R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-e-s-p-e-c-t

First of all, congratulations to the Panthers on a great season. Now, the important question. Is this Broncos defense the best defense of all time and why is it? They couldn't beat the Packers, couldn't beat the Patriots, couldn't beat the Steelers, couldn't beat the Patriots with all of their weapons, were going to get run out of Santa Clara by the Panthers. Spectacular performance by this defense all year, and tonight makes me think back to Heath Evans saying they might be "fool's gold". They're the real thing baby. Great game by both defenses, but I'm hoping there won't be more excuses about why they won or people talking them down.

Originally posted by Finn View Post
    First of all, congratulations to the Panthers on a great season. Now, the important question. Is this Broncos defense the best defense of all time and why is it? They couldn't beat the Packers, couldn't beat the Patriots, couldn't beat the Steelers, couldn't beat the Patriots with all of their weapons, were going to get run out of Santa Clara by the Panthers. Spectacular performance by this defense all year, and tonight makes me think back to Heath Evans saying they might be "fool's gold". They're the real thing baby. Great game by both defenses, but I'm hoping there won't be more excuses about why they won or people talking them down.

Gotta think they are certainly in the discussion with the 85 bears and the Steel curtain of the 70's aswell as the purple people eaters of Minnesota of the early 70's aswell as our own Orange crush of 78.Considering we played the best offense in the NFL and the biased rules these days that try to favor Offense I truly think this is the best Defense ever.

Comment

In ESPN's post-SB "too early" 2016 Power Rankings, Broncos are #5, Carolina #1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...power-rankings

WHAT is it going to take to be respected? What more can be done aside from beating EVERYBODY in front us all the way to the Lombardi!?!? Jeeeezuz!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

WHAT is it going to take to be respected? What more can be done aside from beating EVERYBODY in front us all the way to the Lombardi!?!? Jeeeezuz!
        That is funny stuff!
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

They truly played inspired football. Never seen anything like it ever. The 85 Bears had Walter Payton. The steel curtain had a solid offense. This game was won solely from defense and special teams and an offense doing barely enough. AMAZING

Comment

We gotta get that bulletin board started early. I love it. Disrespect us at your peril, rest of the NFL.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone23 View Post
              They truly played inspired football. Never seen anything like it ever. The 85 Bears had Walter Payton. The steel curtain had a solid offense. This game was won solely from defense and special teams and an offense doing barely enough. AMAZING
              It's funny you say this. My Dad has been watching football since he rooted for Roger Staubach as a boy. He just told me tonight after the game, "This is the best defensive performance that I've ever seen."
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

The funny thing is I saw that post before this game was over and they were writing it thinking Carolina was winning the Super Bowl.

Comment

Honestly in the post 2004 passing rules change only the Seahawks from 13 are the only d I've seen this freekin dominant

Comment

Steve Young said this defense gave a "dominant performance for the ages"! :thumb:

Berman, Young and Jackson were incredulous about our low offensive numbers and that this defense was so "suffocating" it literally carried the team to victory!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
                      Honestly in the post 2004 passing rules change only the Seahawks from 13 are the only d I've seen this freekin dominant
                      the Orange Rush and Legion of Boom's superbowl performances are the best ive ever seen

Comment

This is the greatest Bronco D performance I've ever seen. From Von & Ware up front, to Trevathan stuffing the run, to Talib/Stewart/TJ/Harris shutting down the pass routes...these guys played as an unstoppable unit and just blew me away. Been watching every SB since '68 and the only other D's performances that I can compare this to was the way the Steel Curtain completely smothered Tarkenton and the Vikings back in '74 or what the Legion of Boom did to us a couple years ago.

Orange Crush...Kryptonite Kids...whatever you call us, we were absolutely incredible tonight
                        "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                        PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                        LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

I'm guessing that the Broncos will continue to feed off of stuff like those stupid power rankings.

Comment

Panther fan here.
                            First off I want to congratulate the Broncos on a superb game and defensive showing. I came here looking to see if all of those other Panthers fans were going to come back and eat some crow for trolling this forum over the past two weeks. I never got involved with any of those discussions but I did once ask them to stop doing it. I find that kind of behavior embarrassing as it doesn't reflect the nature and attitude of most of our fans.
                            As for the power rankings, I noticed that and said it already to my co-wrorker. "They're disrespecting Denver AGAIN by putting them at number five." The Broncos defense just dominated the best offense of 2015. Should that not mean that the Broncos move to the #1 spot and my Panthers drop to #2? Jeez I was hoping that all the bandwagoneers would go home and forget about us for awhile. Bandwagoneers make me nervous. Panthers fans, just like Broncos fans prefer the underdog role.

So again, congrats Denver to surely fielding the absolute best D in all of football. I never watched the '85 Bears play but that's who came to mind after watching Denver kick our butts last night.

Comment

Originally posted by SR20DEN View Post
                              Panther fan here.
                              First off I want to congratulate the Broncos on a superb game and defensive showing. I came here looking to see if all of those other Panthers fans were going to come back and eat some crow for trolling this forum over the past two weeks. I never got involved with any of those discussions but I did once ask them to stop doing it. I find that kind of behavior embarrassing as it doesn't reflect the nature and attitude of most of our fans.
                              As for the power rankings, I noticed that and said it already to my co-wrorker. "They're disrespecting Denver AGAIN by putting them at number five." The Broncos defense just dominated the best offense of 2015. Should that not mean that the Broncos move to the #1 spot and my Panthers drop to #2? Jeez I was hoping that all the bandwagoneers would go home and forget about us for awhile. Bandwagoneers make me nervous. Panthers fans, just like Broncos fans prefer the underdog role.

So again, congrats Denver to surely fielding the absolute best D in all of football. I never watched the '85 Bears play but that's who came to mind after watching Denver kick our butts last night.
                              If it makes you feel any better, Panthers fans are much better than Steelers or Patriots fans (both on this board and generally). You had a few annoying posters, but mostly just folks trying to support their team.

Comment

Working...
                              X