O-Line? Clady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Line? Clady?

Does everyone want Clady back? I'm good with Ty at LT and Schofield at RT. Good young O-line in the works! Paradis, Garcia, Ty, and Schofield. I like it.
    Karl Mecklenburg 77 should be in the HOF!!

I would restructure Clady and keep him at left tackle. Move Schofield to LG where I think he is a better fit. Keep Paradis at center think he did a good job. Cut Vasquez and put Garcia at RG. Sambrailo than takes over right tackle. Draft a Tackle and Gaurd in the draft for backup duties.

So your line would be Clady-Schofield-Paradis-Garcia-Sambrailo
    sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
    UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

I would be ok with Clady back at a much lower contract value. I think he is losing his negotiation ability league wide due to his injuries. It shouldn't cost us over $10 mil to bring him back. Preferably below $7-8 mil.

As for Schoefield no way do I ever want to see that man play at RT on this team ever again. He might be the worst I have ever seen on this team at RT.

He may be better suited for interior like 58broncomaniac said. But if he is our starting RT again next year I will be very disappointed in Elway.
      sigpic

Comment

Ty at LT, Garcia at LG, Paradis at C, Ryan Harris at RT.

RG is a question mark. I dont see Vasquez playing much longer if at all for Denver.

Mathis should retire, I think he already did last season but didnt tell anyone.

And finally Clady, we cant trust him! I know he cant help if hes injured but perhaps he just isnt in football shape anymore at the ripe old age of 28.

Denver should cut their losses with him and move on with the youthful Sambralio who is in better shape and less risk of injury because of that youth.

Cut Clady, trade him for a pack smokes or perhaps a bic lighter...
        We went to two superbowls without him. We dont need his salary cap number...
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-17-2016, 08:42 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I think everyone is too hard on Schofield. 2nd year player who stepped in and played well. Had a couple bad games, Oakland for sure. You didn't hear his name mentioned once in the playoffs, he played well. Watch the tape, played much better than given credit for.

Comment

Schofield was dreadful THROUGH OUT the season AND post season. The times he held up was when help was sent his way in the form of a tight end to help block. He has NO business in the NFL. Same with Ryan Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
              Schofield was dreadful THROUGH OUT the season AND post season. The times he held up was when help was sent his way in the form of a tight end to help block. He has NO business in the NFL. Same with Ryan Harris.

Clearly I don't agree. Schofield will be playing on this line again, whether it be at RT or G which he started 10 games at G in college. Harris was brought in for depth, and had to man up and play LT due to injuries. Has played RT his whole career. If he was able to play at RT all year, he would've been fine. Be glad our depth was good enough to get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by stick77 View Post
                Does everyone want Clady back? I'm good with Ty at LT and Schofield at RT. Good young O-line in the works! Paradis, Garcia, Ty, and Schofield. I like it.
                Having Clady, Sambrailo, and Schofield as our top 3 tackles is a very dubious proposition, imo. I will be shocked if Elway doesn't address either LT or RT this offseason.

Comment

Clearly I don't agree. Schofield will be playing on this line again, whether it be at RT or G which he started 10 games at G in college. Harris was brought in for depth, and had to man up and play LT due to injuries. Has played RT his whole career. If he was able to play at RT all year, he would've been fine. Be glad our depth was good enough to get the job done.
                  Our O-line didn't get the job done. We won in spite of it. It was carried all year by the D, just like the rest of our wretched offense.
                  Last edited by gerontion; 02-17-2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                    Our O-line didn't get the job done. It was carried all year by the D, just like the rest of our wretched offense.
                    The offense didn't have problem moving the ball this year. They did have a problem scoring TD's, finishing!

Comment

The offense didn't have problem moving the ball this year. They did have a problem scoring TD's, finishing!
                      Who cares about moving the ball if you can't score, or if you're held to field goals all the time? The fact is our offense was horrible, and the O-line was a big reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                        Who cares about moving the ball if you can't score, or if you're held to field goals all the time? The fact is our offense was horrible, and the O-line was a big reason why.
                        You clearly don't see the BIG picture or understand that the offense wasn't able to be fully implemented because of Manning's decreasing abilities. Kubiak will right the ship with his young O-line and Osweiler!

Comment

I think everyone is too hard on Schofield. 2nd year player who stepped in and played well. Had a couple bad games, Oakland for sure. You didn't hear his name mentioned once in the playoffs, he played well. Watch the tape, played much better than given credit for.
                          Please don't get confused with appearing to playing better and actually playing better. HE was given help for nearly the entire game on his side of the ball.

Comment

You clearly don't see the BIG picture or understand that the offense wasn't able to be fully implemented because of Manning's decreasing abilities. Kubiak will right the ship with his young O-line and Osweiler!
                            Elway need to re-tool this Oline and in a big way....and fast. When the field shortened (AKA red zone) our line doesn't have the overall mass to bully our opponents. In fact it was the other way around. Manning or Oz it was a very similar result. We need to get guys who are angry and likely a big larger. We have become a gritty team and that is OK we just need some final pieces to get us there.

Comment

I agree with some of this but not all. Harris played better at LT then he did at RT. I never thought I'd say that. Schofield struggled a ton at RT but he does have the mobility and size to potentially be a good to great guard. So do I think we will see Schofield at RT again...only if we are desperate. Will he be on our team....possibly.

Comment

Working...
                              X