Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the earliest we could reasonably release DT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no chance he gets cut, people are making it seem like it's a definite possibility, when the fact is it's not. What we could see is the majority of his salary in 2016 (which is guaranteed) switched over to signing bonus, that will lower his cap number this year and will give the Broncos more room to retain players. That's likely, the chance of them cutting Thomas is very very unlikely, so if you're 100% for it, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by paycheckeffort View Post
      If I had to choose, I'd take sanders over DT without giving it a second thought.
      The good news (although it's not for you) is you don't have to choose, they're both under contract and both will be Broncos in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        The good news (although it's not for you) is you don't have to choose, they're both under contract and both will be Broncos in 2016.
        Yes it's really a lot of to do about nothing. It's fair for people to be disappointed in DT not having an "elite" season. He still had a solid season overall and just needs to take it up another level. I'm optimistic for the offense and DT.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
          I'm not one calling to cut or trade him.

The issue is his perfoemance relative to the contract. An elite contract requires elite play. Take aside the struggles on offense it's as simple as the game vs New England. He dropped what, 12 passes in a row? He held out of drills to get a contract paid as a Top 3 WR - backup your contract. I'll take 8-9 for 13 in that game but not 1-13.

Nobody is perfect but you don't give up on routes and drop 12 "catchable" balls when you have his contract.

As far as Sanders his contract is no where near DT. He's supposed to be the #2 and he plays by far like the #1.

The overall yards don't tell the full story for DT. He dropped passes many times that killed drives - easy passes.

I think we can be reasonable about DT. His play was not worthy of his contract nor was he terrible.

So often we take ridgid positions and the truth sits in the middle.
          Sorry, I was agreeing with your post, but somehow I cut that part off.
          #swapping

Comment

I watched the NFL replay today of the Chiefs game at Arrowhead in week 3.

One thing that stood out to me was his play was much better at that point in the year. Routes were crisper and he was catching balls in traffic.

People only remember the td catch by sanders to tie the game. But DT did all the work that drive with three catches for nearly 50 yards.

And I remember the week before he snagged a ball on a jump over a defender that would've had an easy pick. Then he back pedaled for a TD.

I have two points to make.

1. He made tons of plays this year that lead me to believe he can still be the dominant receiver everyone wants.

2. When he started really performing poorly to me correlates with when the rest of the offense really went in the tank.

I've tried to ignore comments about it but his struggles could correlate to when his mom finally came back into the picture. Which if so I that is something that can easily go away over time.
            Last edited by DenverBlood; 02-14-2016, 05:26 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              Sorry, I was agreeing with your post, but somehow I cut that part off.
              No worry at all

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                I watched the NFL replay today of the Chiefs game at Arrowhead in week 3.

One thing that stood out to me was his play was much better at that point in the year. Routes were crisper and he was catching balls in traffic.

People only remember the td catch by sanders to tie the game. But DT did all the work that drive with three catches for nearly 50 yards.

And I remember the week before he snagged a ball on a jump over a defender that would've had an easy pick. Then he back pedaled for a TD.

I have two points to make.

1. He made tons of plays this year that lead me to believe he can still be the dominant receiver every
                You make a great point. Your observation balances the issues he had in the New England game - and even then he made a great play after 12 drops. There was another game late in the season - Bengals - when he made a one handed snag for a 1st down and he was held by the DB.

If we take a position that he was awful we can find the plays to fit the narrative. If we want to make him top level we can find the plays.

The season was still good with room to be better.

Optimistic he can play at a high level next season. 2915 in the past and all is GREAT! Broncos SB50 Champions!!!
                Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-14-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

This thread is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                  X