Does this settle the QB argument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this settle the QB argument?

Anybody think Oz would have done better AND would do better vs NE? WHY OR WHY NOT?

No, no one knows what OZ would have done in this game, or if Pitt would have played him differently than Manning. Each game is different. Which is why NE would be a challenge next week as well. They are healthier and last time we needed the benefit of a muffed punt in order to get back in the game.

Nothing is resolved, nor will it be. Brock has a better arm, but does not read coverages better.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I think Osweiler would've been more effective, particularly with 20-40 yard throws. Peyton was clearly off target. Does it make sense to play Brock? Yes, but we're in a unique situation. Peyton must play. (Unfortunately...)

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
        No, no one knows what OZ would have done in this game, or if Pitt would have played him differently than Manning. Each game is different. Which is why NE would be a challenge next week as well. They are healthier and last time we needed the benefit of a muffed punt in order to get back in the game.

Nothing is resolved, nor will it be. Brock has a better arm, but does not read coverages better.
        Sounded like you were on the fence until the last statement. The argument could be made that Peyton's arm didn't throw any interceptions today... Finally

Comment

There is an saying..Never take for granted the gifts that you are giving. Fact is the grass is never greener on the other side. The Colts have found this out. People are gonna argue for what they want ,,but at the end of the day I can guarantee this.. once Peyton leaves Denver after a SB 50 victory of course and he is no longer here for people to point fingers and if things don't go like they have for the last 4 years..its going to be the same ones blaming Brock or whoever is Qb ing. Its the nature of people never appreciating what they have and always wanting to blame someone when it goes bad,, Lol All I can say is thank goodness that these are just people who like to give input on a message board and not out there playing the game..haha

Comment

Oswelier is better. Peyton cannot beat brady with his field goals. Kubiak should roll the dice with Osweiler. But I don't think he will take the risk of the backlash.

Comment

Really people thought Manning was that bad? Interesting. He certainly wasn't lights out, but he looked fine to me. The drops really hurt in the 1st half.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                I think Osweiler would've been more effective, particularly with 20-40 yard throws. Peyton was clearly off target. Does it make sense to play Brock? Yes, but we're in a unique situation. Peyton must play. (Unfortunately...)
                He would have had a hard time because of the wind.. Kubiak talked about the wind playing into more then they ghought it would.. brock has a hard time hitting his target in no wind,,with wind,,umm..YIKES

Comment

The QB situation won't subside until one or both are long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                    He would have had a hard time because of the wind.. Kubiak talked about the wind playing into more then they ghought it would.. brock has a hard time hitting his target in no wind,,with wind,,umm..YIKES
                    Big Ben appeared to be throwing fine on an injured shoulder. Martavis Bryant had a career day.

Comment

Should've, would've, could've.

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
                        Oswelier is better. Peyton cannot beat brady with his field goals. Kubiak should roll the dice with Osweiler. But I don't think he will take the risk of the backlash.
                        What makes you think Brock is better? Dont say cause he already beat the Patriots,,we know that that was a 3rd string team..I'm curious as to why you think Brock would do better because the fact is 2 Sundays ago when the division was on the line he couldn't get it done..and you thin k he can in an AFC championship game? haha Alrighty then. Good luck w/ that..lol

Comment

Manning played well imo, the rest of the team not so much. Let the old man have his last ride!

Comment

QBs that sat their first couple of seasons (Rodgers, Palmer, Rivers) have similar (or markedly worse) stats than Oz. Even ones that were on the bench needed actual experience to perform. 7-games of experience sets Brock up extremely nicely to showcase what he's really capable of (not not) next year.

Playoffs are a different beast ESPECIALLY if you have Peyton Manning on the bench behind him. You toss the spotlight on him now before he's ready and you could cause some damage to both this year's team and to the player himself.

Manning looked healthy enough (particularly with Brock's own health concerns) to make it clear that he's the best choice, for the sake of this and next year(s).

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                              Peyton had couple off target passes, but for the most part he was accurate with his throws. He didn't light it up, drop passes being part of the reason, but should play better next week with more time with the O. He looked fresh and moved around well, just needs to get the deep ball timing down. His famous "noodle arm" was a non existent today.

Comment

Working...
                              X