X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam: If both teams play their best, we will win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...st-we-will-win

Didn't see it posted yet.

I just want to keep him on his but all day and feed him a big bite of humility. He sounds like he has earned it to me. I want to destroy him and their offense so baaaaad. Lets kick some kitty but and show ol superman wanta be that he aint even mighty mouse.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Yeah, that took the award for most annoying comment of media night for me.
    sigpic

Comment

Well said, saw that quote last night and it got me kinda fired up. Manning sings Cam and the Panthers praise, and all Cam said is basically the only way we win is if they play like crap. ....he's got a long way to go in the "having class" department. Didn't listen to his whole interview, could have thrown us some respect, but this kinda stood out.
      Last edited by rkymntskier; 02-02-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
        Well said, saw that quote last night and it got me kinda fired up. Manning sings Cam and the Panthers praise, and all Cam said is basically the only way we win is if they play like crap. ....he's got a long way to go in the "having class" department. Didn't listen to his whole interview, could have thrown us some respect, but this kinda stood out.
        Cam did also praise Peyton. I think he said something like there is nobody else like him in the NFL, and there will probably never be.

But, his other comment still did annoy me. lol
        sigpic

Comment

It's just the cats hedging their bets. If they win, they said so from jump. But if they lose its because they played like crap and they would beat us 9 out of 10 times. But the history book only reads 1 winner and 1 loser from the 2015 seasons super bowl. We shall all see very soon

Comment

Cam is correct. They have more complete team, so it goes without saying that if both teams play their best ball, the Panthers win.

Here's the thing though: It is impossible to have both teams play their best ball. When offense is at its best it gets first downs and points. When a defense is at its best it stops first downs and points.

So the real question is who will impose their will. And that is our goal. As Louis Vasquez said "we want their souls to wilt in our hands."

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
              Cam did also praise Peyton. I think he said something like there is nobody else like him in the NFL, and there will probably never be.

But, his other comment still did annoy me. lol
              Fair enough, I just prefer it when players let their play on the field do their smack talking, one thing I've always respected Manning for. If they were unbeaten defending sb champs and Cam already had 4 rings, it'd be different, they haven't won anything at this point that we haven't.

Comment

Man, can't wait till Von does his sack dance ending with a big ole DAB IN HIS FACE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                  Man, can't wait till Von does his sack dance ending with a big ole DAB IN HIS FACE!!!!
                  Oh, you know that's comin. It'll be known as the dab heard round the world!

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
                      Oh, you know that's comin. It'll be known as the dab heard round the world!
                      What's the over and under on the Key and Peele dance routine? Is three pumps allowed in the Super Bowl?
                      sigpic

Comment

If our team plays "its best" the defense will give Cam a headache and the offense will look like it did against GB. In particular, the run game will be averaging ~4 or more ypc. Carolina will not win.

The fact is, in win or defeat, the games this year have been shackled to Denver's tempo and Denver's mistakes. Most mistakes have been self-inflicted...lots of drops and ill-timed penalties.

Some exceptions were Andrew Luck toughing it out so much that he essentially ended his season in order to make a few throws/runs that would beat us (but then Talib's eye poke costing us a winning drive opportunity), and Antonio Brown getting the best of Chris Harris. The second KC game was a severely injured Manning that could not make throws he can now. He should not have played, as Kubiak noted. The other game vs. Oakland (and Pittsburgh) featured a QB who is not playing in this game.

In my view, we have more losses than the times we have been legitimately outplayed this year, and the reasons for being outplayed do not necessarily translate over to a new game.
                        Last edited by cmc0605; 02-02-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Boy it sure doesn't take much to get under people's skin around here.

I have absolutely no problem with Cam having confidence in his team and believing that if they play their best they will win. But how dare he have confidence in his team right? Even though 2-3 years ago people were griping about Cam because his demeanor on the sideline was low confidence and not a leader. Fast forward two years and he is confident and ya'll still want to complain about him. Some of ya'll are going to hate just because you want to hate.

I believe that if our defense plays our utmost best that we can absolutely frustrate him all game and win.

But when everyone and their mom thinks Carolina is a better team that should win if they play well, then why is it so wrong for Cam to come out and say it? Not everyone has to be like Peyton Manning or else they are cocky arrogant people.

I guarantee you every single player on our team believes that if we play our best we will win. As they should believe.

Why is it so wrong that he said it out loud?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            Boy it sure doesn't take much to get under people's skin around here.

I have absolutely no problem with Cam having confidence in his team and believing that if they play their best they will win. But how dare he have confidence in his team right? Even though 2-3 years ago people were griping about Cam because his demeanor on the sideline was low confidence and not a leader. Fast forward two years and he is confident and ya'll still want to complain about him. Some of ya'll are going to hate just because you want to hate.

I believe that if our defense plays our utmost best that we can absolutely frustrate him all game and win.

But when everyone and their mom thinks Carolina is a better team that should win if they play well, then why is it so wrong for Cam to come out and say it? Not everyone has to be like Peyton Manning or else they are cocky arrogant people.

I guarantee you every single player on our team believes that if we play our best we will win. As they should believe.

Why is it so wrong that he said it out loud?
                            Nothing wrong with what he said, but nothing wrong about saying it annoyed us either. Can't blame us.

I never really like Cam, even 2-3 years ago, because he was trash talking our defense before our game against them. This is before he could "walk the walk". (And I don't mean trash talk on the field a la Philip Rivers, he was doing it on his social media IIRC). That's why Von made it a point to do the "superman" when he sacked him.

On the other side of that, we laugh at Von's silly little dances but I'm sure they annoy the heck out of many non-Bronco fans. Can't blame them.
                            Last edited by sheenabobeena; 02-02-2016, 01:15 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

His boastful comments may come back to haunt him. I imagine that if I were a player I would be less inclined to offer him a congratulatory handshake should 'he' win.

Comment

Working...
                              X