CJ Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Anderson

Anyone have any idea as to why CJ is not getting the bulk of the carries? It is obvious from the numbers and the eye test that he is the superior player to Hillman. Yet, Kubes keeps giving Hillman the ball on short yardage and other questionable situations.

I just don't get it, I think this is going to have to change if we want to win sunday.
    sigpic

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    Anyone have any idea as to why CJ is not getting the bulk of the carries? It is obvious from the numbers and the eye test that he is the superior player to Hillman. Yet, Kubes keeps giving Hillman the ball on short yardage and other questionable situations.

I just don't get it, I think this is going to have to change if we want to win sunday.
    No idea. I wish Patriots just had one guy to rely on though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post

Only thing I can think of is they want to keep his carry count down because he is injury prone, because he is far and away the better rb.

Comment

Anderson has proven to be too much to handle for tired defenses. I would love to see him carry it a ton, but if we can buy time with Hillman and short passing routes- we can bang away with Anderson in the redzone and more importantly towards the end.

Hillman will play a key role in our game plan, we just need positive yards and no fumbles and leave a fresher Anderson to knock them out. I have a good feeling about our run game at home this week.

Comment

Two different types of running back -- Hillman is speed, Anderson is power. Hillman can RUN around the end of the line and beat the defenders down the side, whereas Anderson can plow THROUGH the line and shake off tackles. On occasion, Hillman has gone through the line, too; but only when the o-line had its {insert "stuff" here} together and actually pushed the d-line backwards and opened a hole. Anderson sees a sliver of daylight through the line and blasts through.

They both have roles to play, depending on what the opponent is doing. It gives us an "ala carte" type of run game.
          --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by mediaperch View Post
            Only thing I can think of is they want to keep his carry count down because he is injury prone, because he is far and away the better rb.
            I think this is part of it...The guy cannot stay healthy.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              I think this is part of it...The guy cannot stay healthy.
              Agreed. Hope he can stay healthy for 2 more games.

Comment

simple. CJ gets the bulk of the load in the 4th qtr. Hes fresher and continues to close out games

Comment

Um, cause sometimes it seems like we don't usually do the thing that seems most logical? I have no idea really. I do wish we'd use him more.

On the same note, why don't we use Virgil Green more in the passing game. The guy catches footballs when they are thrown to him and powers through after being tackled as well. Another thing that seems illogical to me.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

How about Vernon Davis go out and earn his salary this week. Reform yourself back in to your 2009 or 2013 years when you had serious and reliable production.

Just sayin.

As for CJ, I think he is on some kind of snap count or at least rotated in enough to limit his chances of getting hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      How about Vernon Davis go out and earn his salary this week. Reform yourself back in to your 2009 or 2013 years when you had serious and reliable production.

Just sayin.
                      I think that's about as likely as Steven Jackson "reforming" himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        How about Vernon Davis go out and earn his salary this week. Reform yourself back in to your 2009 or 2013 years when you had serious and reliable production

I know he was basically a ghost last week, but he has the talent to make a huge play for us- if they call his number a few times.

I hope we take shot down field to him early and see what he can do. He is a distraction/athletic option if nothing else. I hope he gets some snaps.....

Comment

This game against the Patriots...Kubiak needs to go balls to the walls with Anderson....inury prone be dammed.

Using Hillman is pointless...Anderson can make every run Hillman can make and so so so so much more....and in all honestly...Hillman really isnt that fast....Ive been dispapointed in his speed..most of his attempts to the outside he cant outrun the LBs.

Give Anderson 30 carries this game..help keep Brady off the field...and get us 150 yards rushing EASY !...that opens up play-action passes and deep passes...which are absolutely essential

In my mind...if Kubiak goes into this game doing the same thing he keeps doing.. ( trying to use Hillman as a workhorse, and throwing predictable dink and dunk passes in short zone, easily contained an defensable area)...its proof positive that he is a dufus.

Anderson is the key to our offense exploding against the Pats.

Comment

Originally posted by Doran Peck View Post
                            This game against the Patriots...Kubiak needs to go balls to the walls with Anderson....inury prone be dammed.

Using Hillman is pointless...Anderson can make every run Hillman can make and so so so so much more....and in all honestly...Hillman really isnt that fast....Ive been dispapointed in his speed..most of his attempts to the outside he cant outrun the LBs.

Give Anderson 30 carries this game..help keep Brady off the field...and get us 150 yards rushing EASY !...that opens up play-action passes and deep passes...which are absolutely essential

In my mind...if Kubiak goes into this game doing the same thing he keeps doing.. ( trying to use Hillman as a workhorse, and throwing predictable dink and dunk passes in short zone, easily contained an defensable area)...its proof positive that he is a dufus.

Anderson is the key to our offense exploding against the Pats.

I think it has more to do with Kubiak wanting to keep his best RB fresh for the 4th quarter.In that respect it is certainly working as he has been closing games out nicely.

Comment

It is frustrating, but these guys are right. You hope that hillmans speed can tire the defense out just a little early on. Keep Cj fresh for the second half and that's what we've had success with. People want every run play to be 5 yards it seems. Which would be great. But, those people that don't understand the run game typically don't get that a successful run game is going to almost always appear better in the second half of a game than the first half if you set it up right.

Comment

Working...
                              X