First team to play in 10 super bowls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Don't even get me started on DeBartolo and his darling of the league 80's 9ers. Year after year of cupcake schedules, constantly buying SB's in free agency which in part resulted in the 1994 salary cap, and found so deep into illegal gambling that he's forced to give up ownership then "somehow" becomes a member of the HoF. Not to mention settling out of court in 1992 on a sexual assault case for $200k. National Felons League doesn't only refer to players. Ya, "Mr D" is the salt of the earth and the pride of the NFL.

I'm like you Grandpa and have 2 favorite teams. But mine are the Broncos and whoever plays the 9ers
    Yeah; Pete Rose should have played football instead of baseball, huh? He'd be in the HoF without anyone clamoring for an asterisk.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Denver of course, next question. 🙌
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        It'll probably be New England with Brady and Belicheat
        As long as Wade Phillips is Denver's DC, I think not.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
          Father time will end the Pats dominance soon enough with Brady 38 I think Belicheck may soon ride off into the sunset with Tom also.
          I agree. Belicheat will retire the minute Tommy Boy does. I don't think the cheatriots will sniff another Super Bowl for many years. Unless they find a new way to cheat that is.
          :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
            Yeah; Pete Rose should have played football instead of baseball, huh? He'd be in the HoF without anyone clamoring for an asterisk.
            Shoot, they probably would've elected Charlie Hustle the commissioner of the NFL
            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Since i posed the question, here is a little perspective on this topic...Dallas was the first team to make it 5 times & they did that in the first 13 super bowls, Minnesota played in 4 of the first 11 but hasn't been back since.

Miami had made it 5 times in the first 19 but hasn't been close in the 30 years since.

By comparison 7 of our 8 super bowls have come over the last 30 years, all 8 of New Englands have come in the past 30 years & 7 of those 8 in the past 20 years.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                It'll probably be New England with Brady and Belicheat
                Brady may not have as much time left as people think.

He's lately looked like he could play until he's 50, but as someone far north of 50, I can tell you that the body just stops cooperating in certain ways around 40. Doesn't matter how obsessively perfect your diet is or you conditioning is or anything else. I skiied hard blacks with my sons into my late forties, but I reached a point where I started going for easier blacks and mostly blues. I told my sons, "When you guys take a spill you go boeing and bounce right up. These days I just go THUD."

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
                  Absolutely .. haha Dang all that poor dude was bet against his team,,haha I love Pete Rose..hes a total goof inn a funny way.

Comment

Pittsburg was my vote. They and the Broncos have the best track record with multi-coaches going to multiple SB's. They have a SB QB and SB HC right now... and Big Ben has more years left in him then Brady.
                    Crazy to think about 48% of all SB's have had Pitts, NE or Den.

KC, SD, Ten, Bal, Clev, Cincy, NYJ, Jags and Texans have been to a combined 9.
                    sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

If we're able to keep the defense intact, Broncos will be in the next 2 Super Bowls.. so the easy answer is Denver.

Comment

Working...
                      X