• Show
Clear All

• Last 7 years under Elway

72-28 regular season record
    13-4 playoff record
    6 straight AFC West championships
    4 time AFC champions
    3 Super Bowl wins

The Mile High Magic has truly returned, and the numbers prove it. From his first pick of Von Miller till the recent signing of Darian Stewart, Elway makes moves every offseason to make our team better.

Next time somebody talks about our window closing, mention that Elway brought us from 4-12 under McDaniels to 5 straight AFC West championships, and a Super Bowl victory.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

He took over in January of 2011, so it's been 5 years. We've been AFC champs twice since we've appeared in 2 Super Bowls and won once. The Broncos have won three Super Bowls in total. 2 of those came in the late 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
      He took over in January of 2011, so it's been 5 years. We've been AFC champs twice since we've appeared in 2 Super Bowls and won once. The Broncos have won three Super Bowls in total. 2 of those came in the late 90s.
      Maybe he's counting 97 98 the last two years he QB as well?
      sigpic

Comment

He added the last two years that Elway played 97 and 98.

It was pretty clear to see what he meant and he is correct....!

Comment

I understood what he was saying too. Just clearing up some facts. He said that we've won the super bowl three times the last seven years. Which would be awesome though haha

Comment

I understood what he was saying too. Just clearing up some facts. He said that we've won the super bowl three times the last seven years. Which would be awesome though haha
            No, he said 3 times in the last 7 years under Elway. Reading is your friend.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Shouldve had a Super bowl title or at least an appearance in 2012 as well, if not for Rahim Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                Shouldve had a Super bowl title or at least an appearance in 2012 as well, if not for Rahim Moore.
                Eh "Rahim the dream"... SMH is she even in the league anymore?

In all fairness had we won the super bowl in 2012, John Fox is probably still the head coach of this team right now. Meaning that we probably don't win an even sweeter Superbowl 50.
                Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-12-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Ya'll need to layoff Bterres lol.

I thought he meant the last 7 years at first too until I read ya'lls comments.

Reading may be his friend but so is non confusing titles. Last 7 years under Elway could've easily meant under his management control.

I get it now with the last two years as a player which becomes obvious with the 3 Super Bowl rings. But still. Just looking at the title a lone can be confusing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Reading may be his friend but so is non confusing titles. Last 7 years under Elway could've easily meant under his management control.

I get it now with the last two years as a player which becomes obvious with the 3 Super Bowl rings. But still. Just looking at the title a lone can be confusing.
                    HEY you guys need to be quicker and stay up with us. If you can't do that then you're gonna get flamed, now get out of the kitchen.

Lol just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I agree with ya DB. I have been posting stats for the last 4 seasons under Elway, so when I saw this info, I was kind of scratching my head at first. I know the last 4 seasons have been amazing, in fact, the best in The NFL. But as I read more of the data, I knew something was out of sync.

So, "reading is your friend" isn't a fair comment. If that be the case, "communicating is your better friend."

Having said that, I am solidly on The Elway Express!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

In all fairness had we won the super bowl in 2012, John Fox is probably still the head coach of this team right now. Meaning that we probably don't win an even sweeter Superbowl 50.
                        Just saw somewhere today that he started in Houston until week 7 then was given the hook. Most likely to be let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

As much as he messed up on that play, it happens and it happens almost every week in The NFL. Not to mention, Rodgers made 2 ridiculous passes at the end of 2 games this season, one that nearly won them a playoff game......and yet you seldom hear about who messed up. I mean, once against a very good Arizona backfield.

So yes, Rahim messed up that play, but it should not define him forever. It probably will, as it defined so many unfair victims - including Billy Buckner of The Red Sox, and that poor young Cubs fan - Steve Bartman, for going for a foul ball that others missed in their attempt.

I say move on. In the end, those who like to attack (not you) those poor folks are much more guilty. It ruins people's lives, and that makes me sick!
                          Last edited by CanDB; 02-13-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            As much as he messed up on that play, it happens and it happens almost every week in The NFL. Not to mention, Rodgers made 2 ridiculous passes at the end of 2 games this season, one that nearly won them a playoff game......and yet you seldom hear about who messed up. I mean, once against a very good Arizona backfield.

So yes, Rahim messed up that play, but it should not define him forever. It probably will, as it defined so many unfair victims - including Billy Buckner of The Red Sox, and that poor young Cubs fan - Steve Bartman, for going for a foul ball that others missed in their attempt.

I say move on. In the end, those who like to attack (not you) those poor folks are much more guilty. It ruins people's lives, and that makes me sick!
                            Umm, no it doesn't. A safety in the NFL in a playoff game does not mess up that badly just about every game. My goodness, that was not tough to defend. Maybe if you have high school jv level talent. At worst, he should have been there to make the tackle. A quality NFL safety does not miss that ball by what seemed like yards. It'd be totally different if he just barely missed because he was beat. But the only one that beat him on that play was himself.

Comment

Elway has done a exceptionally well. He had to clean up some missteps. Look at franchises that have floundered in failure for decades.

The Ravens game should have never got to that point where Rahim blew the coverage. Remember in the 4th quarter we had what a 3rd and 4 or 6 yards - with Manning - Foxy goes conservative and runs. Should have let PM make the call and if nothing there take a sack or throw it away. Could have got a first down and put the game away. I blame that game more on Foxy not Rahim. Besides it's a team game and the entire team let the Ravens stay in that game.

Comment

Working...
                              X