The TE position confuses me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TE position confuses me....

Anyone else puzzled by what we are doing at TE?

We trade for VD and hes invisible.

We use Daniels and Green, but not nearly enough IMHO.

We lean on guys like Fowler, and Roby in todays game, which is good and all, but what exactly is going on?

I haven't take the time to watch the game again yet, but I am wondering if where are the TE's?

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    Anyone else puzzled by what we are doing at TE?

We trade for VD and hes invisible.

We use Daniels and Green, but not nearly enough IMHO.

We lean on guys like Fowler, and Roby in todays game, which is good and all, but what exactly is going on?

I haven't take the time to watch the game again yet, but I am wondering if where are the TE's?
    The fact is we don't have great TEs. Green is pretty much a blocking TE, and Daniels is way past his prime. As far as VD, I think his critical drops have him in the doghouse. I don't even know if he was active today.

Comment

Green has good hands

Comment

Yeah, me too. Peyton's always had a great TE, and Kubes is renown for his TE use. Yet we don't really use ours. NE will notice our over dependency on WR #1 and #2 and take them away. We need one of our TEs to step up and become a gamebreaker.

Comment

It's obvious VD is blacklisted (and probably rightly so) Green has potential, but I don't think Manning trusts him and well...Daniels has big moments but is so freaking slow....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
            Yeah, me too. Peyton's always had a great TE, and Kubes is renown for his TE use. Yet we don't really use ours. NE will notice our over dependency on WR #1 and #2 and take them away. We need one of our TEs to step up and become a gamebreaker.
            Outside of 1-2 years of his career, he's really not though... I mean if you want to look at his time with us, sure, but he had Shannon freaking Sharpe so of course that's a given. Most years he never had a TE over 550 yards.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              It's obvious VD is blacklisted (and probably rightly so) Green has potential, but I don't think Manning trusts him and well...Daniels has big moments but is so freaking slow....
              This is something I don't understand, what does a guy have to do to earn trust? I can't remember Green dropping a single on target pass, yet he gets no love in the passing game. I think he has shown potential for being pretty good after the catch as well. Imo he is perfect for the system as he is a great blocker and can sneak out for a quick bail out pass. It's insane how we never use him when he has been effective.
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

What is confusing to me is the mere fact that we have a really Great TE in Virgil Green and The coaching staff does not utilize him to his full potential. I also have no clue as to why Denver even traded for Veron Davis SMH

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                  This is something I don't understand, what does a guy have to do to earn trust? I can't remember Green dropping a single on target pass, yet he gets no love in the passing game. I think he has shown potential for being pretty good after the catch as well. Imo he is perfect for the system as he is a great blocker and can sneak out for a quick bail out pass. It's insane how we never use him when he has been effective.
                  Who knows, could just come down to not practicing well with Manning, we aren't involved, hard to say, but it seems like Manning, Kubiak, someone doesn't trust him and because of that he's not a go to guy which is a shame because he comes up big when they go to him.
                  sigpic

Comment

He wasn't a big part of the Brock offense either. He must really not practice well or runs all the wrong routes (which we wouldn't know about). Like a TE version of Latimer?

But yeah, when he's targeted, he seems so good.

Comment

Who knows, could just come down to not practicing well with Manning, we aren't involved, hard to say, but it seems like Manning, Kubiak, someone doesn't trust him and because of that he's not a go to guy which is a shame because he comes up big when they go to him.
                      Only thing I can think of is he is probably not a great route runner. He doesn't run himself open so can't really be worked in as a go to guy. I really think he would be useful as a block and release guy more often though. We could definitely use a bail out guy more.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                        Only thing I can think of is he is probably not a great route runner. He doesn't run himself open so can't really be worked in as a go to guy. I really think he would be useful as a block and release guy more often though. We could definitely use a bail out guy more.
                        And really, that's very likely it. With a QB like Manning who is a real timing QB, you throw a guy in there who can't run the right route you are going to end up with INT's. That's not something you want. A QB has to be able to trust his guy to run the route called especially if he's going to be putting the ball in that spot if he's there or not.
                        sigpic

Comment

And really, that's very likely it. With a QB like Manning who is a real timing QB, you throw a guy in there who can't run the right route you are going to end up with INT's. That's not something you want. A QB has to be able to trust his guy to run the route called especially if he's going to be putting the ball in that spot if he's there or not.
                          Agreed 10 char

Comment

Originally posted by DOMAN8R2016 View Post
                            What is confusing to me is the mere fact that we have a really Great TE in Virgil Green and The coaching staff does not utilize him to his full potential. I also have no clue as to why Denver even traded for Veron Davis SMH
                            We really Didn't lose much for him. But it's so easy to sit here now and say it was a bad trade. They were hoping he had something left in the tank and a new scenery would rejuvenate him, but he obviously is done for. Have to appreciate the willingness to try and improve the team. Sometimes you have to take chances like that. This time it didn't work out. Next time it could.

Comment

It will probably be more scheme based. The Steelers have very athletic Linebackers, and VD doesn't run the greatest of routes. OD runs very good routes, which was better suited yesterday, especially with the hot routes. I could see us involve VD more next week.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                              X