Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If no Brock or Manning next year, then who?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If no Brock or Manning next year, then who?

    Heard a lot of talk on the radio coming in to work today about the very real possibility the Broncos lose Brock. The hosts were speculating some team might throw maybe $16M or more a year at him. Personally, I don't think he's worth that...his side-arm throwing motion has been problematic from time to time, he's not that fast of a scrambling QB, he's already been injured (suspect about tall QB's being stout...just a subjective opinion), and he is still pretty green reading a D, so not sure how that'll pan out. He's good (definitely a starter somewhere), but not that great, IMHO.

    So, assuming this is Manning's last game with the Broncos, and speculating that the demand in the market drive's Brock's price well beyond what the team deems him worth, who do you see on the horizon at QB? I haven't really looked into much more than who the FA's will be at that position next season (nobody rocks my world there), and I don't know how deep that QB class is. So, all I know is Siemian, who actually looked meh in the last pre-season game.

    You guys/gals see anyone worth a darn that the Broncos could actually get their hooks into? And, no Tebow or bring-back-Neckbeard talk...lol. I'm talking real possibilities. :-)
    Last edited by TheManningMelon; 02-02-2016, 11:04 AM.

  • #2
    I agree there are not many viable solutions if both leave. Assuming Elway is not signing any of the top FA QBs if he is not interested in spending on Osweiler. They are all in the same price range with just as many questions.

    I would prefer a rookie project then a retread of the likes of Shaub, Yates or Keenum, etc.

    Use the 1st to draft whichever they like the best of Lynch, Cook, Hackenburg, Prescott, etc.

    Maybe take a chance on Hogan in a later round. I mention because I like his potential. Not the best talent but a consistent winner in tough games. Competition would be interesting.

    Siemien either returns or possibly add a vet for mentoring on the practice field and film rooms.

    Comment


    • #3
      Right after Von. Oz is our most important to resign. We Need Him. He is our future. After him getting us 1st place in the afc I'm suprised this many people don't care if we lose him. The money doesn't matter. He is our future franchise qb. His ceiling is way higher than cutler imo.

      Comment


      • #4
        Johnny Manziel?












        Calm down, I'm just kidding! NO WAY would he pan out....

        Isn't Brock Elway's boy though, didn't he advise Denver to draft him after seeing him play against his son in college?

        Comment


        • #5
          Just viewed some of the prospects for next year. All I know is the little that's written, and that's not near enough (need to watch them play). But, on paper that Cook kid might be ok. Jones reads like he might have something. Looks like I have a bit of research to do, but everyone feel free to add what you know!

          Kinda getting tired of the pre-SB talk...I just wanna watch the darn game!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
            Johnny Manziel?












            Calm down, I'm just kidding! NO WAY would he pan out....

            Isn't Brock Elway's boy though, didn't he advise Denver to draft him after seeing him play against his son in college?
            I'm pretty sure Brock is here to stay
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Montoya View Post
              Right after Von. Oz is our most important to resign. We Need Him. He is our future. After him getting us 1st place in the afc I'm suprised this many people don't care if we lose him. The money doesn't matter. He is our future franchise qb. His ceiling is way higher than cutler imo.
              Huh? He contributed to our #1 seed but actually had us losing it before Manning stepped in for a comeback win against San Diego. Brock will sign elsewhere next season.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                Heard a lot of talk on the radio coming in to work today about the very real possibility the Broncos lose Brock. The hosts were speculating some team might throw maybe $16M or more a year at him. Personally, I don't think he's worth that...his side-arm throwing motion has been problematic from time to time, he's not that fast of a scrambling QB, he's already been injured (suspect about tall QB's being stout...just a subjective opinion), and he is still pretty green reading a D, so not sure how that'll pan out. He's good (definitely a starter somewhere), but not that great, IMHO.

                So, assuming this is Manning's last game with the Broncos, and speculating that the demand in the market drive's Brock's price well beyond what the team deems him worth, who do you see on the horizon at QB? I haven't really looked into much more than who the FA's will be at that position next season (nobody rocks my world there), and I don't know how deep that QB class is. So, all I know is Siemian, who actually looked meh in the last pre-season game.

                You guys/gals see anyone worth a darn that the Broncos could actually get their hooks into? And, no Tebow or bring-back-Neckbeard talk...lol. I'm talking real possibilities. :-)
                Imo Os is headed to Cleveland. I have said all along that he would do better in a Peyton offense . and considering they just axed Johnny Football and Peyton is very close with the Haslems.. the Gov here in Tn and the owner , they are UT alumi ..I have watched the closeness with Peyton / Os this year and it seems to be getting tighter and I believe that Peyton will put in a good word for Os on any team that wants to give the kid a shot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                  Huh? He contributed to our #1 seed but actually had us losing it before Manning stepped in for a comeback win against San Diego. Brock will sign elsewhere next season.
                  He's not going anywhere. This is his actual first year starting some games and Kubes system fits his play. What do you expect a first year starter to do. He had his moments as well as some ill advised decisions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                    He's not going anywhere. This is his actual first year starting some games and Kubes system fits his play. What do you expect a first year starter to do. He had his moments as well as some ill advised decisions.
                    Problem is Os cant read the defenses and Kubiaks offense requires it , Imo Ii see them going after Kaep..Chip Kelly is not locked into him and I don't think V.Davis come that easy meaning there may have been more to the deal then was said...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Who would leave Denver for Cleveland? Denver will still have a Top 5 Defense and money to resigned their top FAs. If its money he's looking for, good luck in Cleveland. With a year under his belt in this system and the weapons at his disposal, why would he leave? He'll get a nice and reasonable contract and a team that can stay on top plus close to home in Montana. He can be better than Flacco in that same system plus working with Kubes and Elway? Best situation for him is right here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
                        Johnny Manziel?












                        Calm down, I'm just kidding! NO WAY would he pan out....

                        Isn't Brock Elway's boy though, didn't he advise Denver to draft him after seeing him play against his son in college?
                        LMAO...Manziel. What a train wreck that clown is. Good ol' Johnny Football. Yeah, I guess Elway's kid pimped Oz, right? I guess we'll see how strong those family ties are, if Oz's value skyrockets. I'm wondering whether his injury will devalue his worth?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          Huh? He contributed to our #1 seed but actually had us losing it before Manning stepped in for a comeback win against San Diego. Brock will sign elsewhere next season.
                          Yet if we didn't win the other games that he helped us win, we wouldn't have the #1 seed...Give me a break man.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                            Problem is Os cant read the defenses and Kubiaks offense requires it , Imo Ii see them going after Kaep..Chip Kelly is not locked into him and I don't think V.Davis come that easy meaning there may have been more to the deal then was said...
                            You keep chirping this as fact. Where's your proof? And what's rich is you knock Os's ability to read defenses and then mention Colin....
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                              Heard a lot of talk on the radio coming in to work today about the very real possibility the Broncos lose Brock. The hosts were speculating some team might throw maybe $16M or more a year at him. Personally, I don't think he's worth that...his side-arm throwing motion has been problematic from time to time, he's not that fast of a scrambling QB, he's already been injured (suspect about tall QB's being stout...just a subjective opinion), and he is still pretty green reading a D, so not sure how that'll pan out. He's good (definitely a starter somewhere), but not that great, IMHO.

                              So, assuming this is Manning's last game with the Broncos, and speculating that the demand in the market drive's Brock's price well beyond what the team deems him worth, who do you see on the horizon at QB? I haven't really looked into much more than who the FA's will be at that position next season (nobody rocks my world there), and I don't know how deep that QB class is. So, all I know is Siemian, who actually looked meh in the last pre-season game.

                              You guys/gals see anyone worth a darn that the Broncos could actually get their hooks into? And, no Tebow or bring-back-Neckbeard talk...lol. I'm talking real possibilities. :-)
                              If Manning retires and Osweiler signs elsewhere, particularly with Philadelphia, then I believe Sam Bradford will be an option for the Broncos. Bradford is a nice fit for the offense Kubiak likes to run. Bradford ran a similar scheme when Pat Shurmur was his offensive coordinator with the St. Louis Rams and in Week 17 of the 2015 season when Shurmur filled in as the interim head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. Elway will certainly have to convince Bradford and his agent to tamp down how much Bradford thinks he should be paid.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X