No announcement yet.

We had a tougher schedule than Carolina did regular season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask the 2015 Patriots about how playing a confidence building schedule full of patsies worked out for them..

Comment

• The toughness of the regular season schedule doesn't mean squat right now.

What does matter now is how these two teams match up.

While Denver has the better defense statistically, the Panthers have the better offense... and the biggest difference that I see between these two teams is Carolina's ability to be much more effective than Denver in short-yardage situations... due solely to Newton.

When it's third and short... or 4th and short, Carolina has a distinct advantage.
      "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Salutethis View Post
        Oh yeah that's true. Just like the second half of that Seattle game was planned. You had adversity for one half in the playoffs.. Denver had it for the whole trip... Denver didn't play a QB with one post season win. Denver played 2 hof QBs and teams that showed up for the whole game. The easy reg season means nothing to me. But the real second half when the cats had real adversity should have you cat fans a little scared.
        Denver played 2 teams that where beat up! Lol ,injure ridden. Our number 1 wr went down preseason, cam working with freaking Philly Brown and Ted Ginn!! That's beyond adversity lol.... Cam also has multiple game winning drives this season alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          People said that NE was unstoppable with all of their weapons as well, look what happened. Carolina is a good team, but their offense isn't nearly as good as it's being billed. Their passing O is 24th in the league, their running game was 2nd, but that was partly due to attempts, their average per carry was 9th or 10th, and only slightly above Denver and if you take away the defensive and special teams touchdowns, their "number 1 scoring O" actually wasn't.

Good team, but they're way overhyped because of a game where Arizona was actively looking for ways to lose the game. Carolina is a more disciplined version of Cincy, with a QB who's more dynamic but running backs who are way less dynamic. They've also got way less dynamic receivers.
          The thing is, I dont doubt that our defense pretty much shuts them down.

The problem we have, will be when we have the ball. Our offense must score more than field goals for a change.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Blknblu View Post
            Denver played 2 teams that where beat up! Lol ,injure ridden. Our number 1 wr went down preseason, cam working with freaking Philly Brown and Ted Ginn!! That's beyond adversity lol.... Cam also has multiple game winning drives this season alone.
            Denver players most of the season with at least one, usually 2 or more, defensive starters out.

And still managed to be elite.

Something to ponder.

Using the injury excuse....only means your depth sucks.
            sigpic

Comment

• the schedule played in regular season is irrelevant. If this game is even remotely close, it rides on one thing. the same thing the Hawks superbowl ran on... that is... our O line against their D line... its not our D line against their O line, or against Cam etc... plain and simple... if Manning gets inside pressure and cannot step up into throws, he throws ducks and interceptions... we likely will need more than 20 points to have a chance... so take a look at personnel of their D line, especially inside and our center and guards... yikes... and if they bottle up the run game, which the Pats did except a few runs, this is a Panthers blow out... Cam will not get hit 25 times like Brady... they have a better O line and even so Brady threw for 300+... if the Kubiak offense does not work, hope they prepare to have the old Manning no huddle... cuz thats how you throw off a pass rush, quick passes, don't let them get their breath... and not have time to decipher formations... our offensive game plan cannot be from past tapes...

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                Denver players most of the season with at least one, usually 2 or more, defensive starters out.

And still managed to be elite.

Something to ponder.

Using the injury excuse....only means your depth sucks.
                I think all teams deal with injuries. It's just the nature of the game. And if your depth sucks you won't be making the Super Bowl. Heck we've had injuries to our defense as well. Two of our starting corners are out and have been out the entire playoffs. Even Luke Kuechly missed 3 games early in the season because of a concussion.

Comment

• What I really like is that, as our players like Luke went down, our bench stepped up. That is really a confidence booster.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncpantherfan View Post
                    What I really like is that, as our players like Luke went down, our bench stepped up. That is really a confidence booster.
                    We'll see if Carolina is smart enough to use that bench on Sunday. No doubt Thomas Davis is a great story, the adversity he's overcome has been incredible and he's also a good guy off the field. But playing in a cast will have a big affect on his abilities, if he's on the field with a cast on he becomes a big liability for them. It's tough to get off of blocks wearing a cast, it's tough to jam receivers (RBs and TEs) with a cast and it doesn't help tackling either.

Comment

• Let them keep doubting us. Carolina is a stronger team if you look at it from the outside but I seriously think we are more hungry. We have been overcoming the nonsense all year. No matter the obstacles we find ways to win. I like being the underdog

Comment

• I remember reading that back in the old days, a guy with a cast would use it as a weapon. They would hit guys up side the head with the cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncpantherfan View Post
                          I remember reading that back in the old days, a guy with a cast would use it as a weapon. They would hit guys up side the head with the cast.
                          Yep, there were even guys (annecdotely of course) who would get things put in the cast to help "strengthen" it. Of course those days have long since passed.

Comment

Working...
                          X