Anyone find it ironic ... (john fox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone find it ironic ... (john fox)

John Fox was replaced by both of the coaches in this Superbowl?

Coincidence?

Irony?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Cosmic disalignment, dude! And he's 0-2 at SB's with both clubs.

Here's a good little article at MHR:

Denver Broncos are better prepared for the Super Bowl under Gary Kubiak

Not prepared.

Not too shabby.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

These are probably the two teams Foxy didn't want going to the SB
      sigpic

Comment

I was listening to Big Al and D-Mac all week,they were saying how John Fox didn't prepare for the noise and many other things..Hell,they said today that the players that was on IR or injured didn't get a chance to fly with the team..I guess,they flew in on a separate flight with some of the staff and players like Chris Harris were upset about it.

Yesterday,it was announced that all players that's on IR will be flying with the team,while all of the staff members will be flying as well..

Someone can correct me,if I'm wrong though..I find it messed up that Fox would treat players that contributed to the team like that...smh
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

Not prepared.

Not too shabby.
          I think calling that article "good" is an overstatement. It literally just said "Fox didn't have the team prepared, Kubiak does". With no specific examples of either case. We are just supposed to take the author's word for it

Comment

Not ironic.
            Sincerely,
            Alanis Morrisette
            sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
              I think calling that article "good" is an overstatement. It literally just said "Fox didn't have the team prepared, Kubiak does". With no specific examples of either case. We are just supposed to take the author's word for it
              Welll, it "literally" did give a couple of examples if you read the whole thing, just not to the level of detail you may have preferred.

Fox:

Will the Denver Broncos get caught off guard by the crowd noise again?
              That's the most obvious example. The upshot of the article is that it can't be any worse as evidenced by 43-8!

Kubes:

That's another reason he gave the players and coaches Monday-Wednesday to get those distractions taken care of so they could turn their focus to football come Thursday.

After a training camp practice, Kubiak was asked a harmless question about working on field goal returns. Why does a team work on something that probably never happens in a game?

"The season's about recall," Kubiak said. "You can't stand out here every day and keep your guys out here doing those things every day, but you've got to throw it to them and talk about how you handle situations. There has to be great recall during the course of the season. We're going to hit it all. We've got what we call ‘mock situations' all the time where we're putting players through mind games, in a lot of ways, and coaches. So I don't know if you noticed, but I've got (Director of Football Analytics) Mitch (Tanney) out there with me. If we're moving the ball or we're doing formatting, I've got Mitch with me because he's going to be on the headset, so we're trying to practice. Everything's going to happen on game day."
              They only started a couple days ago so you can't expect a detailed list of preps! As the next week passes, more prep work may (or may not) be revealed while most of it will be secret until after SB. Then we'll know for sure if any of it mattered.

We can be encouraged by the fact that the team was prepared enough to remain undefeated in primetime games on the national stage -all night and playoff games. Those include wins after regular season and postseason byes too.

Additionally Kubes enlisted Shanahan for advice on how he did in 98 & 99. See:

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak leans on Mike Shanahan for Super Bowl prep work

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Fox was terrible in both his SBs. If you watch the sound bites he was the one instructing us to throw all the short underneath routes and bubble screens 20x in a row that got our guys killed. The pass rush was an issue but not to the extent of using that strategy every single play. The short kickoff to harvin was also a repeat of his blunder from his first SB. I have no doubt the reason the panthers kicker shanked the kick off giving the pats a short field to win in that SB was a fox strategy also. Scared coaching habits that backfired 2x.

Comment

I still think the 2013 Denver Broncos were one of the better teams in history (especially when healthy, lots of defensive injuries going into the SB), it's just too bad that SB meltdown will define the season. But it was painful to see how poorly coached and poorly prepared they were. Was obvious vs. Indy last year too. I wanted Fox and Del Rio gone after those games, and I'm glad Elway saw it too...I would prefer Adam Gase at o-coordiantor over what we have now, but can't get too greedy.

Now I don't think Kubiak has done a very good job this year, but it's not due to lack of preparation. I think this team will be more relaxed heading into the SB. I'm sure Wade will have a good gameplan against Cam and co. Lots of pressure on the offense to perform.

Fox was also awful to watch with interviews, etc. He always seemed very confused. I know coaches hide a lot when discussing with the media, but he genuinely seemed to have no idea what people were talking about when asking about apparent problems with the team.

Comment

For Coach Fox being replaced by both SB coaches is not to shabby..

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

Not prepared.

Not too shabby.
                      Uggh, Superbowl 48.

Never have a seen such a colossal failure of a team.

Coaches failed, players failed and even the fans failed.

Seattle sent their maniacs. We sent the wine and cheese crowd. Pathetic.

Comment

I like this thread, I never really gave it much thought but Foxy did seem like his coaching was uninspiring and not thoughtful of anything worth of a great HC. Slow to adjust, and was just limited in his approach. This give me hope in this SB, we have to learn from the past, we just have too!
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

In the words of Amin Elhassan, #hatehard
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Fox was good for the Broncos.

He had to go because he and Elway were no longer on the same page.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              John Fox was replaced by both of the coaches in this Superbowl?

Coincidence?

Irony?
                              More irony:
                              Went with each
                              Lost with each
                              Both going at the same time
                              Without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X