Broncos fans not having hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos fans not having hope?

I don't know about you guys but I keep running into Broncos fans who don't think we are going to win this game..Yes, we are the underdog, but I think fans are who don't think we can pull this off are missing how important a positive psychological outlook is.

Believing we can win extends to our support for the team, which also can in turn affect how well the team performs. There are more than enough reasons to believe the Broncos can pull this off. Personally, i think our defense feeds off the underdog role and it motivates them to bring up their game. I was hoping they would *chirp* more like they did against New England. Have other people run into Broncos fans who are being negative?

The madden "simulator" has us losing 24-20

Comment

I'll tell you why we don't have any hope. Sadly the NFL has become a running quarterback dominated game. Yup we're old school and according to people born in 1990 we are old, boring, and lame. Yup to them Peyton is an old fart and we are supposed to not be there. I hate this swagger crap that has ruined the sport. Whatever happened to being class and not wearing leopard skin tight pants thinking you are superman??? Yup if we lose who knows if I'll ever watch another game.
      Denver Broncos and New York Mets. Pass me a drink.

Comment

I think a lot of people are just tempering their expectations. Last time around I was like most Panthers fans who are posting our boards. Cocky, arrogant and so sure we were going to win it. Superbowl 48 really broke me. I find myself cautiously optimistic. I know we have a chance to win, but we also have a chance to lose and I'm trying not to overly psych myself out so that I'm not as devastated if we should lose.

Our last superbowl really left me in shambles.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBroncosFan View Post
          I'll tell you why we don't have any hope. Sadly the NFL has become a running quarterback dominated game. Yup we're old school and according to people born in 1990 we are old, boring, and lame. Yup to them Peyton is an old fart and we are supposed to not be there. I hate this swagger crap that has ruined the sport. Whatever happened to being class and not wearing leopard skin tight pants thinking you are superman??? Yup if we lose who knows if I'll ever watch another game.
          Who cares what the hell he wears? What does that have to do with how he plays.

Look I don't like Cam, I think his arrogant, but he's a damn good QB and you can't take that away from him because he think's he's superman or wears disgustingly ugly pants. He deserves to be here every bit as much as Peyton does.
          sigpic

Comment

I think we can beat the Panthers. I think we can beat the Panthers. I think it's more likely that we will not beat the Panthers.

Sure, i'd slap down $10 on the Broncos to win, but if someone were to force me to bet a couple hundred, it'd go on Carolina. Carolina is the more complete team right now, and there's no debating that. It's just fact and common sense goes to the complete team, not the one dimensional.

As previously stated, though, I believe we CAN beat them.

Comment

I don't know what it is, but I feel better about this game than I did Super Bowl 48. Something about the character of this team in winning tight games against great teams, and it's ability to constantly to pull off the upset when everyone has them choking. The Super Bowl 48 team was not tried and tested like this team was. I would put money on Denver to win this game (if I were a betting man that is).

There are problems with the offense, but they've shown they can get it done when it counts..and Peyton seems to play his best this year when everyone has counted him out. I just think this underdog role really suites the character of this team and how they play. Not to mention the fact the coaching staff plays excellent situational football. This team reminds me a lot of the New England team when they won their first championship. Brady was more of a game manager back then and most of their wins came through grit, good coaching, and excellent situational football. Most of their wins were close games as well but they some how closed it out in the end with a field goal or touchdown.

Comment

I think some Broncos fans still have the residual "trauma" of SB 48. But this is a completely different team. Other Broncos fans are probably just discouraged because the majority of media does not see us winning. But I think this team, especially the defense, thrives being the underdog, so I welcome it.

The best thing I've read so far somewhere was to remember to "enjoy the ride". Savor that the Broncos are one of only two teams who are in the big game. So I'm going to leave all my worrying for the actual game lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBroncosFan View Post

Yanno, I don't hear many of us Broncos fans complaining about Von Miller's "swagger". I get it we're Broncos fans, but when it comes to something like that, I'd think a person wouldn't like it, regardless of who's doing it. Von does some pretty asinine things that should a player from another team do the same, everyone would be all over that. What about that Key and Peele dance? Is the Superman thing worse than that? Hmm....I'd argue not.

Yes, the Broncos can win this game. Definitely. But I don't think what we believe matters, or at least matters that could sway the outcome in a predictable direction. Some players say they get motivation for people not believing in them. Some likely get motivation from just the opposite. Hopefully none of us outsiders matter, and the coaching staff has the team focused on the game and their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    I think a lot of people are just tempering their expectations. Last time around I was like most Panthers fans who are posting our boards. Cocky, arrogant and so sure we were going to win it. Superbowl 48 really broke me. I find myself cautiously optimistic. I know we have a chance to win, but we also have a chance to lose and I'm trying not to overly psych myself out so that I'm not as devastated if we should lose.

Our last superbowl really left me in shambles.
                    Oh Man, I feel your pain. I have witnessed them all, and the Last one left a strong bitter aftertaste, that is still hard for me to swallow.
                    😐
                    I just, yesterday plucked up the courage and watched most of the half hour NFL Super Bowl show of 48.

I Did not finish watching it.

Comment

Obviously each one of us can only speak from our own experience, I remember in the Superbowl against Green Bay being scared to death because all I'd ever known was blow outs in the big game, I can see why some would be gun shy. All I can say is I think we can win which is more than most analyst are saying but those same guys gave us no chance vs Brady and company and went from saying how the Pats were unstoppable to how they had a horrible oline etc. Funny fact from bleacher report - "All in all, Carolina's pass blocking ranked just 21st by DVOA standards, according to Football Outsiders, allowing an adjusted sack rate of 6.8 percent. That's not exactly encouraging considering New England ranked 18th and had healthy starters against Denver"
                      Last edited by 58Miller; 02-01-2016, 11:56 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't think we were going to beat the Pats. But I believed we COULD, and CHEERED, and we DID and I was HAPPY. Cheering for us and being happy when we win is what makes us fans.

For this game, I believe we CAN win. I WANT us to win. I will CHEER for my team like no other come Superbowl Sunday. However...I do have to admit that we are the underdogs for good reason here. That reason specifically being that our offense hasn't looked good all season long. Not only will our defense have to hold up against a superior offense (like they did against the Pats) BUT, our offense is going to have to hold it's own against a better defense than most of the ones we've faced thus far.

I am walking into my Broncos basement to watch the game come Sunday with high hopes, but tethered expectations.
                        Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Comment

I am glad we are playing Carolina, now when we get that W maybe it will shut down those critics.

Comment

Its the media and their subliminal messaging ..

Comment

Who wins this game is going to come down to turnovers, plain and simple. If Denver is at -1 to + side on turnovers, I like their chances very much to win this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X