Don't discount the heart of a man with his back against the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't discount the heart of a man with his back against the wall

I was out shoveling snow yesterday, and the thought popped into my mind about how Manning most likely knows that this is his last game, at least his last shot at the Super Bowl, and is going to give it his all physically, mentally and every which way next Sunday. Sure he isn't what he used to be, but when a man knows that this is "do or die" and is a fighter and warrior like he is, well, sometimes that is more dangerous than a younger player, as he'll use all of his experience and intelligence to go out a winner.

I think Denver is going to surprise a LOT of people next week....

Just my thoughts.....

Everyone is completely counting him out on this game. They are overlooking his abilities and his football mind, they are literally counting him out.

Can you imagine how he must feel right now? This is the great Peyton Manning, hes got to be fired up right now. Imagine what he's going to do coming out of the gate.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-31-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
      I was out shoveling snow yesterday, and the thought popped into my mind about how Manning most likely knows that this is his last game, at least his last shot at the Super Bowl, and is going to give it his all physically, mentally and every which way next Sunday. Sure he isn't what he used to be, but when a man knows that this is "do or die" and is a fighter and warrior like he is, well, sometimes that is more dangerous than a younger player, as he'll use all of his experience and intelligence to go out a winner.

I think Denver is going to surprise a LOT of people next week....

Just my thoughts.....
      Elway had to do the same thing. Next SB after a mean butt whoopin, came back and got 2 straight. Manning can't go out like that, as well as the other team members that got that spankin. Redemption time

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Everyone is completely counting him out on this game.
        And the whole team. I keep saying to people "we weren't supposed to beat Pittsburgh or New England but we're still here!"

Comment

Same thoughts I have had with Manning. He has absolutely no more excuses or worries. He was left for dead by most after the first half of the season he had. I have been very critical of his performance this year.

But he has been given a second chance that few ever get in sports. Now he just has to go out and prove he deserved it.

A PFM with everything to prove can be a dangerous player. I'm hoping for a fairy tale ending too.

Comment

The Panthers don't feel that way. How can you count someone out, who whipped the Pats? Good luck to the Broncos.
            Last edited by ncpantherfan; 01-31-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

If I were Peyton's friend, coach, father, mother or closest confidante, I would tell him to just go out there and have fun. Don't worry about anything, just play loose, don't make this game any bigger than it is, just play like it's a pick up football game. This most likely will be your last game so just relish it and have the game of your life. You don't need to carry the team on your back, you don't need to do this by yourself. Trust your team mates to make plays, trust your defense, trust yourself. Don't make throws you don't need to, don't over think anything.

Just have fun and let all the pressure go.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by ncpantherfan View Post
                The Panthers don't feel that way. How can you count someone out, who whipped the Pats. Good luck to the Broncos.
                I saw one of the Panthers players being interviewed the other day, don't know who he was, but he was all smiles and was talking about how he and a lot of the other guys on the team really idolized Manning growing up and how it will be an honor playing against him, and he was sincere about it too. I thought that was cool....

Comment

I think that it was Olsen who said that he always idolized Peyton and now he was going to play against him. Norman said that if he was lucky enough to intercept one of his passes, he would bow to him. All the Panthers are honored to play against him.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Same thoughts I have had with Manning. He has absolutely no more excuses or worries. He was left for dead by most after the first half of the season he had. I have been very critical of his performance this year.

But he has been given a second chance that few ever get in sports. Now he just has to go out and prove he deserved it.

A PFM with everything to prove can be a dangerous player. I'm hoping for a fairy tale ending too.
                    One good thing is the pressure to carry the team isnt there as much as it has been in the past so hopefully he finds that helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by ncpantherfan View Post
                      I think that it was Olsen who said that he always idolized Peyton and now he was going to play against him. Norman said that if he was lucky enough to intercept one of his passes, he would bow to him. All the Panthers are honored to play against him.
                      Classy team. I like Cam Newton as team leader, not so much the towel over the head thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                        Classy team. I like Cam Newton as team leader, not so much the towel over the head thing though.
                        Could of been Norman talking. Peyton was his dude....he has talked a lot about growing up in the Madden generation and that being his guy.

Norman like Von likely will be the most two entertaining guys this week.

Comment

I'd play the scene in Balboa...

"Rock, I gotta talk to you.
                          Look, I know you got a lot of stuff
                          you gotta get out of your system.
                          Tonight you do it. Right?
                          Get rid of the damn beast...
                          ...let it be done, once and for all.
                          Please, I love you."

Leave it all on that field Manning. There's no question this is your last big stage. Win or lose leave it on the field have no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Larvage View Post

Please, I love you."

Leave it all on that field Manning. There's no question this is your last big stage. Win or lose leave it on the field have no regrets.
                            I've got chills...Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Larvage View Post

Please, I love you."

The "stuff in the basement"!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X