No announcement yet.

2016 Salary Cap roster and hypothetical signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I'm thinking Hillman, Malik, Caldwell, are gone.
    I think all RFA will be signed, not Hillman

I think we sign Von long term (franchise exclusive if no long term can be reached)
    and maybe we keep Oz, Danny, Bruton- maybe just 2 of these
    Owen Daniels might retire
    Clady, Ware, Talib, Vasquez, Colquitt are possible cuts or pay cuts
    I agree with you on our restricted free agents...Marshall, CJ and Bruton are musts considering their value to how much it will cost us.

I have a question for you...Ware or Talib? as a cap casualty. The way Ware led this team down the stretch I almost would prefer him, especially considering I think Keyvon is ready to step in now as a full time corner.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Here's the deal, we're not trading DT...I doubt you find a team that wants him at this point much less would be willing to assume that contract. He's going to have to come out in 2016 and prove himself. If he doesn't do that we can talk about cutting/trading him then. It won't happen in 2016.
      Trading DT should be a priority this year. Take that money to keep the D together and fix the o line.
      I agree with trading DT if we could get a high 2nd round pick or higher. I think he is very attractive to many teams as a previous poster pointed out that his salary is reasonably cheap over the next four years
      "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
        I agree with you on our restricted free agents...Marshall, CJ and Bruton are musts considering their value to how much it will cost us.

I have a question for you...Ware or Talib? as a cap casualty. The way Ware led this team down the stretch I almost would prefer him, especially considering I think Keyvon is ready to step in now as a full time corner.

I think if I had to chose one to cut it would be Ware, just because we have Ray and barret ready to take over. Also feel us having 3 cb's that can handle 1 on 1 important for this D. Wouldn't be surprised to see both go, since we can replace Talib with Roby then look for a CB to replace Roby's old spot. I love Ware and he played his heart out just not sure how much we would lose if replaced by Shaq or Ray.

Comment

I say cut Manning (hopefully retire), cut Ware, cut Talib. Cut Colquitt. That frees up 40 million. Restructure Clady to 5-6 mil. a year. Extend Brock for 10 mil. a year. Franchise tag Von. Extend Malik for 8 mil. a year. I personally would not go past 6 mil. a year for Trevathan.

At some point you have to see what you have in your youth and depth. I think it is time for Ray and Roby to step up. I do think our D will take a small step back, but I think it is extremely important to keep the nucleus of Miller, Malik, and Wolfe together. Ray can get 10 sacks next year in a full time role.
          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
            I say cut Manning (hopefully retire), cut Ware, cut Talib. Cut Colquitt. That frees up 40 million. Restructure Clady to 5-6 mil. a year. Extend Brock for 10 mil. a year. Franchise tag Von. Extend Malik for 8 mil. a year. I personally would not go past 6 mil. a year for Trevathan.

At some point you have to see what you have in your youth and depth. I think it is time for Ray and Roby to step up. I do think our D will take a small step back, but I think it is extremely important to keep the nucleus of Miller, Malik, and Wolfe together. Ray can get 10 sacks next year in a full time role.
            its been rumored Wolfe's contract was offered to Malik and he rejected it. That was 9 mill per season. He is looking at 11+ mill per year. Also think Oz will get someone to offer between 13-16 mill (looking at you Browns). I think Danny at 6 would be great but he might get 8 mill.

Comment

its been rumored Wolfe's contract was offered to Malik and he rejected it. That was 9 mill per season. He is looking at 11+ mill per year. Also think Oz will get someone to offer between 13-16 mill (looking at you Browns). I think Danny at 6 would be great but he might get 8 mill.
              Yea...I think there is no way Malik is coming back with the rumoured money he is demanding. I would take Danny at a $6million cap hit (maybe get creative to get him a better salary). I really like Brock, but with our defense I don't think I'm willing to give more than $10 million a year. If that's the case I think signing a veteran QB at $5/6 million with Sieman might be our option...or RG111 time!! haha

Comment

Yea...I think there is no way Malik is coming back with the rumoured money he is demanding. I would take Danny at a $6million cap hit (maybe get creative to get him a better salary). I really like Brock, but with our defense I don't think I'm willing to give more than $10 million a year. If that's the case I think signing a veteran QB at $5/6 million with Sieman might be our option...or RG111 time!! haha
                If we don't resign Oz, RGMe, Kapernick (if cut) or maybe a journeyman like Fitzpatrick for a year might be okay with this D til something else opens up the following year. I would hate to see that happen though, i dont like either of those choices and if I offered a contract to RGMe or Kap it would be incentive based 1 year contract.

I do fear is being stuck with Oz if he don't pan out. Showed a lot of promise, just not 100% sold. Right now he might be best option but not if overpriced.
                Last edited by LegionOfVonDoom; 02-10-2016, 07:34 PM.

Comment

If oz prefers to go to that Browns organization which is the equivalent to the bad news bears for a few more mill rather than play for a contending sb champ with an all world defense then that answers my question about his reasons for playing the game and wanting to win. I understand full well that it is a business first and foremost but a qb needs pride and integrity to succeed in this nfl

Comment

I think there is a real possibility Vasquez and Ware are cut, saving $15.5 million in cap space.

Vasquez doesn't seem to be a good fit for Kubiak's system mainly because he's not a good run blocker. This could be due to playing with injuries though.

Ware had a very good season and was a beast in the playoffs but there are 2 younger & cheaper players chomping at the bit to get more playing time in Ray and Barrett. I don't believe there would be much of a drop off in production at the position by letting Ware go.

Peyton is done with the Broncos, whether he retires or not. We all know this. That's $19 million in savings.

So just cutting these 3 players would give the Broncos $34.5 million to spend on resigning key free agents like Marshall, Trevathon and Malik. Add in perpetually injured Clady to the potential cuts and the Broncos would have $43.9 million. Add Coulquitt, who was a liability the entire regualr season before turning it on for the playoffs to mix and the potential cap savings jumps up to $46,650,000.

The O-line is going to have to be revamped, no question about it. Every starter on the O-line minus the future HOFer Schofield and Vasquez are free agents, including backup Polumbus. Paradis should be resigned but the rest are up for debate. Mathis surprisingly graded out as the one of the best run blocking guards in the league but he's getting up there in age and wasn't too impressive when pass blocking. It's 50/50 whether the Broncos try to resign him. My gut says they won't.

Some tough choices are going to have to be made but the Broncos are in a good position moving forward.
                    Last edited by Narco; 02-10-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Elway and his staff are masters of the cap. It seems every off season were having this discussion and next thing you know, everyone is freaking out. We signed Ward, we signed Talib (after freaking out that we would never replace DRC), holy crap how can we afford Ware.

I think I will just sit back and watch Elway perform his magic show. With that said we have to temper our expectations a bit, we just won the super bowl and we are gonna get some guys stolen from us because of it.

Not so much because we can't find the cap, but because Elway sets a number he can live with, and teams are gonna go above that number. That guy will probably be Malik Jackson and most likely Trevathan too. I am just happy that we will keep Wolfe and Marshall personally. Von will be back and Elway finds value signings like no other, let's have sone faith yall, Elway has certainly earned that.
                      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

OP lost me at keeping Schofield in any capacity on our team next season.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post

I keep seeing people say to cut Colquitt. Does everyone forget how he won us the field position battle in every playoff game, including the Super Bowl. He pinned Ginn Jr or kicked out of bounds every punt.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy_koenig View Post
                            I keep seeing people say to cut Colquitt. Does everyone forget how he won us the field position battle in every playoff game, including the Super Bowl. He pinned Ginn Jr or kicked out of bounds every punt.
                            He did well in the playoffs, but man, he was BAD in more than a few games this season. As a matter of fact, he was pretty sorry the last FEW seasons, hence him asking to restructure his contract. Vernon Davis won't be coming back either, so there's more saved money to put toward someone more worthwhile on the roster.

I understand the idea of cutting Demarcus Ware, BUT the problem is he is a steadying force on the field and in the locker room. If there is a way to keep the guy without breaking the bank, you do it. You can't coach that stuff, and we've seen just how valuable he is. HE played a large part in Von Miller's "rehabilitation", as spoken by Miller himself.

The guys who think the grass is greener with Da Bears or some other perennial bottom feeder will get to see first hand what Demarcus Ware was talking about in the speech he gave about playing for more than a decade and not going anywhere in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz View Post
                              First off DT is not to be traded, this guy needs someone with ZIP on the ball. He and OZ will be very good next year. As for OZ, you sign him if you think he can lead the team ( 5 wins , 3 loss.) the KC game was out of hand when Peyton was removed. Beat up N.E. as he had a 72.5 % completion rate. I expect his rate next year in the 80 % .

Now Elway and company know more than I do if he is for real.

Vernon Davis is gone, Daniels will take a pay cut and mentor our Rookie " Heuerman" part of Kub's plan.

Sonbrailo will return and a 2 round pick for a O'line guy looks real.

Clady ? don't know if he is a fix.

Now for the defense:

Malik Jackson has already put out the message that he has a family, looking for a big payday. If Oakland is interested, trade him get a high draft pick. Then as the draft has some great D'line men grab someone like the guy from UCLA. or an impact player.

Ware, does he want to repeat ? Money isn't the issue ( last year Peyton took a pay cut )

Von, big $$ or can we franchise tag him as we work on a long term deal ?

The rest of the defensive guys, well how does a repeat sound? Do you want to be part of it ? What a sell technique.
                              WOLF took a home team discount, wants to stay and play here. This is the mentality that should be in the entire locker room. Whomever wants $$$ and this is what they are about. Cut ties, we do have some depth here.
                              Oh My God...

So, when Oz was playing DT had zero drops because of his amazing zip, gotcha.

Comment

Man, you guys play too much Madden.

"Hey our WR sucks, he can't catch, the guy is scared and doesn't use his physical tools to play, he is grossly overpaid too, but better yet NO OTHER TEAM HAS REALIZED THIS IF TRUTH, we are geniuses who see these things way before 32 GMs in this league, so let's call the, OFFER him to them, and they will all say ALL RIGHT! Well... SUCKERS"

Seriously, trades are extremely hard to pull off, especially when they involve overpaid players who "suck".

Comment

Working...
                                X