Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If no Brock or Manning next year, then who?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    Meh. Lotta attitude problems. Haven't heard too much this year, maybe he just needs a fresh start. Definitely a red flag when a player straight refuses to play his coaches system. Also, competition would be Os, RG3, Siemian. Dysert I believe is on the Texans PS.
    I wouldn't mind seeing RGIII given a chance, come to think of it, but only if the Washington thing humbled him. I don't follow him closely, but hasn't he had several injuries that've taken him off the field? That would be my other concern with a running QB like him. I did read Michael Vick is out on the market...lol.

    Comment


    • Me!

      Ladies and well, you others, the oldest man to start an NFL game at QB, give it up for, Ron!

      Rahhhhhhhh - And the crowd goes wild!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by False Start View Post
        Me!

        Ladies and well, you others, the oldest man to start an NFL game at QB, give it up for, Ron!

        Rahhhhhhhh - And the crowd goes wild!

        George Blanda was the oldest qb to start a game in the NFL.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
          I wouldn't mind seeing RGIII given a chance, come to think of it, but only if the Washington thing humbled him. I don't follow him closely, but hasn't he had several injuries that've taken him off the field? That would be my other concern with a running QB like him. I did read Michael Vick is out on the market...lol.
          It may or may not have. I honestly haven't followed the situation that closely. Like I said, I haven't heard anything negative about his attitude this year, but I've heard nothing positive either. Personally I saw a huge difference in his mobility after the knee injury his rookie year. I think someone will give him a shot, and honestly I think he is talented enough that it's entirely up to him if he wants to revive his career or not. He has to put the time and effort in.
          Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

          Comment


          • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            I will beat money that Manning is going to eretire, but will be cut. and Brock isnt coming back. Why would he? Some other team is going to offer him a huge contract. Kid is going to get at least 16 mil per season. He holds all the leverage now. Elway only has one card left in the deck. ANd that is the franchise tag....Which I hate to say it. I think could very well be used on Oz. Miller is good, but we have a lot more depth at LB, and he likes to take off most of the second half of the season, and rarely shows up come playoffs (Patriot game was only example I remember of good Vonn in the playoffs). At the end of the day if you wanna win in the NFL you need a QB.

            Now if both walk....I dont see a vet out there worth going after. I think we will pick up an aging vet and take a chance early in the draft. My dark horse is Manziel. I think he is still a lot of unknown potential. If he can get his head on straight, he might reach it, and right now I think that we get him a lot cheaper than RG3, or capernick
            Dude you drunk!!???
            If BO does leave, Siemian will be our starter with a vet backup, you can book it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JayJack View Post
              Trevor Siemian
              This is the ONLYlogical answer im0!

              And I really like this kid.

              Comment


              • Great news guys, just read that the Rams said, if Manning wanted to play next year, they would be interested.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                  It may or may not have. I honestly haven't followed the situation that closely. Like I said, I haven't heard anything negative about his attitude this year, but I've heard nothing positive either. Personally I saw a huge difference in his mobility after the knee injury his rookie year. I think someone will give him a shot, and honestly I think he is talented enough that it's entirely up to him if he wants to revive his career or not. He has to put the time and effort in.
                  I'm suspect QB's who rely on running like he does won't play at their optimum long because they'll often be hurt. Cam seems more stout, so he might be the exception to my "rule".

                  I like that somebody suggested Johnny "I'm a spoiled ******" Football. That was hilarious!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                    This is the ONLYlogical answer im0!

                    And I really like this kid.
                    If Elway goes into the season with a 7th round pick who's been in the NFL for 1 year and only played mop up duty in preseason games (in a mediocre way at that) as his starting QB, well then he's failed to do his job and should be fired. No offense to Seimian, but he's shown absolutely ZERO so far to say that he's ready to be a starting NFL QB, or that he'll ever get to that point. Right now he's Jarius Jackson.

                    Comment


                    • No, he's on the bench, so by default he's better than anything on the field. /s

                      Are you new to the football fan-base? LOL...

                      Comment


                      • No to Manziel. One would like to believe Elway could sit him down and talk sense into him, but it doesn't work that way. The issues were there long before the NFL and getting worse. Even if his head were straight he hasn't shown a lot to begin with.

                        RG3 - injury prone and did not dedicate the time to study. He was also arrogant which led to not studying enough. Some say he's been humbled by seeing Cousins take his job. He could be a value but only to compete with another FA.

                        Gabbert - value. Played 8 games in SF with the 29th ranked O line and not a lot of talent at skilled positions. 63% comp, 7.2 yds per pass, 10 TDs and 7 INTs. Sacked 25 time but remember he was playing behind a terrible line. We will improve to O line.

                        Keenum or Yates - both can throw and seem athletic enough to run Kubiak's offense.

                        Kaepernick - no way he wants to pull the ball down and run if first read isn't wide open.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                          No to Manziel. One would like to believe Elway could sit him down and talk sense into him, but it doesn't work that way. The issues were there long before the NFL and getting worse. Even if his head were straight he hasn't shown a lot to begin with.
                          yeah when Johnny Football was going crazy when he was at A&M it was apparent the kid had some deep seated issues that were going to only get worse in the professional scene.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

                          Comment


                          • Id be willing to bet that Brock isn't going anywhere, imo, they would let Von go before Brock but thats just me.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              yeah when Johnny Football was going crazy when he was at A&M it was apparent the kid had some deep seated issues that were going to only get worse in the professional scene.
                              It is sad. The guy is gifted and throwing it away. If he washes out of the league someday he'll look back and know he should have grown up.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X