X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOP PLAYS of SUPERBOWL 50

This is undeniably #1:

credits: Von Miller, Malik Jackson
    honorable mention: DeMarcus Ware insurance policy who would have gotten it if Malik didn't

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I could watch that sack fumble by Von that led to our TD all day. It was incredible he knew Cam didnt see him so he had no intentions to deliver a big hit, he wanted that football at all costs to try and create a safety or TD and he did just that for the better result (Touchdown). Great, great play. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I agree

Going into this game I knew Cam was a immature Qb prone to get negative when adversity stuck him. People forgot that because he has not dealt with much adversity this year.

Was telling people at work all week the recipe to get Cam rattled.

Dunno if anyone saw Wade's tweet about too much dab but I think he knew this too.

This play was bigger than I think a lot of people realize.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Carolina started this drive at their 20, had a big completion for 42 yds followed by a couple of short gains for another first down. They seemed to be getting into a rhythm and poised to score from our 28 when the pressure caused a bad pass picked off by Ward:

Definitely loses style points as INT's go but the net result in the end was a turnover that broke their momentum again and prevented what seemed to be a sure-fire score on that drive! Credit the awareness and speed of "Danny-on-the-spot" Trevathan as he swooped in to recover Ward's fumble amidst two Panthers no less!

This is NOT an average linebacker who's easily replaced by some noob draftee! He pretty well established himself here by ending our shootout @ Dallas a couple years ago with this incredibly athletic INT of Romo:

Comment

Broncos up six with four minutes to go, Miller forces a fumble recovered by Ward!

Comment

^This crucial turnover set up the offense on the Carolina 9 yd line close enough for Anderson to punch it in:

followed by a successful 2-point conversion:

giving us a 14-point lead which for all intents and purposes put the game out of Carolina's reach given that they had only three minutes left to try and tie the game against our MONSTROUS defense!

Comment

It was nice Peyton got to finish with a completion in the end zone.

Comment

Earlier on Sunday, I had posted a gif of Holliday bringing one to the house in 2012 and added it to my SB wishlist:

Then Norwood did this:

This was so close to repeating down to the direction of the run and even the #11 on the jersey that I had to rub my eyes - I thought I was hallucinating!

This 61 yd punt return is credited as the longest punt return in Superbowl history, and it did set up a score and preserve some momentum.

This is just one of a number of parallels to our previous meeting with the Panthers in 2012, another game in which the Broncos defense destroyed Carolina. We had seven sacks on Cam then vs. six in the SB, and Miller caused a pick six by tripping Cam on a pass, just as he made a colossal difference again winning the SB MVP!

Comment

Every defensive play in the final four Panthers drives was PERFECTION!

Three 3&Outs and a fumble. Our defensive fourth quarter was the crowning achievement of the year.

Comment

The pressure on Cam was relentless who was hit 13 times and sacked 5. Here Miller and Wolfe combine on one:

Ware got two sacks, one in the 1st quarter:

Last edited by L.M.; 02-11-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

And a Ware sack in the 4th quarter ( followed by hit by Wolfe in successive play) shot from the stands:

This captures the feel at the game perfectly -a priceless clip! All those dejected Panther fans in front of the camera -haha!
                      Last edited by L.M.; 02-13-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Delicious!

Comment

Yeah. Of course the strip sack and fumble recovery was it. But, I thought there was several great plays, like the 2nd effort TD by Anderson, and 2 point conversion that put the game away.

And I also thought there were several really puzzling plays, like Carolina punting at the end of the game when they were down 2 TDs and there was like 1:57 on the Clock.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                            Yeah. Of course the strip sack and fumble recovery was it. But, I thought there was several great plays, like the 2nd effort TD by Anderson, and 2 point conversion that put the game away.
                            Great play with help from Vasquez (also in post #6 above at a different view):

That was set up by the defense forcing this T.O. (at yet another view here):

And I also thought there were several really puzzling plays, like Carolina punting at the end of the game when they were down 2 TDs and there was like 1:57 on the Clock.
                            Either the coach is a moron or they gave up?
                            Last edited by L.M.; 02-13-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

LINK: After Further Review: How Denver's defense swallowed up Cam Newton

Miller the cornerback:

Comment

Working...
                              X