Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't they let demaryius thomas hold the Lombardi??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    In fairness to the player "lack of effort" would have to be determined via a majority vote of the senior management/coach staff

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
      Stop looking at the DROPS! Look at the way he competes, or the lack of it. He does not win 1 on 1 battles against corners. That is the issue!
      It's not like stats don't reflect all that lazy half-hearted play from him. DT is ranked 33 out of all 40 receivers in the post season. This despite him going all the way to the big game. Even some who dropped out in Wildcard rounds after a single game are ranked higher.

      You know where "Saunders" ranks? 2nd behind Olson... Somehow DT should be taxed and the proceeds diverted to the receivers on the team who show up when it counts.

      Comment


      • #78
        Yeah it looks like Sanders has been earning his contract's worth. Will be interesting to see if he keeps it until the 2017 season when his contract ends
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by River Side View Post
          It's not like stats don't reflect all that lazy half-hearted play from him. DT is ranked 33 out of all 40 receivers in the post season. This despite him going all the way to the big game. Even some who dropped out in Wildcard rounds after a single game are ranked higher.

          You know where "Saunders" ranks? 2nd behind Olson... Somehow DT should be taxed and the proceeds diverted to the receivers on the team who show up when it counts.
          This should be a lesson learned - never ink huge promises and guarantees with zero protection. situations like these MUST be treated as a breach of contract.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by paycheckeffort View Post
            This should be a lesson learned - never ink huge promises and guarantees with zero protection. situations like these MUST be treated as a breach of contract.
            Beach of contract, oh my goodness.

            I have no problem with adding performance incentives to a contract that allow a player more for reaching certain goals but beach of contract? Too much Good luck with that.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Beach of contract, oh my goodness.

              I have no problem with adding performance incentives to a contract that allow a player more for reaching certain goals but beach of contract? Too much Good luck with that.
              If a player is not willing to guarantee they will show up for games, especially late in the season, why should they be given a huge guaranteed contract? especially when "not showing up" is, as I put it in another post, TBD by majority vote of senior management. What do they have to hide? If they're unwilling to agree to the terms its a huge red flag.

              Comment


              • #82
                The point is: We've seen this before. A player looks excellent, and plays his heart out because he's about to become a free agent, then like a thief in the night, once signed for big guaranteed money the effort goes out the window.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Agreed.. I'll be unpopular here but I'd keep a portion of Von's payday tied to some sack/disruption/pressure kind of stats. Not everyone is JJ Watt whose hefty check hasn't slowed him down.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by River Side View Post
                    Agreed.. I'll be unpopular here but I'd keep a portion of Von's payday tied to some sack/disruption/pressure kind of stats. Not everyone is JJ Watt whose hefty check hasn't slowed him down.
                    VM is one of the rare exceptions where recent performance had such a huge impact on the outcome of both the afccg, and sb he needs a very specialized contract, and needs to be paid well. Having said that, there still needs to be similar language in his, and all other contracts in case the player decides to "not show up." Teams shouldn't need to do this, they should just be able to "trust" the player. However many have ruined it for the rest.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Was DT there? I thought he was back in Denver for the Super Bowl. He pulled a Thurman Thomas and misplaced his hands.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X