Last 2 Games....Manning Had Better Passer Rating Than Brady And Newton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I'm a big PM fan, classy guy and gave us a lot of good memories, and ever since he went down I argued with people that he should be the starter in the playoffs as he can manage the game better then Brock.... but the reality is that he is a shell of his former self and completely finished, and has been for over a year. He contributed very little in the playoffs and almost nothing in the SB.

I would be amazed if he doesn't retire, and even more amazed if anyone wants to play him next season
    I agree with most of this, but I believe he was a positive source in The Pats victory. Again, 90 passer rating, 2 TDs and no pics wasn't so bad. Lets not forget about the whole cast, and some of our O players were not contributing enough as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I agree with most of this, but I believe he was a positive source in The Pats victory. Again, 90 passer rating, 2 TDs and no pics wasn't so bad. Lets not forget about the whole cast, and some of our O players were not contributing enough as well.
      He managed the game well against the Pats, we only had 1 TO and scored 20 points.... although only 3 in the second half. That was probably as good as it gets with PM at this point of his career.

I felt that we dominated the Pats and Carolina but the offense was so bad in each second half that we kept them in the game. The bottom line is the D was phenomenal and put this team on their shoulders. It just goes to show that a dominant D wins championships. It was just like the Denver, Seattle SB of 2 years ago... except this time WE had the dominant D

Comment

He managed the game well against the Pats, we only had 1 TO and scored 20 points.... although only 3 in the second half. That was probably as good as it gets with PM at this point of his career.

I felt that we dominated the Pats and Carolina but the offense was so bad in each second half that we kept them in the game. The bottom line is the D was phenomenal and put this team on their shoulders. It just goes to show that a dominant D wins championships. It was just like the Denver, Seattle SB of 2 years ago... except this time WE had the dominant D
        YES......and isn't that all that matters, that we found our own way to win. That was my view going into the SB, that I didn't care how we won, as long as we scored at least one more point than them. Names do not matter, the team logo does.

Comment

YES......and isn't that all that matters, that we found our own way to win. That was my view going into the SB, that I didn't care how we won, as long as we scored at least one more point than them. Names do not matter, the team logo does.
          Amen to that

Comment

I second that emotion. Didn't care how we won, didn't care who won it for us, just get the win. And I was glad that our defense won the game. They deserved it...
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

One point I would add, while it was great PM got the second ring and I'm sure thats all he cares about it would of been nice if he had been more of a factor and contributed more, especially if its his last game.

Seeing great QB's broken down and reduced to handing the ball off all game and being game managers is not cool. Luckily it turned out well because we won but I just hope he retires now on that high and doesn't hurt his reputation and legacy by carrying on playing in this reduced state

Comment

Yes indeed. I mentioned that somewhere as well. Carolina has a fabulous D. In that regard, Manning's performance against The Pats was quite respectable. 90 plus is doing your job, especially in the AFC final.

Sometimes when I get a little selfish, I wonder about how we would have done had Manning been near his peak. So many of his passes were "just off" this season, when he got more reps.

Then again, it matters not. We won. Our D paved the way. Who cares anymore!
                The problem is, if you had "peak Manning" then you obviously score more, and more quickly, but that forces your defense on the field more and tires them out. It's sort of symbiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
                  The problem is, if you had "peak Manning" then you obviously score more, and more quickly, but that forces your defense on the field more and tires them out. It's sort of symbiotic.
                  I'm not sure that was possible, with the number of 3 and outs the offense had this season, especially in the second half of the AFCCG and SB, the defense wasn't getting long breaks very often.

Now in relation to Manning's passer rating in the last 2 weeks, in fact during the entire season, it doesn't mater to me if it was 158.3 (a perfect rating) or 0.0, as long as Denver wins, stats don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
                    Love when folks use the cool words around here!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      I'm not sure that was possible, with the number of 3 and outs the offense had this season, especially in the second half of the AFCCG and SB, the defense wasn't getting long breaks very often.

Now in relation to Manning's passer rating in the last 2 weeks, in fact during the entire season, it doesn't mater to me if it was 158.3 (a perfect rating) or 0.0, as long as Denver wins, stats don't matter.
                      I agree. And not to belabour it, but my thread objective was not to convey how good Manning did, but the irony of the situation. That the much maligned, over the hill dude would have a better rating than the 2 studs that were going to kill us. Of course, part of the reasoning had to do with how great our D is, limiting one QB after another to limited productivity. So in some ways, those passer rating stats had some complexity in terms of the storyline behind them. And one other dimension behind my purpose, the fact that most experts would not have believed:
                      1) That Manning would beat Brady and Newton in that category
                      2) That we would win both games!

In other words, had you been able to bet some decent cash in Vegas over both items (who would win / (who would have the higher pass rating) you would still be celebrating your winnings today!!!
                      Last edited by CanDB; 02-12-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

One point I would add, while it was great PM got the second ring and I'm sure thats all he cares about it would of been nice if he had been more of a factor and contributed more, especially if its his last game.

Seeing great QB's broken down and reduced to handing the ball off all game and being game managers is not cool. Luckily it turned out well because we won but I just hope he retires now on that high and doesn't hurt his reputation and legacy by carrying on playing in this reduced state
                        True enough, but 5 maybe 10 years from now, and forever afterward, it will say that Manning won 2 rings, 5 MVPs, 4 SB appearances with 4 different coaches, all star recognitions, records galore, etc. And few look back at these facts and say, "yah, but.........". It's one thing to critique it, but it's a whole different thing to actually DO IT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB
                          Sucks to lose! There's a smack section by the way, so I will not lay it on you further.
                          LOL Classy save :thumb:

Back to your first post. I still haven't seen the game in its entirety. Maybe when I go back home after this weekend. I have watched all the clips I could find. Really like the long mic'd videos of each half. Just finished reading through the SB Game thread. What a hoot, lol!

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30..._photo_gallery

If PM's average snap to throw was 2.01 secs and CN's was 3.08, then I now have a different opinion, w/o having seen the whole game.

I will now posit that if CN was behind Denver's Swiss cheese OL and PM was behind Car's OL with the extra time to throw, everybody would be singing the praises of Car's defense and not Denver's and Denver probably loses. Just my opinion, don't get mad.

I also think that putting Brock in, like some posters were crying for would probably have led to a loss as well. Carolina's defense was 2nd best, no? PM had no time to go through his reads. 2 seconds is fast!

Comment

Originally posted by bandwagonfan101 View Post
                            LOL Classy save :thumb:

Back to your first post. I still haven't seen the game in its entirety. Maybe when I go back home after this weekend. I have watched all the clips I could find. Really like the long mic'd videos of each half. Just finished reading through the SB Game thread. What a hoot, lol!

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30..._photo_gallery

If PM's average snap to throw was 2.01 secs and CN's was 3.08, then I now have a different opinion, w/o having seen the whole game.

I will now posit that if CN was behind Denver's Swiss cheese OL and PM was behind Car's OL with the extra time to throw, everybody would be singing the praises of Car's defense and not Denver's and Denver probably loses. Just my opinion, don't get mad.

I also think that putting Brock in, like some posters were crying for would probably have led to a loss as well. Carolina's defense was 2nd best, no? PM had no time to go through his reads. 2 seconds is fast!
                            Ahhhhhh.....next gen!!! But wow, that is a significant difference in snap to throw time! Perhaps Peyton rushed it a little, knowing he is limited in getting away, but a full second difference is huge! And that's keeping in mind that Newton was hit many times.

Comment

Ahhhhhh.....next gen!!! But wow, that is a significant difference in snap to throw time! Perhaps Peyton rushed it a little, knowing he is limited in getting away, but a full second difference is huge! And that's keeping in mind that Newton was hit many times.
                              Exactly! Hypotheticals are fun and I engage in them all the time. My wife says I'm too indecisive. "Make up your mind!" LOL, while I'm stuck in hypothetical land.

But that is what so many PM critics are missing. He has the ability to make quick decisions. The average person has no clue of the fast game speed of NFL plays. These are super athletes.

I'm sure everybody on the team and coaches knew the OL was the weakest link. They did what they had to do with what they had and that makes the win even more impressive. They hung in together as a team. Nobody got thrown under the bus, contrary to wishes of some posters on this forum, lol.

Comment

I said it in another thread and I'll repeat it here... Manning had only 141 yards. Brady had only 145 yards in his first SB and he got MVP...only difference was he had to orchestrate last minute drive....something Manning didn't have to do.
                                sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                                Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X