Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MollyBronco View Post
    You made a post without using the "M" word! You feeling OK Chrissy? ; ) = P
    There is also not a single lol in that post...
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
      The reason NE didn't run the ball against us is because Bill Belichick is smart and game plans for each opponent.
      NE doesn't run the ball. B/c they have no rush offense, a horrible OL and lost their top 2 RBs. They were the 30th ranked rush offense for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        I know.. spooky weird. =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Blknblu View Post
          Hope you don't think the Panthers are a a finesse type team. We're the most physical smash mouth team in the game. That number one scoring offense isn't because smoke and mirrors its cuz they out man there oppnent. Number 1 scoring offense and number 1 rushing attack its a rare mix that proves physical.
          Isnt that a compliment?

Comment

• Originally posted by fdtrain View Post
            Isnt that a compliment?
            Is Blknblueballicker really thinking his team is the most physically dominant team ever? Jesus these Panthers fans are a certain kind of stupid aren't they? I don't even go to their boards and talk trash! Nope I don't even bother visiting another fans board and talk smack.
            Denver Broncos and New York Mets. Pass me a drink.

Comment

• Tempo is the key - When a no-huddle/hurry-up attack operates at optimal speed, the defense is at the offense's mercy, and defensive coordinators are rendered helpless on the sideline. It creates more scoring opportunities and, by limiting the number of substitutions that can be made, forces defensive coordinators to abandon their exotic sub-packages. Opponents also tend to lean on more vanilla coverage and employ fewer blitzes, due to concerns about miscommunication and blown assignments. Revving up the pace allows offenses to control the game. Quickening the pace is obviously a sensible tactic for a team looking to jump-start their offensive production.

From a schematic standpoint, quick-rhythm passes and simple runs can speed things up and generate momentum. The idea is to help the quarterback string together a number of completions via a handful of high-percentage passes. Connecting on a series of bubble screens, quick outs and slants will help give a quarterback the confidence necessary to make pinpoint passes on intermediate and deep routes later in the game. Meshing a run and a pass play together gives a quarterback a variety of options, allowing him to use the same play call on consecutive downs.

Faster Tempo play at the fastest pace possible, getting the ball off within 10 to 15 seconds of it being spotted. Sequences are memorized by the offense during the week and executed without anyone having to look to the sideline for a call, allowing the players to simply line up and go simple runs and quick-rhythm passes. The goal is to build offensive momentum by stacking a number of positive plays in succession to put the defense in a bind. If the offense reels off multiple first downs utilizing this approach, the energy can overwhelm an opponent, especially one that is unable to adjust to the frenetic pace.

To run an effective up-tempo offense, the unit must generate first downs early in drives to establish the necessary rhythm and momentum. The cumulative effect of long drives is that opponents will be worn down in the later stages of a game.

Running an up-tempo offense can backfire if it results in a number of three-and-outs, but the possible benefits to operating quickly are numerous and worth pursuing. The tactic can help quarterback succeed as a playmaker from the pocket by grinding down opponents, limiting the number of substitutions they can make and forcing them to simplify their schemes. And, while many associate the no-huddle/hurry-up offense with the passing game, I think it can also boost a sagging ground attack, with the dizzying pace effectively creating running lanes for explosive ball-carriers in the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                These comments lol

sigpic

Comment

• I encourage anyone still worried about this game to go back and watch hi lights and if they have them, full games of both teams, particularly the AFC and NFC championship. Except this time around don't focus on the score. Focus on the speed of both teams. If you watch them side by side, you will see that the Panthers look very slow compared to us, especially on defense.
                  Look at the Panthers offense vs Arizona. On many of Cams passes there was not a single defender within 7 yards of the receiver. Count how many times the announcers use the term "wide open" on Carolina's drives. We don't play like that, we are very good at covering receivers.
                  The only reason Carolina looked so dominant in the playoffs was because both Seattle and Arizona turned the ball over early and often.
                  Everyone needs to relax. If we keep our heads and don't gift the Panthers with turnovers, we will win this easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    I put the lol to remind you not to take things so seriously..It must work cause why you are rolling your eyes at my lol I slip my points in..How bout that Peyton..he's awesome isn't he..lol

Comment

Working...
                    X