Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadMexican View Post
    Oh My God...

So, when Oz was playing DT had zero drops because of his amazing zip, gotcha.
    Check the facts. 1 td with Peyton at the helm. when OZ took over he had 5 TD's in 7 games. Something different here. The Oakland game that we were embarrassed, he had 10 of 14 catch's. not 100 % But good enough to be ranked in the top 12 in stats, Saunders is # 13.

DT v/s Saunders,:

DT 177 targets with 105 catches, 1304 yds, 6 TD's (Yes some inopportune drops, but in the NE game came up clutch)

Saunders,: 137 targets with 76 catches, 1135 yds, 6 TD's

NOW is this just luck the way the ball bounced so to speak ? Or should Saunders also be on the block ?

I believe given time OZ and DT should build up timing and our long ball (jump for it) will be better than we seen lately.

Comment

I think if OZ wants more than 13-14 million, he can go play with the QB Career killing team the Browns.

For all the people that think we should pay him what ever he wants, take those Aaron Rodgers Glasses off, you can clearly see its your glasses that are what make it look like hes Aaron Rodgers.
      Last edited by Chronoless; 02-11-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

We won the Super Bowl with two QB's who ranked towards the bottom of the league. Combined (mostly due to Manning) the team led the league in QB turnovers. Yet, here we are.

Keep the defense in tact.. Let ANYONE on offense walk if they want except McManus, Anderson, and "Saunders".
        Last edited by River Side; 02-12-2016, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by River Side View Post
          We won the Super Bowl with two QB's who ranked towards the bottom of the league. Combined (mostly due to Manning) the team led the league in QB turnovers. Yet, here we are.

Keep the defense in tact.. Let ANYONE on offense walk if they want except McManus, Anderson, and "Saunders".
          It really was amazing to see the benefit of an elite defense. We always hear "Defense wins championships" and until it happens with your team you cannot fully appreciate that quote.

It may be unrealistic to believe the Broncos defense can be that great again - but why not if Elway can find a way to keep most of the team in tact.

Restructure Clady's contract, improve the O line and play more consistent on offense. Robert Myers the tackle we signed end of has solid potential - fix RT and we're already better.

Comment

I really hope we let Osweiler go to another team in free agency. I was not impressed with him at all. He had a couple games where he showed a couple flashes of good qb play. A qb that's been in the league for four years and going to be expecting a lot of money needs to do WAY more than that. The most I want us to pay for him would be $5M a year or so.

He is still an unknown commodity as a starting qb, wouldn't want to give him a lot of money at this point

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
              I really hope we let Osweiler go to another team in free agency. I was not impressed with him at all. He had a couple games where he showed a couple flashes of good qb play. A qb that's been in the league for four years and going to be expecting a lot of money needs to do WAY more than that. The most I want us to pay for him would be $5M a year or so.

He is still an unknown commodity as a starting qb, wouldn't want to give him a lot of money at this point
              Well you may get your wish unfortunately for the Broncos. Are you aware that Brock is ranked the #3 QB UFA and #19 of the top 20 UFA players?

He's been in the league four years and he did not start sooner because of playing behind PM - by design the plan was to develop him behind PM. In today's NFL there are situations where rookie QBs are thrown into the starting role with no development - RG3 and Kaepernick are just two examples. For some rookie QBs it works out however most don't because there is a significant level change from college.

While he has limited starting experience he is not unknown. Elway has watched him in OTAs, camps, pre-season and starting 7 games. Elway sees the potential - fans usually miss the potential because they compare a QB like Brock to veteran QBs with success - Rodgers, Roethlisburger, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, etc.

Fans in Green Bay could never see Rodgers playing instead of Favre (not at all comparing Brock's potential to ARod).

This is a seller's market for QBs - few options for teams and limited QB draft class.

Oz will command way more than $5 million - his agent would dismiss that offer in a split second.

By keeping an elite defense in tact the Broncos have a legitimate shot at repeating with Brock at QB - with improving O line.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz View Post
                Check the facts. 1 td with Peyton at the helm. when OZ took over he had 5 TD's in 7 games. Something different here. The Oakland game that we were embarrassed, he had 10 of 14 catch's. not 100 % But good enough to be ranked in the top 12 in stats, Saunders is # 13.

DT v/s Saunders,:

DT 177 targets with 105 catches, 1304 yds, 6 TD's (Yes some inopportune drops, but in the NE game came up clutch)

Saunders,: 137 targets with 76 catches, 1135 yds, 6 TD's

NOW is this just luck the way the ball bounced so to speak ? Or should Saunders also be on the block ?

I believe given time OZ and DT should build up timing and our long ball (jump for it) will be better than we seen lately.
                The stat you are missing when comparing Sanders and DT..
                is interceptions when targeted.

Sanders had a couple..
                DT had more than 7.
                He don't fight for the ball.. don't throw his all into it.
                DT is the Cam Newton of our team.
                Mad skills but lack of heart.. not a team player.
                Was it not 10 misses in a row in the Steelers regular season game?
                No show in the playoffs. 1 for 8 in the Super Bowl.

No heart

If DT WAS a Team Player.. he would renegotiate and restructure to help the team.
                -
                As far as Brock, he was the guy who called a meeting of FA..
                and talked about keeping the team together...
                Elway himself drafted him..
                and John has said on Several occasions.. "We want Brock, He will be a Bronco"
                I reckon Brock will play it smart... sign a reasonable deal... for 3 or 4 years...
                knowing if he can win several playoff games and possibly a Superbowl..
                then he WILL have become who he wants to be...
                Heck is mature. but very fresh... not a rookie...
                but not beat to hell... and he has a good 10 to 12 years in front of him.
                I don't think Brock is gonna commit career suicide and go play in Cleveland.
                -
                We also do not know what Free Agents are gonna be available
                and salivating to come play for Denver.
                -
                The rookie draft picks are another story.. so many upcoming developments.
                -
                The average number of players to turn over on any given NFL team season to season..
                is 20 players.
                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                  Rather than being in the dark, I decided to look into our 2016 cap and see what the realistic possibility of signing our free agents are based on hypotheticals. Would love for others to state their hypotheticals. Below does not include everything ( for example not sure if the Broncos have any carry over cap space from last year to bring over this year...and there are a lot of other loopholes I'm not aware of). But this should serve as a good base.

Ok the 2016 NFL team salary cap is expected to be raised to $153 million.

Our current 2016 salary cap as it stands now is $142 million

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

We can safely dump Peyton Manning salary and bring our total to $123 million

Our goal is to keep our defense mainly in tack to make another run while not jeopardizing our long term future with heavy backloaded contracts that are not cap friendly.

We will need some restructuring from a few players...prime candidates are:

1. Ryan Clady - current cap hit is $8.9 million...let's try and get that down to $4million and save $5million
                  2. Demarcus Ware - current cap hit is $10 million...I think we can get another $2 million savings from this
                  3. Louis Vasquez - current cap hit is 5.5 million...maybe another $1 million savings here

This brings our total down to $115 million

Prime candidates to be cut (post June 1):

1. Owen Daniels - $3.5 million
                  2. Britton Colquitt - $3.25 million
                  3. Louis Vasquez - $5.5 million

Our total would now be roughly $108 million keeping Vasquez or $103 million cutting him.
                  I personally am for cutting him as this line could use a huge makeover. I personally think Garcia and Schofield could be our guards for the future.

So we have $51 million to spend on:

1. Von Miller
                  2. Brock Osweiller
                  3. Malik Jackson
                  4. Danny Trevathon
                  5. David Bruton
                  6. Brandon Marshall restricted
                  7. Omar Bolden restricted
                  8. Matt Paradis restricted
                  9. Benny Fowler restricted
                  10. CJ Anderson restricted
                  11. RB depth
                  12. Right Tackle
                  13. Depth
                  14. Draft picks

Von Miller will cost $14 million roughly for franchise tag.

Now $37 million left

I think if Brock really wants to stay he is going to have to be reasonable. Max I would give him is $10 million, we have proven we don't need greatness at the QB position to win this thing. So we will keep this as a $10 million hit for whoever ends up taking the reigns.

$27 million left

Malik is a beast and is going to get big time money. Hopefully he can agree to something around $11 million cap hit with us.

$16 million left

Danny is great. Linebackers are a little easier to fill in than other positions, but he is a leader and has been money. I'm thinking around $6 million cap hit and we would be happy.

$10 million left

I believe our draft picks cost us just over $6.5 million in cap space.

$3.5 million left

For

5. David Bruton
                  6. Brandon Marshall restricted
                  7. Omar Bolden restricted
                  8. Matt Paradis restricted
                  9. Benny Fowler restricted
                  10. CJ Anderson restricted
                  11. RB depth
                  12. Right Tackle
                  13. Depth

As you can see to get everyone in is going to be impossible based on the money that is left. That's why there are a lot of tough decisions ahead, including cutting some players, or not resigning some of our free agents.

Another possibility is trading DT, which would clear $2.4 million in cap savings and gain us I'm sure a very high draft pick.

I think what may be done to make another run is give heavy signing bonuses to a couple of players (like Malik and Danny) spread out over 5 years or so. Freeing up a lot of cap space to keep this cap intact. It is possible because in 2017 Ware and Talib I'm sure will be of the books and will clear a lot of space. This usually screws teams over the long run, but with a couple players to make another run it might be worth it.

Let's hear your thoughts?
                  Thought ware only takes a 7 mill hit mext year

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan03 View Post
                    Thought ware only takes a 7 mill hit mext year
                    Ware's cap number for 2016 is $11.6M. Dead money if we cut him is $1.6M - so we would save $10M by cutting him.
                    2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Comment

What ever Elway is able to do; I hope it involves keeping Miller, Osweiler, Trevathan and Bruton. I have already considered Jackson as good as gone.

Comment

Franchise Von

Sign Brock for 4 years at about 8 million per. He should sign this, he wants to prove himself in this league and knows how good he has it in Denver.

I think we have to choose between Malik and Danny. Danny will come cheaper imo, we keep him and let Malik walk.

Sign CJ to a 2 year deal worth about 4 million per.

It is also imperative that we keep these guys around.

Brandon Marshall
                        Brandon McManus
                        David Bruton

I say cut Vasquez and Talib. What? That's right I said it, cut Talib. I just cant root for this guy no matter how hard I try, he's such a dirty player and a jerk. He is a solid #2 CB, but I think Roby is ready. Cut Talib and draft a CB in the first 2 rounds. That will save us some dough.

Comment

Hope we can sign Von and Oz and tag Malik
                          Can't see him in a Raider uniform

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                            Well you may get your wish unfortunately for the Broncos. Are you aware that Brock is ranked the #3 QB UFA and #19 of the top 20 UFA players?

He's been in the league four years and he did not start sooner because of playing behind PM - by design the plan was to develop him behind PM. In today's NFL there are situations where rookie QBs are thrown into the starting role with no development - RG3 and Kaepernick are just two examples. For some rookie QBs it works out however most don't because there is a significant level change from college.

While he has limited starting experience he is not unknown. Elway has watched him in OTAs, camps, pre-season and starting 7 games. Elway sees the potential - fans usually miss the potential because they compare a QB like Brock to veteran QBs with success - Rodgers, Roethlisburger, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, etc.

Fans in Green Bay could never see Rodgers playing instead of Favre (not at all comparing Brock's potential to ARod).

This is a seller's market for QBs - few options for teams and limited QB draft class.

Oz will command way more than $5 million - his agent would dismiss that offer in a split second.

By keeping an elite defense in tact the Broncos have a legitimate shot at repeating with Brock at QB - with improving O line.
                            If we can keep an elite defense AND keep OZ, I'm fine with that. But I don't think we can and I'm a lot more willing to give up OZ than the elite defense

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                              Hope we can sign Von and Oz and tag Malik
                              Can't see him in a Raider uniform
                              We arent tagging Malik.

Malik is probably gone and might be a Raider, price of being good.

Comment

I'd keep Brock if he didnt want a ton of money.

I'd cut Vazquez and bring back Mathis.

I'd tag/re-sign Von, keep Danny, Brut, the RFA/ERFA's.

Cut Clady (just won a SB with Harris/Schofield), he doesnt have much leverage.

Ask Ware to restructure.

Comment

Working...
                                X