Malik Jackson

Danny Trevathan

Vernon Davis

/April Fools

John Elway

Wade Phillips

Von Miller

Comment

I'd go with Elway, Kubiak & Manning...(honorable mentions to Wade, Von, Talib, Harris,Jr. & Ware).

FYI

"America's Game" marathon is on NFL Network now thru 7pm EST Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        I'd go with Elway, Kubiak & Manning...(honorable mentions to Wade, Von, Talib, Harris,Jr. & Ware).

FYI

"America's Game" marathon is on NFL Network now thru 7pm EST Monday.
        Just can't wait for our 2015 America's Game one.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Von, Ware, Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Just can't wait for our 2015 America's Game one.
            When is it going to air?

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              When is it going to air?
              Don't know. I heard that it should be ready some time in September.

Comment

I've been watching some of the America's Games on NFLN this weekend. There has been this discussion going on here about whether we were lucky last year, whether we caught lightening in a bottle, whether we can be as good or better on defense, whether our offense will be better, etc.

I think some of it is true. We did get lucky some last year. We did catch lightening in a bottle last year. And our defense was great too. But as I was watching the narratives of those America's games I realized that there were also things going on behind the scenes for us that can't be duplicated again regardless of how our offense or defense plays this year. Our team had extra motivation going on besides the X's and O's of the game last year.

These are just my own thoughts that came to me as I watched the narratives of other America's Games and decided to put my own narrative together on the Denver Broncos 2015 Americas Game.

Before the SB, we heard that our locker room was very emotional. We heard that Peyton had given a very heartfelt emotional speech. We heard that my guy DWare also gave a very emotional speech. And we heard that the team was rallying around Peyton and DeMarcus because they wanted both of them to win a SB real bad. They wanted Manning to go out as a SB champion in the worst way. They wanted Demarcus, who had played for 11 years to finally get his ring. So we had all that going on behind the scenes. I know that Sanders had said PM told the team not to play for him but to play for themselves, but the team still wanted Manning to go out a 2X SB champion. They wanted DWare to be a SB Champion.

When a team comes together for a single mission like that, it is hard to duplicate. When a team comes together for a single mission like that, it is hard to beat. They were focused on a single goal. They were playing for something, not for themselves, but for someone else. Unselfish, humble, giving of themselves. Team. Greater than ones self.

And on the flip side, we had the media pumping up the Panthers who had completely bought into their own press. They were the exalted ones. They just needed to show up and they were going to win. They were clearly the better team. They were going to beat the snot out of us by just showing up.

So on one side of the field we had a team playing for a higher goal and other team thinking they were the anointed ones who had already won. I think all of these things played into our winning.

So, that's my narrative of the 2015 Denver Broncos Americas Game. It certainly was a thing of beauty. It will be interesting to see what narrative emerges for the 2016 Denver Broncos. I'm sure it will be the "they can't.....
                Last edited by broncoslover115; 05-29-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I think without a doubt you would at least have Elway and Ware. As for the the third, either Von, Sanders or Harris. My vote would go to Harris.

Comment

In addition to what Broncoslover says, I think that this was a battle hardened team that had played against many of the tougher teams and had fared very well. The Panthers had not had to face the same kind of adversity, and had not been challenged seriously by their playoff opponents to that point. They did not seem to know how to react when they got punched in the face. They bent and bent and bent, and eventually broke when Newton said "No Mas" with the ball on the turf and game on the line. They were a team that was just too mentally tough for other teams to handle when the playoffs came around, as a result of close game after close game all year long against the toughest opponents out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
                      In addition to what Broncoslover says, I think that this was a battle hardened team that had played against many of the tougher teams and had fared very well. The Panthers had not had to face the same kind of adversity, and had not been challenged seriously by their playoff opponents to that point. They did not seem to know how to react when they got punched in the face. They bent and bent and bent, and eventually broke when Newton said "No Mas" with the ball on the turf and game on the line. They were a team that was just too mentally tough for other teams to handle when the playoffs came around, as a result of close game after close game all year long against the toughest opponents out there.
                      Great point Finn!

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
                        I said the same thing with adversity to the Panthers before the game to some people.

Denver faced alot all year.

Every game was close, QB change, horrible home loss to KC.

They also played a ton of top teams.

NE twice, Pit twice, Indy with Luck, GB, KC twice, Cincy, Min amongst others. They were battle tested.

Alot of the teams who win it all face some kind of adversity throughout the year whether its injuries, a bad loss, or a tough stretch of games, etc.

Panthers lost a game and had some close games they still won but didnt face what Denver had.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          I've been watching some of the America's Games on NFLN this weekend. There has been this discussion going on here about whether we were lucky last year, whether we caught lightening in a bottle, whether we can be as good or better on defense, whether our offense will be better, etc.

I think some of it is true. We did get lucky some last year. We did catch lightening in a bottle last year. And our defense was great too. But as I was watching the narratives of those America's games I realized that there were also things going on behind the scenes for us that can't be duplicated again regardless of how our offense or defense plays this year. Our team had extra motivation going on besides the X's and O's of the game last year.

These are just my own thoughts that came to me as I watched the narratives of other America's Games and decided to put my own narrative together on the Denver Broncos 2015 Americas Game.

Before the SB, we heard that our locker room was very emotional. We heard that Peyton had given a very heartfelt emotional speech. We heard that my guy DWare also gave a very emotional speech. And we heard that the team was rallying around Peyton and DeMarcus because they wanted both of them to win a SB real bad. They wanted Manning to go out as a SB champion in the worst way. They wanted Demarcus, who had played for 11 years to finally get his ring. So we had all that going on behind the scenes. I know that Sanders had said PM told the team not to play for him but to play for themselves, but the team still wanted Manning to go out a 2X SB champion. They wanted DWare to be a SB Champion.

When a team comes together for a single mission like that, it is hard to duplicate. When a team comes together for a single mission like that, it is hard to beat. They were focused on a single goal. They were playing for something, not for themselves, but for someone else. Unselfish, humble, giving of themselves. Team. Greater than ones self.

And on the flip side, we had the media pumping up the Panthers who had completely bought into their own press. They were the exalted ones. They just needed to show up and they were going to win. They were clearly the better team. They were going to beat the snot out of us by just showing up.

So on one side of the field we had a team playing for a higher goal and other team thinking they were the anointed ones who had already won. I think all of these things played into our winning.

So, that's my narrative of the 2015 Denver Broncos Americas Game. It certainly was a thing of beauty. It will be interesting to see what narrative emerges for the 2016 Denver Broncos. I'm sure it will be the "they can't.....
                          I do think we were lucky, not many injuries, won every close game but Oakland.

From what i've seen in some videos at OTA's, the team is still playing with that chip on their shoulder.

Still find it hard to believe the offense will be as bad as they were last year though.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            I do think we were lucky, not many injuries, won every close game but Oakland.

From what i've seen in some videos at OTA's, the team is still playing with that chip on their shoulder.

Still find it hard to believe the offense will be as bad as they were last year though.
                            I'm not saying that you did this. I'm just saying in general. People often use the "they just got lucky" in sports, as a negative connotation. However, every year, sport, and level there are teams that get lucky to win a game or a championship. There's nothing wrong with getting lucky. Let's take a look back at the last few superbowls.

You can say we got lucky because of not having injuries like the steelers.

You can say the pats got lucky because of the interception in the end zone.

You can say the Seahawks got lucky because Colin under threw a probable touchdown.

Then we don't need to mention the Ravens.

So, once again, I'm not saying you were using at as a negative. But, some do and I don't think it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                              I'm not saying that you did this. I'm just saying in general. People often use the "they just got lucky" in sports, as a negative connotation. However, every year, sport, and level there are teams that get lucky to win a game or a championship. There's nothing wrong with getting lucky. Let's take a look back at the last few superbowls.

You can say the Seahawks got lucky because Colin under threw a probable touchdown.

So, once again, I'm not saying you were using at as a negative. But, some do and I don't think it should be.
                              I'm not saying it was fluke or anything and never bad with being lucky.

But Denver did get alot of breaks as did past champions, better being lucky than not having any luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post

I think you're right; most mean it as a negative.

When people say you got lucky it does imply that you had nothing to do with the winning outcome. It implies that you really didn't earn the win and it was just basically handed to you. So it does come off as sort of disrespectful. Believe me, living in Boston I hear it all the time.

But luck probably has a hand in every team's win as you said. A bounce here, a play there, a call by the refs, injuries to your and their team, and most importantly, capitalizing on your opponents mistakes and those lucky breaks. And teams also make their own luck as well; and our team sure did.

Comment

Working...
                                X