How do we build for Super Bowl 51?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we build for Super Bowl 51?

Call me crazy, but I think we have a real shot at Super Bowl 51 if we manage our off-season right.

If we keep the defense we have, keep the two young quarterbacks we have, and upgrade the O-Line to good, I think we're still one of the teams to beat.

Curious to hear what the collective mind here thinks.

My thoughts:

Cuts:
    - Manning can't come back
    - Cut Clady
    - Cut Colquitt
    - Cut Ware unless he takes a substantial pay-cut like Manning did

Re-signs:
    - Try to re-sign Miller for 18-19m per year
    - Try to re-sign Jackson for 10m per year for 4 years
    - Try to keep Trevathan (not sure what the going rate is for ILB)

Offensive Line:
    - Build around the core of Sambrailo (RT), Garcia (G) and Paradis (C)
    - Vasquez is perpetually fighting nagging injuries and has seemed like a fish out of water in ZBS. I think it would be ideal if he was a back-up by the end of training camp.
    - This means we need a stud LT prospect and two stud G prospects
    - Do we hang back in the first round and draft Spriggs? Or should we move up to get Conklin? Moving up to the 12th pick shouldn't be too brutal in terms of lost picks.
    - Who are the two G prospects you guys would grab in the later rounds?

RB:
    - I think we should grab a rb or two to compete with Anderson. Definitely wouldn't draft them earlier than the 4th round.

FA Signings:
    - This is going to sound crazy, but I think we should kick the tires on RG III. If we can sign him for 5m or less, I think we should try it out. He's built for Kubiak's scheme. Koobz has the credibility force of personality to re-mold his play. Could end up being a steal.

- Or we can re-sign Oz. But I wouldn't sign him for more than 6-7m. Make it a 2-year contract so both sides have an out if he knocks it out of the park or flames out.

Curious to hear other people's thoughts.
    Last edited by Jonny_Quest; 02-13-2016, 02:59 PM.

Can't cut Ware. I hope and believe he'd be willing to restructure. When he was out our pass rush was not as dominant as it was easier to double team Von. Need the duo to make it work.

Plus, he's my guy and I have my own personal reasons for wanting him here.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
      Call me crazy
      Hi Crazy.

They will try to restructure Clady. LT is hard to replace and there aren't better options out there at a reasonable price.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        Can't cut Ware. I hope and believe he'd be willing to restructure. When he was out our pass rush was not as dominant as it was easier to double team Von. Need the duo to make it work.

Plus, he's my guy and I have my own personal reasons for wanting him here.
        His leadership intangible should not be overlooked either when considering his value.

Comment

Can't cut aware especially after his play the last month. He showed you what he can do when still healthy.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't want to cut Clady, he should restructure for like half of what he's making now. Keep Ware, hopefully he will be willing to restructure. I know he wouldn't with Dallas, but that team was going nowhere. Hopefully he is willing to restructure now that he is with a legit championship contendor team.

NO TO RG3!!!! He is an injury prone diva who relied solely on his athleticism, didn't bother studying the playbook. Now he doesn't even have his athleticism anymore. Absolutely no reason to sign him

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
              His leadership intangible should not be overlooked either when considering his value.
              Yup, I've been saying this all year. What he's done to help Von grow up and become more mature has been invaluable. His impact on the younger guys is second to none.
              Last edited by broncoslover115; 02-13-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Manning needs to quietly retire - some may be surprised by what unfolds with the HGH investigation. Now the UT story on the radar. Move on.

Cut Colquitt.

Restructure Clady's contract - start low. He made the first move by offering to restructure because he knows his value is lower. Draft - go for best football player (Von) - need a G or T for line. We signed Myers late season and he can be developed to complete to start.

QB - try to get Oz at a reasonable 2 year deal. Blaine Gabbert is a value - he played well in 8 games behind the 29th ranked O line in SF. Above comment about RG3 - if Elway can figure out if he's changed his tune on dedication to football acumen, studying defenses, etc. then consider him - he can be signed for a deep discount. No matter what we do at QB - everything starts at the line.

Love Trevathan - he's injury prone and if push came to shove would let him go to help sign Malik.

Ware - see if he will restructure for a "pay for play" with fewer snaps. Like the comment above about the intangible leadership. Less snaps keeps him fresh.

Bruton - really appreciate what he offers - toughness (Pitt game played with fracture). His "length" presents issues for QBs when we play zone - INT in Detroit game.

We do need a RB - Forte? I've not followed him closely this year.

If we fix the O line then We should be able to get a RB later in the draft to go behind CJ. Only concern about CJ - he plays so tough he gets banged up pretty easily - need to split the workload.

Comment

We are deep at LB as much as I like Trevathan and I want to keep him, he might be let go to free agency

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
                    We are deep at LB as much as I like Trevathan and I want to keep him, he might be let go to free agency
                    Wouldn't it be cool if there was an incentive for #1 defense/offense - get to keep 1 UFA on a contract for one year outside of the cap. Sort of like the franchise tag but a reward for best unit.

Comment

Hopefully we can get Ware and Clady to restructure. Having Ware was a key to our success on defense. Having Sambraillo and a healthy Clady will drastically improve our O-line.

I'm a huge Travathan fan, and I hope he can stay as well, but I think that keeping Osweiler will probably result in him leaving.

Jackson is as good as gone, unless Elway can work some magic.

.....KEEP BRUTON!

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                        Now if he would only do something about Talib's fingers.......

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          Now if he would only do something about Talib's fingers.......
                          Haha! Makes you wonder what he's said to Talib on such things, wouldn't you love to hear that?

Comment

Cutting a leader like Ware who clearly elevated the play of players around him with his speeches this season? Not in a million years. I will be extremely disappointed if that happens.

I don't think we will be able to keep Malik Jackson, unfortunately. Just please, no AFCW teams!
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Malik's probably gone. DL draft is wayyyy too deep and there's some cheaper value types.

Brock depends if hes getting crazy offers.

Von tagged.

I'd try to keep Danny but as always, depends on price.

Bruton i'd bring back, did well vs TE's, the miracle heave to Gronk doesnt happen with him.

I'd also try to re-sign Brandon Marshall, borderline elite. Tender CJ, Paradis, McManus, Fowler, etc.

Cuts/restrctures.

Manning should retire, physically just cant do it anymore, if not Elway will cut him.

I'd cut Clady personally.

I'd bring back Ware but on a reduced number.

Cut Vazquez and sign a better G in FA or keep Mathis for 1 year.

Colquitt did well in the playoffs but does have a high cap #.

Outside FA's depends how much money Elway has to play with, gonna be an interesting offseason though.

Comment

Working...
                              X