O-Line? Clady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Please don't get confused with appearing to playing better and actually playing better. HE was given help for nearly the entire game on his side of the ball.
    All I'm saying is that he started 13 games in the regular season. First time starter. You didn't hear his name until the Oakland game, yes that was bad! Look and see what other teams have on their OL and be glad with what you have. And the help you speak of, it's called game planning, and play calling. Everything they do sets up something else. Would be dumb to let the other team know to just line up and rush past my tackles every play. Just ask Carolina how that worked out in the Super Bowl.
    Karl Mecklenburg 77 should be in the HOF!!

Comment

Originally posted by stick77 View Post
      You clearly don't see the BIG picture or understand that the offense wasn't able to be fully implemented because of Manning's decreasing abilities. Kubiak will right the ship with his young O-line and Osweiler!
      Wow. The guy who says the problem with out offense was that it didn't score touchdowns is accusing me of not seeing the big picture. Mkay.

Comment

I'd like to see an O-line next year of:

Ryan Clady // Evan Mathis // Matt Paradis // Max Garcia // Mitchell Schwartz

Swing Tackle = Ty Sambrailo

Comment

Does everyone want Clady back? I'm good with Ty at LT and Schofield at RT. Good young O-line in the works! Paradis, Garcia, Ty, and Schofield. I like it.
          Yes I want Clady back.

When healthy he's been a beast and our best o-linemen...especially his years in the old ZBS system which will be fully installed again next season.

Schofield, on the other hand, I would not be opposed to him NEVER dawning a Denver Broncos uniform again..

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
            Wow. The guy who says the problem with out offense was that it didn't score touchdowns is accusing me of not seeing the big picture. Mkay.
            That was a problem because of Manning's abilities. I believe everyone saw that. And I never thought I would say that an offense was worse off for having Manning on the field.

Comment

Clay has not put up better than average tape for almost 4 years, time to move on.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                Elway need to re-tool this Oline and in a big way....and fast. When the field shortened (AKA red zone) our line doesn't have the overall mass to bully our opponents. In fact it was the other way around. Manning or Oz it was a very similar result. We need to get guys who are angry and likely a big larger. We have become a gritty team and that is OK we just need some final pieces to get us there.
                They aren't going to get bigger and larger though. Zone scheme built for athletic lineman. Big in height, but not in bulk. Elway thrived in it, and Kubiak loves it. I love Manning, but an athletic QB can only help the offensive woes from this year. I agree they will draft OL for depth and competition.

Comment

I would work on a serious OL make over.

The coaches know whats up and will work with the front office to get a better OL.

My actions

Clady takes serious pay cut or we cut him. This happens soon so we can pursue other free agents if Clady thinks he too good for the pay cut. We may not be able to move on from Clady this year but he is hurt too much....we should move on imo sooner or later.

If the coaches think Vaz can be a good player keep him. We will not find many good guards at 4m this year (amount saved if we cut Vaz considering dead money)

Ty will play RT or LT depending on what happens with Clady or his replacement.

Schoff competes with Garcia for other guard.

If we need to cut Vaz and Clady we probably in for another bad year of OL play....if it has to happen get it over with and get the rebuilding started.

Try to trade for a real solid OT if at all possible. Exact comp depends on exactly what we getting.

Draft 2-3 OL.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Also, if any of the Joe Thomas talk is real, this is a completely different conversation.

Comment

Clearly I don't agree. Schofield will be playing on this line again, whether it be at RT or G which he started 10 games at G in college. Harris was brought in for depth, and had to man up and play LT due to injuries. Has played RT his whole career. If he was able to play at RT all year, he would've been fine. Be glad our depth was good enough to get the job done.
                      I agree with this, 100%.

First, at the beginning of the season I thought Clady should be cut at the end of the year. And then the reality of NOT having Clady set in. The Broncos need to determine if Clady is 100% healthy (lisfranc and knee), and if he is, renegotiate his Contract, which even Clady has said he is amenable to doing, and bring him back. Move Sambrailo to RT AFTER he gets healthy which is likely to not happen before the season starts. Move Harris to RT to compete with Sambrailo and Schofield until Sambrailo has had time to get his upper body strength back.

As Stick77 said, Ryan Harris was brought in as a backup at RT. And then he was thrown into the fire at LT. I thought he played as well as Clady had in 2014, coming off his Lisfranc injury. And Harris deserves some props for what he did in the form of the Broncos throwing him a bone. Move him back to RT where he can compete with Sambrailo (when he gets healthy) and Schofield.

And this Forum has been so predictable. It has to have a "whipping boy". If it wasn't bashing Manning, Daniels, Hillman, or DT, it was bashing Schofield. There's a reason that this team didn't make a permanent switch to Polumbus after the San Diego game where osweiler and Schofield were benched. It's because, notwithstanding the opinions of "fans" on a message board, the coaches wanted to play our best option at RT. Was Schofield great? No. Was he average? In several games he was average. Schofield got the "trial by fire", and I expect him to be a lot better next season. Would I leave him on an island when we play against Oakland and Khalil Mack again? Obviously, no.

I'd keep Vasquez, and replace Mathis with Garcia. And then I would scour the FA market, and I'd have my scouts weeding through possible Draft Picks with the idea of moving up in the 1st Round if the opportunity arises, as we did when we moved up to get Shane Rey. We've been ignoring the OL for far too long, and yet we just won the Super Bowl. Time to make some changes in attitude.

Comment

I think everyone is too hard on Schofield. 2nd year player who stepped in and played well. Had a couple bad games, Oakland for sure. You didn't hear his name mentioned once in the playoffs, he played well. Watch the tape, played much better than given credit for.
                        I honestly have no clue what you watched. Schofield got a lot of help against the Steelers from the TE and the back. The body of work this season tells me that he can't play OT in this league. He is not strong enough and not athletic enough. I think the guy plays hard, but just doesn't have it, at least not on the outside. He might be good at guard. He played some in college.

Comment

Oselmele should be our #1 FA target. Was a monster when Kubiak was the Ocord in Baltimore, received positive grades at LT. His signing would allow us to go into camp penciling in Ty at LT and if it did not work out, move Osemele to LT while we develop a draft pick. Why pay Clady 5-7M a year, when you can pay Osemele 8.5M or so?
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                            Schofield was dreadful THROUGH OUT the season AND post season. The times he held up was when help was sent his way in the form of a tight end to help block. He has NO business in the NFL. Same with Ryan Harris.
                            I think Scho is a depth guy... Having Scho and Harris as depth is the best case scenario.

I think we still explore a trade for Joe Thomas. Maybe sign Osmele... With the potential comp picks coming next year... We could trade out 1st. And if we lose Brock and Malik... We should earmark out free agent cash for OT.

Otherwise, re-structure Clady. Draft a OT early... Let the pick compete with TY for the RT job.

Paradis is a lock. He was GREAT in the SB.

I would keep Mathis or Vazquez. Vaz doesn't fit our scheme as much, so I would cut him (if it helped the cap situation). I wouldn't break bank on Mathis... But if he would come cheap... Cool... Otherwise look for another G in free agency.

LT - Clady (or Joe Thomas)
                            OC - Paradis

I think you start with these givens and then go from there...

Ty and Garcia (with conpetiton) for the right side...

Mathis or free agent at LG.
                            Last edited by fraguela09; 02-17-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

The offense didn't have problem moving the ball this year. They did have a problem scoring TD's, finishing!
                              244 total yards against NE
                              194 total yards against the Panthers

Once again...no idea what offense you've been watching, but they had trouble with yards AND points all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
                                I honestly have no clue what you watched. Schofield got a lot of help against the Steelers from the TE and the back. The body of work this season tells me that he can't play OT in this league. He is not strong enough and not athletic enough. I think the guy plays hard, but just doesn't have it, at least not on the outside. He might be good at guard. He played some in college.
                                What you speak of as help is called "scheme". Ask Remmers and Oher if they wished Carolina would've schemed better for the Broncos. Every team in the league does it my man.

Comment

Working...
                                X