No announcement yet.

CJ Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't matter anymore. The new NFL rule with lowering your head pretty much outlawed hard hitting runs

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Because Anderson is tremendously overrated on this board, so they have to keep pushing the notion that he's incredible, and that leads to "Anderson is great, Hillman is awful" to feed into them thinking that Anderson should be used for 30 carries a game. Anderson isn't bad, he's an NFL running back, and is getting about the number of carries he should. But he's not as good as many on here believe, he's probably best used in tandem with another back and having him and Hillman give the Broncos a very good duo of backs who are completely different from each other.

People need to trust that the coaches know what they're doing, my guess would be that Anderson doesn't get more carries partly due to previous injury history and partly because he might lose effectiveness as his number of carries goes up.
      Last year... the more carries Anderson had the better we did as a team. This was a common observation all five years while he rushed the rock for us. When CJ was going, we were going. That happened often. Man could punish and move sticks.

I am sadened to see him go- His name and number will be immortalized in Denver lore as a hugely impactful player on a glorious Super Bowl run! :lombardi:

Thank you CJ!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Not too surprised with this move.

In a league deep with RBs I have no problem with the business end of this decision due to his cap hit in our current tight situation, injury past, and the simple fact he's getting older. But the guy is a baller when he's on the field and often showed up when other's didn't

I will forever hate that game and how soft some players played because they didn't want to play the Patriots the following week. But CJ deserved an award for that run, for keeping Franklin from getting a penalty in a scuffle, etc. He had only 80 yards on the night in 18 carries. The team didn't shine that night but CJ did.

Good luck, bud!
        Good post,

CJ had attitude for sure. I can remember a lot of really tough, game changing runs he put together just like this loop.

I fear we just created a big gap at the RB position... At this time, we haven't seen anyone on the roster who has run as productive, tough and consistent. CJ's tendency to finish plays hard and punish defenders brought a lot of attitude to our offense which often was so lifeless that nothing else was going for us. We will need to hit in the draft or see some major improvement from the young men on the roster now or else this could be a move that back fires and sets us back from where we were a year ago.
        Last edited by Zealander; 04-16-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
          So basically we kept our options open. QB, Barkley, or whoever else Elway might choose. If this draft is not solid not sure if ill like the upcoming season. Good news is when I went to Vail I got a ton of Broncos stuff on clearance. haha
          now we have sold the idea we are out to draft a RB, this strategy is good and Mr. Elway is telling the league that they will not dictate the draft to him. He is all in and playing the game of deception fairly well. This is leading up to be one of the most interesting drafts in many years.
          Last edited by colowoz; 04-16-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            We don't really need more options though. This is a very deep draft for RB, it will 100 percent be addressed in the draft.
            Agreed, for sure we will roll the dice in the draft and see if we come up with some extra needed production at the RB.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              That's right. And, every incomplete pass stops the clock.
              They don't have many of those unfortunately.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                They don't have many of those unfortunately.
                I had to go back to get the context. That was over two years ago.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  I had to go back to get the context. That was over two years ago.
                  Hahah so it was, why are people bumping ancient threads to talk about current issues
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X