First team to play in 10 super bowls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Yea I realized it was semantics I just wanted to clear it up. As mind blowing as the total is, it's even crazier that only a small percentage of it is bet legally in Las Vegas. It's a common misconception that Vegas is where all of the gambling happens. Lol
    Right..lol I wish I had the nerve to bet.. I have gotten good at the PR of the NFL so I can call a lot of the games before they are played but I just don't have the guts to put money on it.. I don't get that whole over under thing.. I know a little bit but about said points go to underdog but its to confusing ..think I will stick with my scratch offs..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
      Right..lol I wish I had the nerve to bet.. I have gotten good at the PR of the NFL so I can call a lot of the games before they are played but I just don't have the guts to put money on it.. I don't get that whole over under thing.. I know a little bit but about said points go to underdog but its to confusing ..think I will stick with my scratch offs..lol
      I bet quite a bit, on almost all sports but mainly football. I usually have anywhere between 10 and 15 bets per week during the season between college and pros. I win more than I lose, and I actually finished the season on fire.

With all of the prop bets, I had a total of 13 different bets on the Super Bowl and won 10 of them. Not to shabby haha.

The point spreads and over/under can seem confusing but it's really very simple. A couple weeks in Vegas and you'd be a pro.

Comment

Nah, DeBartolo spreads his bets around to different sources. Y'know Eddie Jr., right? Former 49'er owner, tied in with illegal gambling in Louisiana, forced to give up ownership of the team, soon-to-be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame? Yeah, that Eddie.
        --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Brady will retire soon and when he does NE will not see a Super Bowl again until they find another franchise QB...least under Belicheat. Maybe they get two more under Brady...but I doubt it.

Pitt I wonder if maybe Big Ben can do it. Tomlin is a good coach. They probably the 2nd most likely.

Dallas is always better than they think they are. Unless they get lucky again with another Hershall Walker type trade do not see them doing what they did in the 90s again.

Elway has shown he can put a good team on the field year in and year out. Think the Broncos has as much claim to it as anyone.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The NFL is a billion dollar business on its own , throw Vegas in and its a trillion dollar business.. Did you know 2 weeks before the SB 42.6 billion not million but billion was bet on the SB..Indeed , the NFL cant afford for the Pats to be anywhere near it anytime soon. Imo the Jets will be making a push and w/ Rob joining his brother w/ the Bills , they will stand a chance. Let it play out..For what its worth I was the one posting months ago that Peyton would be back and he would be the one leading the Broncos in SB 50..I was right then .. Oh and to answer your thing on my logic..no that has nothing to do with my logic because the article came out 2 days AFTER the judge who was friends w/ Kraft let Brady off the hook..Difference before that ESPN article , it was a whisper that they cheated now its been proven.. kinda funny how shortly after that Goodell who was linked to knowing ALL about returned 6 million doallrs to the Vets that he charged to wave the flags at the stadiums all these years.. Again its business and the Pats at this time are bad business .. just saying.
            That's ridiculous. 85% of bettors were on the Patriots in the AFCCG. I think fans can stomach them making another one if it earns them money. And again unless the NFL is betting on games then you have failed to convince me how the NFL can't afford them making another one. Last year 140 million viewers tuned in to watch the Pats SB compared to only 112 for us this year. Like it or not the NFL makes more money when the Pats make it than us.

I read 42... I had to look at 3xs cause I was like Get out ..my 1st thought was that money could help w/ the US deficit..haha Either way my point was w/ Vegas it goes from million to billion.. Besides I think people would rather watch paint dry then keep dealing w/ the Patriots..
            Lol at 42 billion making a dent on a trillion dollar deficit.
            sigpic

Comment

Pitt and Denver clearly have the best chance here. Roethlisraper isn't too old, and Denver has put together good drafts since Elway has take over. Denver has the young talent to keep this train rolling along!
              Karl Mecklenburg 77 should be in the HOF!!

Comment

Originally posted by stick77 View Post
                Pitt and Denver clearly have the best chance here. Roethlisraper isn't too old, and Denver has put together good drafts since Elway has take over. Denver has the young talent to keep this train rolling along!
                People keep saying Pitt but they have a history of not being able to beat New England. Their defense isn't good enough as evident in week 1. Which was prior to all of the Steelers injuries.

I still argue that outside of our defense no one else is positioned to end the Pats AFC dominance anytime soon.
                sigpic

Comment

It shall be us, and I declare we shall we in the next 2 thus giving us a 5-5 SB record as a franchise. We will best the Cowboyss next year, via decimating PIT in the AFCCG. Then we will be the first 3-Peat by an OT thriller against GB. After that, there will be a quiet, but dominant lull. Where we are constantly in the mix, but just shy of #11. Then #11 comes in 2022.
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    People keep saying Pitt but they have a history of not being able to beat New England. Their defense isn't good enough as evident in week 1. Which was prior to all of the Steelers injuries.

I still argue that outside of our defense no one else is positioned to end the Pats AFC dominance anytime soon.
                    Pitt's D was playing better at the end of the year. Their secondary needs an upgrade. I would think father time would catch up with NE at some point, but their division is weak. Still though unless they make it the next two years in a row, it might be a while. It could be a while for all of them, you never know. Look for Cincy to possible step up next year.

Comment

Pitt's D was playing better at the end of the year. Their secondary needs an upgrade. I would think father time would catch up with NE at some point, but their division is weak. Still though unless they make it the next two years in a row, it might be a while. It could be a while for all of them, you never know. Look for Cincy to possible step up next year.
                      Their secondary wasn't better. They played weaker competition. Browns and Ravens and they lost to the Ravens with Schaub.

Then playoffs they caught McCarron instead of Dalton and a super aged Manning. And their divison isn't weak when they have Cincy in it. It's as strong as ours.

New England has as easy of a division as it gets. Which is why outside of us they always have the 1 seed meaning everyone you mention has to go to Foxborough to win.

I voted for us because like someone else said it's the right thing to do. But outside of us I could easily see the Pats in the next two.
                      sigpic

Comment

Their secondary wasn't better. They played weaker competition. Browns and Ravens and they lost to the Ravens with Schaub.

Then playoffs they caught McCarron instead of Dalton and a super aged Manning. And their divison isn't weak when they have Cincy in it. It's as strong as ours.

New England has as easy of a division as it gets. Which is why outside of us they always have the 1 seed meaning everyone you mention has to go to Foxborough to win.

I voted for us because like someone else said it's the right thing to do. But outside of us I could easily see the Pats in the next two.
                        I refer you to my previous post. Their secondary needs an upgrade. I said NE's division was weak, not Pitt. Also, doesn't Roethlisberger garner some of the blame for losing to Schaub? He played HORRIBLE!

Comment

I refer you to my previous post. Their secondary needs an upgrade. I said NE's division was weak, not Pitt. Also, doesn't Roethlisberger garner some of the blame for losing to Schaub? He played HORRIBLE!
                          Yeah my bad. I accidentally combined sentences and missed the change from Pitt to NE. So we agree on that. Which is why I think they have good odds to reach 10 first. They are always guaranteed a top 3 seed due to their division and it usually is 1 or 2.

And yes the offense was horrible on the road for Pitt. Which is all the more reason I don't see how anyone can see them as a threat to the Pats to keep them out of the SB.
                          sigpic

Comment

Father time will end the Pats dominance soon enough with Brady 38 I think Belicheck may soon ride off into the sunset with Tom also.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              It shall be us, and I declare we shall we in the next 2 thus giving us a 5-5 SB record as a franchise. We will best the Cowboyss next year, via decimating PIT in the AFCCG. Then we will be the first 3-Peat by an OT thriller against GB. After that, there will be a quiet, but dominant lull. Where we are constantly in the mix, but just shy of #11. Then #11 comes in 2022.
                              I like this Floss. Can you put your declaration in writing please so it shall become a reality. Well, I guess you already did, so let's say make it a more formal declaration and put it on a scroll. And when the season starts in Sept it shall be read for all the league to be put on notice and to not get in our way. Thanks!
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
                                Nah, DeBartolo spreads his bets around to different sources. Y'know Eddie Jr., right? Former 49'er owner, tied in with illegal gambling in Louisiana, forced to give up ownership of the team, soon-to-be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame? Yeah, that Eddie.
                                Don't even get me started on DeBartolo and his darling of the league 80's 9ers. Year after year of cupcake schedules, constantly buying SB's in free agency which in part resulted in the 1994 salary cap, and found so deep into illegal gambling that he's forced to give up ownership then "somehow" becomes a member of the HoF. Not to mention settling out of court in 1992 on a sexual assault case for $200k. National Felons League doesn't only refer to players. Ya, "Mr D" is the salt of the earth and the pride of the NFL.

I'm like you Grandpa and have 2 favorite teams. But mine are the Broncos and whoever plays the 9ers
                                "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                                PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                                LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                                X