No announcement yet.

2016 Salary Cap roster and hypothetical signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cap savings for cutting Vaz would be about 4 mil.

iirc Franklin makes more the Vaz and is not as good.

Yea Vaz had issues when our tackles had issues but when he was just playing guard healthy he was an All Pro.

As long as the coaching staffs thinks he can run block in this system we will not find a better guard for 4m or less.

We have enough issues at OL...we do not need to create another one.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
      If you look at the link, trading DT would give us $2.4 million cap savings. We only have $9million or so on him from signing bonuses...we do not assume his $13million dollar 2016 salary if we trade him.

Guys I put a link for this so we can have a reference. We need to be educated properly so that when our front office does make moves we are not all up in arms. There are tough decisions to be made that are not going to please us all.
      I know I am missing many factors, but will try and update this with your added contributions.
      I don't need to be anything. I fully trust Elway to be educated in how to handle the business side.

And I won't be up in arms about anything. Again I trust Elway knows what he is doing
      sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I think one team is going to plunder the Broncos defense more than any other team, and it's Da Bears.. I read an article yesterday that basically stated that Danny Trevathan is already ready to talk to them, as are a few others who played under John Fox. As Fox used to say, "it is what it is". Personally, I think Demarcus Ware should somehow, some way be brought back. If Osweiler wants a King's Ransom, let him walk and bring in Fitzpatrick if he would come here for less money than Osweiler. I'd like Osweiler to stay, but.. I sure want the Broncos to keep Von Miller. However, they can't put the team behind the 8 ball for 10 years just to accomplish that. I say that because who knows what Jerry Jones is capable of.

Comment

If you look at the link, trading DT would give us $2.4 million cap savings. We only have $9million or so on him from signing bonuses...we do not assume his $13million dollar 2016 salary if we trade him.

Guys I put a link for this so we can have a reference. We need to be educated properly so that when our front office does make moves we are not all up in arms. There are tough decisions to be made that are not going to please us all.
          I know I am missing many factors, but will try and update this with your added contributions.

Here's the deal, we're not trading DT...I doubt you find a team that wants him at this point much less would be willing to assume that contract. He's going to have to come out in 2016 and prove himself. If he doesn't do that we can talk about cutting/trading him then. It won't happen in 2016.
          sigpic

Comment

If you just look at LBs we only have one priority and that's Von. ALL of the rest are expendable. We can't spend the money on the D line, the secondary AND on 2 or 3 LBs - at least not while maintaining a reasonable team. Nope, the way to go is to tag Von, go for LBs in the draft and free agency, and live with the secondary investment. That's the bed we made and, frankly, it's worked very well. Good D line with a great secondary and one great pass rusher and we are a dominant defense. All the rest of the pieces are expendable.

Comment

We have the best salary cap management in the league. If we can get the guys back at a number we are comfortable with then good. But I can guarantee Malik won't be back. I already know Oakland is gonna throw a ridiculous amount of money at him.
              sigpic

Comment

Rather than being in the dark, I decided to look into our 2016 cap and see what the realistic possibility of signing our free agents are based on hypotheticals.
                A. Trading DT (stand corrected, would save us 2.4M
                B. Rookie Pool is projected to be 6.5M, not 2M (per overthecap)
                C. Due to Manning bonuses, our starting cap will be 6.9M, not 11M (need to subtract the 4M)
                D. We need at least 7M in emergency cap

Just letting you know a few things to adjust your off season plan...love most of the thoughts too.

3M is what I would offer Clady /w no guarantee he is the starter or won't be cut in a competition, add 2M roster bonus if he makes the team.

Ware may restructure to save us more.

If you adjust your cap room to be a little more accurate, we most likely will need to choose between MJ and Brock. Agree with most of your estimated AAV for the guys.
                Last edited by MHSalute; 02-10-2016, 04:51 PM.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                  Can you tell me anyone who wants a #3 highest paid WR that can't catch? can't get open? 6'3 and can be cover by 5'10 Corners? if so, lets trade him away
                  Last edited by Chronoless; 02-10-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                    Can you tell me anyone who wants a #3 highest paid WR that can't catch? can't get open? 6'3 and can be cover by 5'10 Corners? if so, lets trade him away
                    Browns 10 Char

Keep in mind with us absorbing 12M, his price would be lower for the team acquiring him. Something like 13M, 8.5M, 8.5M..and if they wanted him year 4, 14M. So on a 3 yr 30M deal...I could see interest for him.
                    Last edited by MHSalute; 02-10-2016, 05:18 PM.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

First off DT is not to be traded, this guy needs someone with ZIP on the ball. He and OZ will be very good next year. As for OZ, you sign him if you think he can lead the team ( 5 wins , 3 loss.) the KC game was out of hand when Peyton was removed. Beat up N.E. as he had a 72.5 % completion rate. I expect his rate next year in the 80 % .

Now Elway and company know more than I do if he is for real.

Vernon Davis is gone, Daniels will take a pay cut and mentor our Rookie " Heuerman" part of Kub's plan.

Sonbrailo will return and a 2 round pick for a O'line guy looks real.

Clady ? don't know if he is a fix.

Now for the defense:

Malik Jackson has already put out the message that he has a family, looking for a big payday. If Oakland is interested, trade him get a high draft pick. Then as the draft has some great D'line men grab someone like the guy from UCLA. or an impact player.

Ware, does he want to repeat ? Money isn't the issue ( last year Peyton took a pay cut )

Von, big $$ or can we franchise tag him as we work on a long term deal ?

The rest of the defensive guys, well how does a repeat sound? Do you want to be part of it ? What a sell technique.
                      WOLF took a home team discount, wants to stay and play here. This is the mentality that should be in the entire locker room. Whomever wants $$$ and this is what they are about. Cut ties, we do have some depth here.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz View Post
                        First off DT is not to be traded, this guy needs someone with ZIP on the ball. He and OZ will be very good next year. As for OZ, you sign him if you think he can lead the team ( 5 wins , 3 loss.) the KC game was out of hand when Peyton was removed. Beat up N.E. as he had a 72.5 % completion rate. I expect his rate next year in the 80 % .

Now Elway and company know more than I do if he is for real.

Vernon Davis is gone, Daniels will take a pay cut and mentor our Rookie " Heuerman" part of Kub's plan.

Sonbrailo will return and a 2 round pick for a O'line guy looks real.

Clady ? don't know if he is a fix.

Now for the defense:

Malik Jackson has already put out the message that he has a family, looking for a big payday. If Oakland is interested, trade him get a high draft pick. Then as the draft has some great D'line men grab someone like the guy from UCLA. or an impact player.

Ware, does he want to repeat ? Money isn't the issue ( last year Peyton took a pay cut )

Von, big $$ or can we franchise tag him as we work on a long term deal ?

The rest of the defensive guys, well how does a repeat sound? Do you want to be part of it ? What a sell technique.
                        WOLF took a home team discount, wants to stay and play here. This is the mentality that should be in the entire locker room. Whomever wants $$$ and this is what they are about. Cut ties, we do have some depth here.

as for the 1st bolded part, you can't trade a free agent LOL
                        as for the rest of the bolded parts, I find it very funny you think guys don't worry about how much money they can get.

Truth of the matter is football is a short life span and players should try and make as much as they can. Do some give hometown discounts, sure, but I will never be upset at someone not willing to take less.

Von, Danny and Malik have all stated money talks, and to be honest they are at the point where they will probably get the biggest contract they will ever get in this game. So more power to them.

Do I want them all here for a repeat, of course I do, but I will not hold my breathe on it or kick anyone out the door cuz they took their 1 big payday.

Comment

B. Rookie Pool is projected to be 6.5M, not 2M (per overthecap)
                          C. Due to Manning bonuses, our starting cap will be 6.9M, not 11M (need to subtract the 4M)
                          D. We need at least 7M in emergency cap

Just letting you know a few things to adjust your off season plan...love most of the thoughts too.

3M is what I would offer Clady /w no guarantee he is the starter or won't be cut in a competition, add 2M roster bonus if he makes the team.

Ware may restructure to save us more.

If you adjust your cap room to be a little more accurate, we most likely will need to choose between MJ and Brock. Agree with most of your estimated AAV for the guys
                          Thx MHS...I will adjust the original post to reflect changes. If that link to the site I gave didn't include the cash bonuses (for AFC/Superbowl etc) for its cap space, than we might need to subtract even more if other players besides Peyton had this built into their contracts. I was assuming that this site already factored this in. Can anyone confirm this?

Wow...that rookie pool is pricey...haha...I'm also really think Malik is a real long shot now.

Great feedback man...my original post was a starting point where we could refine it and hopefully come up with some ideas to play around with.
                          "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

The cap savings for cutting Vaz would be about 4 mil.

iirc Franklin makes more the Vaz and is not as good.

Yea Vaz had issues when our tackles had issues but when he was just playing guard healthy he was an All Pro.

As long as the coaching staffs thinks he can run block in this system we will not find a better guard for 4m or less.

We have enough issues at OL...we do not need to create another one.
                            Hey Hadez, I was assuming we cut Vasquez after June 1st which would free up 5.5 million instead of 4 million before June 1st!
                            "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Thx MHS...I will adjust the original post to reflect changes. If that link to the site I gave didn't include the cash bonuses (for AFC/Superbowl etc) for its cap space, than we might need to subtract even more if other players besides Peyton had this built into their contracts. I was assuming that this site already factored this in. Can anyone confirm this?

Wow...that rookie pool is pricey...haha...I'm also really think Malik is a real long shot now.

Great feedback man...my original post was a starting point where we could refine it and hopefully come up with some ideas to play around with.
                              yeah I'm thinking Hillman, Malik, Caldwell, are gone.
                              I think all RFA will be signed, not Hillman
                              I think we sign Von long term (franchise exclusive if no long term can be reached)
                              and maybe we keep Oz, Danny, Bruton- maybe just 2 of these
                              Owen Daniels might retire
                              Clady, Ware, Talib, Vasquez, Colquitt are possible cuts or pay cuts

I wish we could resign all. The only one I am not sold on is Oz, but he showed promise. I will add this I trust in John Elway, 5 years 5 div titles 2 SB's and 1 SB win.
                              Last edited by LegionOfVonDoom; 02-10-2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

Here's the deal, we're not trading DT...I doubt you find a team that wants him at this point much less would be willing to assume that contract. He's going to have to come out in 2016 and prove himself. If he doesn't do that we can talk about cutting/trading him then. It won't happen in 2016.
                                Trading DT should be a priority this year. Take that money to keep the D together and fix the o line.

Comment

Working...
                                X