Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArchAngel
    replied
    I am confident Elway, Ellis and Kubiak will be burning the midnight oil figuring out the cap situation and who to keep and who to let walk. I believe they also employee someone who is considered a "cap expert", the name fails me though.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Elway is proving to be an excellent GM in both draft and free agency. He's built this team into a perennial contender, period. Elway is a Bronco to the core and I have the utmost faith that he has the team's best interest in mind.

As far as the Elvis thing; I'd like to remind folks that he and his agent attempted to sand bag in an effort to force Elway to pay the next season's roster bonus - Elway did not fall for it. Instead, he elected to cut him and continue negotiations. This was a shrewd move and the best tactical move to make.

In all, he build 2 SB teams, one SB championship and has a realitively young roster to work with as most of his picks have panned out.

He has a tough offseason ahead, but I have the utmost faith he will field another contender next year and for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Umm (classic cocky response), yes he did mess up, but I see messed up plays every week. And did you not read my examples about Rodgers and his heroics against 2 teams, and one IN THE PLAYOFFS, AND KNOWN FOR THEIR TALENT. And I am a big Rodgers fan, but how come little was said about those "incompetent" DBacks?

Yes, Moore messed up. But it's not something that should be mentioned every time his name comes up.
    Not to mention we fans have a tendency to put the entire game on a play like that. Coaches and players will say after a game that they should have not let the game come down to one play - or one penalty.

Broncos let the Ravens hang around and paid the price. I remember the 3rd and 4 or maybe 6 - Fox was conservative and ran the ball which is usually the right decision however he should have given PM option to call out of the run - if the throw was not there take a sack, throw it away and punt.

I know Rahim made a bad play however the game was not all on him.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Umm, no it doesn't. A safety in the NFL in a playoff game does not mess up that badly just about every game. My goodness, that was not tough to defend. Maybe if you have high school jv level talent. At worst, he should have been there to make the tackle. A quality NFL safety does not miss that ball by what seemed like yards. It'd be totally different if he just barely missed because he was beat. But the only one that beat him on that play was himself.
    Umm (classic cocky response), yes he did mess up, but I see messed up plays every week. And did you not read my examples about Rodgers and his heroics against 2 teams, and one IN THE PLAYOFFS, AND KNOWN FOR THEIR TALENT. And I am a big Rodgers fan, but how come little was said about those "incompetent" DBacks?

Yes, Moore messed up. But it's not something that should be mentioned every time his name comes up.

By the way, that messed up play did not lose the game for us. It didn't help, but we stll had a chance to win. A number of plays hurt us that day.

And FTR, I am not a real Mooore fan, other than I pulled for him as a Bronco.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-13-2016, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    HEY you guys need to be quicker and stay up with us. If you can't do that then you're gonna get flamed, now get out of the kitchen.

Lol just kidding.
    :nono: Not in GD he won't.....

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    The biggest mistake I can think of, is the faxgate fiasco with Dumerville. Both sides, I think, were culpable though.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Elway has done a exceptionally well. He had to clean up some missteps. Look at franchises that have floundered in failure for decades.

The Ravens game should have never got to that point where Rahim blew the coverage. Remember in the 4th quarter we had what a 3rd and 4 or 6 yards - with Manning - Foxy goes conservative and runs. Should have let PM make the call and if nothing there take a sack or throw it away. Could have got a first down and put the game away. I blame that game more on Foxy not Rahim. Besides it's a team game and the entire team let the Ravens stay in that game.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    As much as he messed up on that play, it happens and it happens almost every week in The NFL. Not to mention, Rodgers made 2 ridiculous passes at the end of 2 games this season, one that nearly won them a playoff game......and yet you seldom hear about who messed up. I mean, once against a very good Arizona backfield.

So yes, Rahim messed up that play, but it should not define him forever. It probably will, as it defined so many unfair victims - including Billy Buckner of The Red Sox, and that poor young Cubs fan - Steve Bartman, for going for a foul ball that others missed in their attempt.

I say move on. In the end, those who like to attack (not you) those poor folks are much more guilty. It ruins people's lives, and that makes me sick!
    Umm, no it doesn't. A safety in the NFL in a playoff game does not mess up that badly just about every game. My goodness, that was not tough to defend. Maybe if you have high school jv level talent. At worst, he should have been there to make the tackle. A quality NFL safety does not miss that ball by what seemed like yards. It'd be totally different if he just barely missed because he was beat. But the only one that beat him on that play was himself.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Eh "Rahim the dream"... SMH is she even in the league anymore?

In all fairness had we won the super bowl in 2012, John Fox is probably still the head coach of this team right now. Meaning that we probably don't win an even sweeter Superbowl 50.
    As much as he messed up on that play, it happens and it happens almost every week in The NFL. Not to mention, Rodgers made 2 ridiculous passes at the end of 2 games this season, one that nearly won them a playoff game......and yet you seldom hear about who messed up. I mean, once against a very good Arizona backfield.

So yes, Rahim messed up that play, but it should not define him forever. It probably will, as it defined so many unfair victims - including Billy Buckner of The Red Sox, and that poor young Cubs fan - Steve Bartman, for going for a foul ball that others missed in their attempt.

I say move on. In the end, those who like to attack (not you) those poor folks are much more guilty. It ruins people's lives, and that makes me sick!
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-13-2016, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Blanket24
    replied

In all fairness had we won the super bowl in 2012, John Fox is probably still the head coach of this team right now. Meaning that we probably don't win an even sweeter Superbowl 50.
    Just saw somewhere today that he started in Houston until week 7 then was given the hook. Most likely to be let go.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ya'll need to layoff Bterres lol.

I thought he meant the last 7 years at first too until I read ya'lls comments.

Reading may be his friend but so is non confusing titles. Last 7 years under Elway could've easily meant under his management control.

I get it now with the last two years as a player which becomes obvious with the 3 Super Bowl rings. But still. Just looking at the title a lone can be confusing.
    I agree with ya DB. I have been posting stats for the last 4 seasons under Elway, so when I saw this info, I was kind of scratching my head at first. I know the last 4 seasons have been amazing, in fact, the best in The NFL. But as I read more of the data, I knew something was out of sync.

So, "reading is your friend" isn't a fair comment. If that be the case, "communicating is your better friend."

Having said that, I am solidly on The Elway Express!

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Reading may be his friend but so is non confusing titles. Last 7 years under Elway could've easily meant under his management control.

I get it now with the last two years as a player which becomes obvious with the 3 Super Bowl rings. But still. Just looking at the title a lone can be confusing.
    HEY you guys need to be quicker and stay up with us. If you can't do that then you're gonna get flamed, now get out of the kitchen.

Lol just kidding.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Shouldve had a Super bowl title or at least an appearance in 2012 as well, if not for Rahim Moore.

Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-12-2016, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Shouldve had a Super bowl title or at least an appearance in 2012 as well, if not for Rahim Moore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X