always the best picks. Elway has done a much better job in the draft than given credit for. He has consistently found contributors, which is the goal imo. It's the guys that flame out after two years that destroy a draft class, especially higher picks.
                Plus all the quality FAs and UDFAs he's brought in. He's definitely one of the better GMs in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
                  Wolfe is not better then Malik Jackson. Jackson is our best defensive linemen. I think we should draft a SS, CB and offensive line
                  Malik is a slightly better pass rusher. Wolfe is quite a bit better stopping the run. You "think" Malik is better. I "think" Wolfe is better. But both should be retained. I don't feel like we will, unfortunately. We could potentially get a very nice comp pick for Malik.

Comment

Retaining Wolfe is step one. MJ, Trev, and Von should all be kept simply because it pretty much ensures a 4 year chance at a title. I think Elway knows this and will try and make it happen. I say try, because the other three guys need to want to be here vs going after the biggest contract they can get. Wolfe got done 1st because he was willing to take a little less to stay a Bronco...these are the guys Elway wants.

The key to MJ coming back is VM. If we have to tag him at 14M vs a Justin Houston contract that has a lower cap number year one of 6M, could be the difference in being able to fit guys under the cap this year. Tons of room in 2017 for big jumps in cap.

Four years...this is the amount of time we could conceivably keep our defense together for. Locking up (spending the $$$) to do so, means we are going to be very dependent on finding the right guys on offense.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• We got Wolfe and MJ in the same draft... What a draft that is and would've been if we grabbed Josh Norman in the 4th round instead of Omar Boldin.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                        Plus all the quality FAs and UDFAs he's brought in. He's definitely one of the better GMs in the league.
                        Absolutely, the man knows what it takes to win. Elway is synonymous with winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          We got Wolfe and MJ in the same draft... What a draft that is and would've been if we grabbed Josh Norman in the 4th round instead of Omar Boldin.
                          Yeah, but isn't this the first year Norman has really flashed this kind of play? Never know what would have happened if we drafted him. Could have never reach his potential with del rio. But who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                            Yeah, but isn't this the first year Norman has really flashed this kind of play? Never know what would have happened if we drafted him. Could have never reach his potential with del rio. But who knows.
                            Yes it is, and in a contract year. Carolina better hope he isn't a one year wonder because that's going to be a lot of dough. He is also already 28 years old so the long term deal he is going to demand will be risky.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                              I remember a lot of people hated the pick
                              I didn't, I wanted him the year before when I thought he might come out as a junior.

Comment

Working...
                              X