Championship high is coming down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship high is coming down

When the Avs and Broncos won their championships back in the day, I was in college. This year is the first time my teams have won a championship as an adult with a job and kids.

So the Monday after the Super Bowl I still had to get my kids ready for school (which is miserable). I still have to go to work. I still have bills. I still have house work. I am still getting fatter and balder.

I still am happy they won, but I am coming down from the high. Just being honest, in the 15 years since the city's last championship, I expected it to be different. I sorta thought the joy of winning the SB would last longer.

Anyone else feel like the real world doesn't let you enjoy the win as much as you expected?

Yeah.. But then I stop, close my eyes, and loudly yell (so YOU can hear it)

"Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl!"

And I feel better

Comment

Nope you enjoy it as much as you want to enjoy it. If you let those bills and stuff wear you down it can take you out of that high but honestly the only thing that can true fully do that is yourself. I have kids and bills and I'm still enjoying it even ordered another shirt and hat since I didn't have enough funds after the game for everything I wanted.

Life is going to keep rolling you either ride it and enjoy the ride or you let it drag you along either way it is moving and it is what you make of it.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
        When the Avs and Broncos won their championships back in the day, I was in college. This year is the first time my teams have won a championship as an adult with a job and kids.

So the Monday after the Super Bowl I still had to get my kids ready for school (which is miserable). I still have to go to work. I still have bills. I still have house work. I am still getting fatter and balder.

I still am happy they won, but I am coming down from the high. Just being honest, in the 15 years since the city's last championship, I expected it to be different. I sorta thought the joy of winning the SB would last longer.

Anyone else feel like the real world doesn't let you enjoy the win as much as you expected?
        Totally agree. I still have tests for classes, entrance exams, and goals to accomplish. At the end of the day, like they say, 'it's not the destination but the journey.' Even if we didn't win the Lombardi, looking at the accomplishments and that ability to persevere through the struggles this team has faced - losing Manning, forced to start Brock, getting blown out by the Chiefs, having no one to believe the Broncos could win in the postseason except us fans - that led them to the Lombardi is nothing short of amazing. As with other things in life, I find that the journey often is more memorable than the actual goal. The Lombardi is the icing on the cake, the realization of the toils and efforts of our team. Rest easy in knowing that 31 other teams could not experience what we did this year.

Hope that helps you get excited about our win again.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Just watch the clips of Cam flopping on the side lines and throwing a tantrum in the inzone. It will make you feel much better.

Comment

Well this feeling for me is very special. The last couple of years for my sports viewing pleasure have been utter hell. I've sat through the Ravens, Seahawks, and Patriots championships. I've also witnessed the KC Royals beat my Mets and watched every single tool up here proclaim that their grandfather was from KC and how happy he would be if he got to see the KC Royals win....Which is a total lie. The Broncos superbowl title my big giant middle finger to these stupid fanbases proclaiming they're the greatest every year.
            Denver Broncos and New York Mets. Pass me a drink.

Comment

This video keeps me excited:

Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

No way. That the Broncos won is wonderful but the shared memories with friends and family will never get old. Those are moments that no job or the grind of life can ever take away.

I've since watched the game again (they still won ) and though it was great to sit and analyze, rewind if necessary, skip commercials, even talk back at plays and commentary, it wasn't as fun as it was when I watched it with the people I love and care for: no nervous tension, no laughs, no joy, no angst, no laughter, nothing.

Win or lose, Sunday, Feb 7 was family fun day. I changed a dirty diaper this morning and was still able to smile. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

Haha welcome to real life my friend!!!

If it's any consolation, seeing all the hype and all the glory and then having to get up and go to work the next day helps us realize as human beings that none of this would be possible if we did not continue to go to work.

We keep the wheels on the bus going round and round in our economies .

:thumb: However it was a very fun ride though!

Comment

I was coming down too... then i started thinking back not only about the super bowl, but the whole season. What a ride. Remember week 1 with that interception in the endzone to win? or how crazy the game week 2 was? I still can't believe we won!
                    Is it draft day yet?

Comment

I'm deep into the process of buying a home with a VA loan. Having to deal with underwriters and red tape BS will steal post-championship joy pretty quickly.

So, I just replay some highlights and try to forget I'm an adult for a few minutes at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
                        I was coming down too... then i started thinking back not only about the super bowl, but the whole season. What a ride. Remember week 1 with that interception in the endzone to win? or how crazy the game week 2 was? I still can't believe we won!
                        one of the best moments this season:
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

It all depends on where you direct your mental focus, and how you direct it, in your spare time and the in-between moments. If that means navigating to the Broncos site on your lunchbreak then do it!

One person put up a thread for celebration pix and vids as visual aids to help us bask in the glory of what just happened.

I refuse to let it go and keep searching for vids of the top plays to compile in my thread. (If anyone can find a gif or decent youtube clip of their missed fg and post it there I'll give CP's btw.)

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I DVRd the gamed. Ive watched it like 10 times already. The euphoria is fading, naturally, but Im still on cloud 9.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
                              Just watch the clips of Cam flopping on the side lines and throwing a tantrum in the inzone. It will make you feel much better.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X