Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First team to play in 10 super bowls?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First team to play in 10 super bowls?

    So we are now in a four way tie with 8 super bowl appearances, tied with Dallas, Pittsburgh & New England. San Francisco has 6 & nobody else more than 5.

    So who will be the first to make it to the big game 10 times? To be the first team in history to say we played in 10 super bowls would be something special & historical.
    47
    Denver
    78.72%
    37
    Dallas
    2.13%
    1
    Pittsburgh
    6.38%
    3
    New England
    12.77%
    6
    Other
    0.00%
    0
    sigpic

  • #2
    It'll probably be New England with Brady and Belicheat
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know about San Francisco but I'm pretty sure pittsburgh has six Super Bowl victories if that's what you meant

      I think Tom Brady may be on his way out so unless he goes to two more Super Bowls in the next three years he doesn't make it to that number before us andI think Denver has a better shot if we keep our defense intact.
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-16-2016, 06:03 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        I don't know about San Francisco but I'm pretty sure pittsburgh has six Super Bowl victories if that's what you meant

        I think Tom Brady may be on his way out so unless he goes to two more Super Bowls in the next three years he doesn't make it to that number before us andI think Denver has a better shot if we keep our defense intact.
        No that is not what i meant, i was talking about appearances not wins...pretty sure that's what i said
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I voted for Denver because it's the right thing to do. Lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Anyone but Dallas. They won't be sniffing a SB for a long time. I'm not sure the Patriots have much longer. I see Brady playing a max 3 more seasons, but probably more like 2. I don't see them getting 2 SB berths in that time, and they won't be the same once Brady retires. Pittsburgh is possible but I don't find Tomlin to be the type of coach that can do anything other than be a glorified cheerleader.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              well I expect us to be in 2 SB's in the next 3 years. So it will be us.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                It'll probably be New England with Brady and Belicheat
                Nah..the NFL cant afford that one.. to many fans would be turned off and quite watching the NFL because its a documented fact now that the Pats cheat.. I am going o record now and saying the Pats wont see another SB w/ Belichick / Brady.. Pitt as much as I hate it but imo will be the one..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                  Nah..the NFL cant afford that one.. to many fans would be turned off and quite watching the NFL because its a documented fact now that the Pats cheat.. I am going o record now and saying the Pats wont see another SB w/ Belichick / Brady.. Pitt as much as I hate it but imo will be the one..
                  What does can't afford it have to do with anything? Don't tell me you are one of the ones who believe the NFL is actually rigged.

                  I mean the Pats have been cheating since 04. And by your logic they shouldn't have been to the past two Super Bowls they went to since spygate was discovered after the 16-0 season.

                  Let's face it outside of us what team in the AFC is going to keep them out of the SB? No one else is really equipped to do it. I mean Cincy, Indy? Yeah right.

                  And we lost Peyton. I mean I do think with this defense intact it doesn't take an elite QB to keep us on top. But if we don't do it I wouldn't bet on anyone else but New England until Brady retires.

                  Common wisdom is you pick them until they aren't in it anymore.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Obviously I voted Denver

                    A fellow Bronco fan and I were talking today about the amount of luck it takes to get to the SB. Staying healthy at the right time being the most important. Did anybody else notice Brady limping when he was named MVP along with the others before the game? Two weeks later he was still beat up, he would have been easy pickings for Carolina if we'd managed to screw that up in the AFCCG and NE had gone on to represent the AFC.

                    What if Seattle hadn't showed up asleep in the Divisional round? What if Minnesota makes the field goal, What if Ne makes the extra point, what if??? See what I MEAN?
                    [sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      What does can't afford it have to do with anything? Don't tell me you are one of the ones who believe the NFL is actually rigged.

                      I mean the Pats have been cheating since 04. And by your logic they shouldn't have been to the past two Super Bowls they went to since spygate was discovered after the 16-0 season.

                      Let's face it outside of us what team in the AFC is going to keep them out of the SB? No one else is really equipped to do it. I mean Cincy, Indy? Yeah right.

                      And we lost Peyton. I mean I do think with this defense intact it doesn't take an elite QB to keep us on top. But if we don't do it I wouldn't bet on anyone else but New England until Brady retires.

                      Common wisdom is you pick them until they aren't in it anymore.
                      Pittsburgh definitely has the talent. Ravens do too when every one of their starters are not on the IR. I also believe that NE is void of a lot of talent. I think Belicheat has gotten a little bit too cocky in his system. The last few years Denver has had superior talent across the board.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        What does can't afford it have to do with anything? Don't tell me you are one of the ones who believe the NFL is actually rigged.

                        I mean the Pats have been cheating since 04. And by your logic they shouldn't have been to the past two Super Bowls they went to since spygate was discovered after the 16-0 season.

                        Let's face it outside of us what team in the AFC is going to keep them out of the SB? No one else is really equipped to do it. I mean Cincy, Indy? Yeah right.

                        And we lost Peyton. I mean I do think with this defense intact it doesn't take an elite QB to keep us on top. But if we don't do it I wouldn't bet on anyone else but New England until Brady retires.

                        Common wisdom is you pick them until they aren't in it anymore.
                        The NFL is a billion dollar business on its own , throw Vegas in and its a trillion dollar business.. Did you know 2 weeks before the SB 42.6 billion not million but billion was bet on the SB..Indeed , the NFL cant afford for the Pats to be anywhere near it anytime soon. Imo the Jets will be making a push and w/ Rob joining his brother w/ the Bills , they will stand a chance. Let it play out..For what its worth I was the one posting months ago that Peyton would be back and he would be the one leading the Broncos in SB 50..I was right then .. Oh and to answer your thing on my logic..no that has nothing to do with my logic because the article came out 2 days AFTER the judge who was friends w/ Kraft let Brady off the hook..Difference before that ESPN article , it was a whisper that they cheated now its been proven.. kinda funny how shortly after that Goodell who was linked to knowing ALL about returned 6 million doallrs to the Vets that he charged to wave the flags at the stadiums all these years.. Again its business and the Pats at this time are bad business .. just saying.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                          The NFL is a billion dollar business on its own , throw Vegas in and its a trillion dollar business.. Did you know 2 weeks before the SB 42.6 billion not million but billion was bet on the SB..Indeed , the NFL cant afford for the Pats to be anywhere near it anytime soon. Imo the Jets will be making a push and w/ Rob joining his brother w/ the Bills , they will stand a chance. Let it play out..For what its worth I was the one posting months ago that Peyton would be back and he would be the one leading the Broncos in SB 50..I was right then .. Oh and to answer your thing on my logic..no that has nothing to do with my logic because the article came out 2 days AFTER the judge who was friends w/ Kraft let Brady off the hook..Difference before that ESPN article , it was a whisper that they cheated now its been proven.. kinda funny how shortly after that Goodell who was linked to knowing ALL about returned 6 million doallrs to the Vets that he charged to wave the flags at the stadiums all these years.. Again its business and the Pats at this time are bad business .. just saying.

                          It was actually only $4.2 billion bet on the Super Bowl, not $42 billion. Still a lot, and still a record amount, but a big difference.

                          Also, only about $134 million of that was bet in Nevada (Las Vegas in particular). The other $4 billion plus was bet through other avenues. (Offshore books, illegal online gambling, etc...)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                            It was actually only $4.2 billion bet on the Super Bowl, not $42 billion. Still a lot, and still a record amount, but a big difference.

                            Also, only about $134 million of that was bet in Nevada (Las Vegas in particular). The other $4 billion plus was bet through other avenues. (Offshore books, illegal online gambling, etc...)
                            I read 42... I had to look at 3xs cause I was like Get out ..my 1st thought was that money could help w/ the US deficit..haha Either way my point was w/ Vegas it goes from million to billion.. Besides I think people would rather watch paint dry then keep dealing w/ the Patriots..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                              I read 42... I had to look at 3xs cause I was like Get out ..my 1st thought was that money could help w/ the US deficit..haha Either way my point was w/ Vegas it goes from million to billion.. Besides I think people would rather watch paint dry then keep dealing w/ the Patriots..
                              Yea I realized it was semantics I just wanted to clear it up. As mind blowing as the total is, it's even crazier that only a small percentage of it is bet legally in Las Vegas. It's a common misconception that Vegas is where all of the gambling happens. Lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X