Win From Now On OR Ride The Momentum and Try and Repeat - poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win From Now On OR Ride The Momentum and Try and Repeat - poll

If you had to pick one way or the other for this year (not a balance between them both) which way would you choose?

Ok, it will be interesting to hear how Broncos fans feel about how we go about this offseason.

There are many who say when you have momentum you ride it as hard as you can till it's gone. Life is cycles so make sure you double down hard when the good times come.

Than there is the philosophy of just want to do enough every year to give us a shot while not jeopardizing the future...nothing is done too extreme...consistency is the name of this game and if you give your team a chance to be competitive anything can happen.

I personally would take the Win From Now On approach because I don't think I could handle a few years of Cleveland Browns like status. I think at times we've used a balance of the two philosophies when we had momentum.

But what would you do for this year? (For the sake of the poll there isn't an option for a balance of the two, one or the other)
    Win from Now On approach
    78.57%
    Ride The Momentum and Repeat approach
    21.43%
    Last edited by MarshallMoss; 02-13-2016, 10:25 AM.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

I think Elway's approach is to always keep a winning/competitive organization that can get us into the playoffs and be competititve.
    There are no guarantees once you get into the playoffs.
    Lets enjoy this win and look forward to more winning seasons to come

I have been watching the broncos since i was a small kid in 1970. Most fans here don't realize how lucky we are to be associated to a great organization that will keep us competitive.

Comment

Win from now on. I'd like to see a competitive franchise every year instead of falling to a doormat and laughingstock after the "glory days."
      sigpic

Comment

I picked the second choice as today the first isn't realistic.
        Just look at what happened to us after John retired and the Ravens of late.

It's not like the old days.
        You're gonna be less than Super Bowl caliber for stretches of time.

That said, In John we trust.
        He knows what a QB is, what a QB loves and what a QB hates.

Comment

From now on... This can be a sinking ship. Our team won in spite of Manning this year, he has got to start drafting offense as a higher priority or more good FA picks have gotta be O. Vernon Davis got a charity ring with his contributions. We can do better.

Comment

They can do both.

Lose some pieces on defense not named Von, and re-tool the OL, and have a better offense which should mask the defense not being as good.

Comment

Ride the momentum. Repeat.

Rarely can a team have an elite defense. While unrealistic to retain every player we can tag Von or sign long term deal. Bring Ware back on a restructured "pay for play" snap count - keep him fresh and hopefully injury free. We can keep the core intact with Wolfe signed.

On offense sign Oz to a fair 2 year deal and improve the line - Clady restructures, Myers at RG/RT and draft best lineman available at 31st pick.

Rarely can team repeat and we have the defense now.

Besides doing the above should in no way prevent the Broncos from staying competitive.

Four championships starts to put the Broncos in the company of the 49rs, Steelers, etc.

Comment

I think John owes it to the players to do what he can to keep the core players and contributors on this team together.

He's got 4 deals he needs to make happen for a shot at a repeat, and hes got about 4 deals he needs to do just to keep the team competitive.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Go for the repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    I think John owes it to the players to do what he can to keep the core players and contributors on this team together.

He's got 4 deals he needs to make happen for a shot at a repeat, and hes got about 4 deals he needs to do just to keep the team competitive.
                    Which 4 to repeat?

Which 4 to stay competitive?

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                      Which 4 to repeat?

Which 4 to stay competitive?
                      That was kind of my point, he's gotta make those moves anyway, I don't see the difference between win now and win from now on, if I'm John.
                      But for conversational sake:

restructure clady, colquitt, ware
                      tag von
                      sign malik
                      draft Hogan in the 4th
                      Get Brock on a 2 year front loaded deal
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        That was kind of my point, he's gotta make those moves anyway, I don't see the difference between win now and win from now on, if I'm John.
                        But for conversational sake:

restructure clady, colquitt, ware
                        tag von
                        sign malik
                        draft Hogan in the 4th
                        Get Brock on a 2 year front loaded deal
                        Agree and I like your list.

Comment

Isn't this topic a false dichotomy? I don't see Green Bay or NE making choices between the two because they are well-run, like the Broncos under Elway. Aside from Vernon Davis, I don't think we've been trading away our draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
                            Isn't this topic a false dichotomy? I don't see Green Bay or NE making choices between the two because they are well-run, like the Broncos under Elway. Aside from Vernon Davis, I don't think we've been trading away our draft picks.
                            and a bit easier with ARod and TB. They also count since both were drafted and nobody saw the potential in TB except NE.

Comment

Elway will try to make this team better. It can be done. The defense will remain competitive even with some players leaving in free agency. The offense can easily be upgraded. Another year with Kubiak, a new starting QB with more mobility and arm strength... And the most important change we might see next season: a better RT. After watching again some of the games, it's disturbing how many times Michael Schofield hurt the offense. A serviceable RT would improve this offense by leaps and bounds. We played this season without our two top OTs. And... Elway will have 10 draft picks to work with. That will help. Let's not forget Malik Jackson was a 5th-round pick and Trevathan was a 6th-round pick. Yes, this team can get better overall. We don't have to ride anything, we can upgrade and get ready for another round.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X