The TE position confuses me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    This is something I don't understand, what does a guy have to do to earn trust? I can't remember Green dropping a single on target pass, yet he gets no love in the passing game. I think he has shown potential for being pretty good after the catch as well. Imo he is perfect for the system as he is a great blocker and can sneak out for a quick bail out pass. It's insane how we never use him when he has been effective.

Green is a freaking stud, he was a monster at the Combine with better stats then J. Thomas and can block better then almost all of our TE's. He catches almost everything thrown at him, and shows power and speed...

Yet time and time again he cannot see playing time... If I am Green I am bolting out of Denver the first chance I get!

It just really makes NO SENSE the past two coaches seem to lack the sense to use this guy more.. He could be pro bowl good and most of us see that.. But the Million Dollar coaching staff seem to lack that ability...

I won't even get into the fact that we wasted two sixth round picks on V. Davis.. But then we refused to waste picks on J. Thomas?...

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
      This is something I don't understand, what does a guy have to do to earn trust? I can't remember Green dropping a single on target pass, yet he gets no love in the passing game. I think he has shown potential for being pretty good after the catch as well. Imo he is perfect for the system as he is a great blocker and can sneak out for a quick bail out pass. It's insane how we never use him when he has been effective.
      I concur, Virgil doesn't drop passes. He needs to be used more.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
        Yeah, me too. Peyton's always had a great TE, and Kubes is renown for his TE use. Yet we don't really use ours. NE will notice our over dependency on WR #1 and #2 and take them away. We need one of our TEs to step up and become a gamebreaker.
        Or that is strategy. I think NE's weakness is seam throws and mid-field crossing routes. So I expect to see a ton of TE play against NE.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
          Green is a freaking stud, he was a monster at the Combine with better stats then J. Thomas and can block better then almost all of our TE's. He catches almost everything thrown at him, and shows power and speed...

Yet time and time again he cannot see playing time... If I am Green I am bolting out of Denver the first chance I get!

It just really makes NO SENSE the past two coaches seem to lack the sense to use this guy more.. He could be pro bowl good and most of us see that.. But the Million Dollar coaching staff seem to lack that ability...

I won't even get into the fact that we wasted two sixth round picks on V. Davis.. But then we refused to waste picks on J. Thomas?...
          VG has caught nearly everything but has not really ran particularly well after the catch. I'd like to see a man of his size and strength use it a bit more. Lean into the first defender who tries to tackle you. I watch CJ Anderson do that a lot on his first 2-3 runs of the game. He tries to make it a point to lean in with his shoulder and give the first few guys a SOLID hit. It jars them and then he tries to use that 'fear' to his advantage later in the game.

Comment

Your TEs haven't been very productive. Given that NE has given up the 3rd fewest yards to TEs (just look at how Chung dominated Kelce vs KC) I wouldn't expect your TE production to be anything significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              Or that is strategy. I think NE's weakness is seam throws and mid-field crossing routes. So I expect to see a ton of TE play against NE.
              We're one of the best teams in the league vs TEs. Kelce had like 26 yards.

Comment

It's too late to change anything this season. Green could be the next great receiving TE, but his curse is being such a great blocker so that's how he is used. It makes no sense to me why Daniel's is getting all the passes. He's slow as hell and has drops passes in every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
                  Green has good hands
                  Originally posted by DOMAN8R2016 View Post
                  What is confusing to me is the mere fact that we have a really Great TE in Virgil Green and The coaching staff does not utilize him to his full potential. I also have no clue as to why Denver even traded for Veron Davis SMH
                  Would not call Green great but he is good and maybe the most reliable hands on the offense

Add in that every time the ball touches his hands he seems to power for extra yards.

IMO the only reason Green does not look better the Owen D is because Green does not get the same opportunities. He is younger, more athletic and has good hands...his biggest limitation to being a better player are the offensive coaches of the Broncos

My eyes already told me this but looking at PFF rankings

Green (2.6) has twice the pass rating that Daniels (1.0) does in 25% of the opportunities. Owen has gotten 459 passing snaps to Greens 122 snaps.

My two conclusions now are the coaches are mentally slow or maybe Green is not picking up the passing offense as fast as required.
                  Last edited by Hadez; 01-18-2016, 09:29 AM.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by TeamOfDestiny View Post
                    Your TEs haven't been very productive. Given that NE has given up the 3rd fewest yards to TEs (just look at how Chung dominated Kelce vs KC) I wouldn't expect your TE production to be anything significant.
                    I would not expect much from our TEs in terms of big plays. I fully expect NE to take away the middle of the field from PM
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by TeamOfDestiny View Post
                      We're one of the best teams in the league vs TEs. Kelce had like 26 yards.
                      one game does not a season make. I'd need to see more examples before being able to agree. NE does have 1-2 excellent Lb's but they cannot always cover the TE's it depends on the coverage and the plays called. If I am not mistaken (since you've used a one game example here) I thought it was VS NE where Davis had his best game?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Would not call Green great but he is good and maybe the most reliable hands on the offense

Add in that every time the ball touches his hands he seems to power for extra yards.

IMO the only reason Green does not look better the Owen D is because Green does not get the same opportunities. He is younger, more athletic and has good hands...his biggest limitation to being a better player are the offensive coaches of the Broncos

My eyes already told me this but looking at PFF rankings

Green (2.6) has twice the pass rating that Daniels (1.0) does in 25% of the opportunities. Owen has gotten 459 passing snaps to Greens 122 snaps.

My two conclusions now are the coaches are mentally slow or maybe Green is not picking up the passing offense as fast as required.
                        Or the third which is the most likely - Our offensive line is so poor that Green is needed to block. Since Green is also a better blocker he is being held back by his own success.

Comment

YES!! we need the TE's to be involved, ALL of them! Virgil never drops a pass and can block, OD is slow but has been good the last part of the year, and I don't care what VD did at the end of the season we need to test him again. Do it at the beginning to get a feel, if he drops a couple bench him. But he is too good to not at least give it a try. Who did Gronk just pass on TE TD's in the playoffs? that's right VD, he has playoff experience of being clutch we need to try and tap it. ALL 3 should be used heavily this Sunday!

We could really hurt NE if we use the TE's properly...however based on our track record this season I don't see it happening hopefully our running game and D can pull it out.
                          sigpic
                          BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Working...
                          X