Strategy From A Pat's Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy From A Pat's Fan

"Denver better find an answer to that underneath stuff or it could be a long day for them next week" - Pat's Fan

Agreed, Gronk and Edeleman are gonna have a field day.

Comment

Manning is 2-1 vs Brady in the AFCCG... Brady is 2-6 in DEN (0-2 in DEN in Jan)...

That PIT OL is better than NE... They barely beat a hobbled KC team missing its 2 best pass rushers...

Like this game... There will be plays to be made... They will make some... Let's hope we make more.

Comment

Originally posted by spirited_Cheer View Post
        "Denver better find an answer to that underneath stuff or it could be a long day for them next week" - Pat's Fan
        At the end of the day we will have more points than they do, that is all.
        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          Manning is 2-1 vs Brady in the AFCCG... Brady is 2-6 in DEN (0-2 in DEN in Jan)...

That PIT OL is better than NE... They barely beat a hobbled KC team missing its 2 best pass rushers...

Like this game... There will be plays to be made... They will make some... Let's hope we make more.
          barely beat KC? Brady carved that defense up with ease... they stood no chance

Comment

NE eked out a win by 3 points and thanks to Mr. Kool aid man who mismanaged the clock NE was able to win the game. Winning by 3 points is nothing to crow about in my book. I will take our defense over Ne's any day and especially in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by spirited_Cheer View Post
              while Julian and Gronk are a nightmare covering Wheaton and Bryant is comparable. Those Steerlers WRs are quick, lanky, agile and strong make people miss and have elite speed. Steelers oline is far better than the Pats oline and it was obvious Hali was injured and slow and no Justin Houstin killed KCs pass rush. I see Broncos getting push up the middle with Malik and Wolfe with our edge rush disrupting the timing of "all that underneath stuff" but well see.

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
                barely beat KC? Brady carved that defense up with ease... they stood no chance
                Bobbled pass was dropped by Smith... Might have been a pick-6... Brady missed some open WRs and in the 4th... 1 possession game...Brady threw a bad pass that Peters should've had... He's made those INTs all year... He simply dropped it.

Comment

Comparisons really don't mean much in the NFL. Yeah, NE looked great this week vs KC, and Denver left much to be desired today, albeit with a victory. Next Sunday, the Pats could look like the team that lost in week 17 to the Dolphins despite having HFA on the line, and Denver's offense could resemble the one (led by Peyton) that trounced Green Bay.

I guess we will just have to wait and see, but it certainly is better to be playing in Denver instead of Foxboro.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                    NE eked out a win by 3 points and thanks to Mr. Kool aid man who mismanaged the clock NE was able to win the game. Winning by 3 points is nothing to crow about in my book. I will take our defense over Ne's any day and especially in Denver.
                    That game was not as close as the score indicated. New England was in the lead the entire game against a KC team no one wanted to play and won 11 straight. And actually 27 pts could have been 38 had those two Fgs been TDs. KC was lucky to still be in the game but too late by that time. They only moved the ball once Hightower, Mayo and Jones left the game. All three defenders will be back.

Comment

While I think the patriots should be favored. There's a couple of things to think about.

1. The Broncos knew Big Ben could still throw so unlike tom Brady, you have to respect bens deep ball still. They were willing to give up a lot of deep stuff in this game. Toms a great qb, but it's pretty much fact by now that he isn't a great long ball thrower.

2. The steelers oline is wayyyyy better than the patriots.

3. The patriots qb is better at getting the ball out quicker than Ben, but Ben is no slouch at that.

4. Julian will probably have a big day with Harris hurting, but it'll be all about limiting gronk.

Comment

It's all about match ups. The offense the pats run isn't comparable to the steelers. Same with the pats and steelers defense.

I expect the Broncos to run the ball much better. And the pass rush should be better too

Comment

Not to mention PM earns 2 million if he wins this game. I don't care how many Papa Johns you own... That'll motivate him.

Plus, if PM wins and gets to SB... He earns another 2 mil for winning that. And, if he wins the SB, he not only earns 4 million but he goes out on top and can honestly claim to boast a better playoff record over Brady from 2005-2015... He will be 3-1 vs Brady in AFCCG... Have 1 more SB win and 1 more SB appearance and would have the better record in postseason (2005-2015).

Comment

Well, which team will repeat this week's performer? PIT offense resembles NE for DEN just like DEN's offense reminds NE of KC...

Good news is... NE is on the road and Brady and NE are not S formidable on the road as they are at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan
                              The only thing close to stupid is comparing those two to gronk. But while Julian is a great slot guy, he's not far and away better than those two. He provides a little more crisp route running but he isn't going to go up over you for a ball considering the height difference.

Then, I truly hope you don't believe the patriots have a better offensive line than the steelers. One is one of the best in the NFL while the other is one of the worst. That isn't even debatable and you're the "stupid" one if you can't admit that.
                              Well in terms of difficulty Wheaton Bryant even DHB and Sammy Coates are a nightmare for us. Gronk is a different animal but in terms of overall challenge comparable.

Comment

Working...
                              X