what did willie mcginest say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Guys keep in mind this is the same NFL where the Seahawks awarded Matt Flynn $20 million after 1 career start that was in week 17.

He has only started 7 games ever in the NFL and earned $20 million.

I don't think it's too far fetched to believe a team would pay Brock $15 mil+ for his 7 starts. That were better than Flynn's.

I mean contracts have only gotten worse. Tannehill has more experience than Brock but isn't worth the $16 mil a year he gets. Yet the Dolphins still gave it to him because that's what the NFL does now for starting QB's.

I don't think we should pay him that much. But don't be surprised if his agent thinks he can get that much elsewhere. So he would obviously ask Elway for that much.
    He earned 20 million over 3 years. 9 million guaranteed. Basically he earned 9 with the chance to get 20.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
      Please ! talk about Unproven ! Gimme a break with the TS love. Let's see him actually play in the pros for a couple of quarters before we anoint him the next Hall of Fame slot.
      I think TS needs another year, but think he can be a starter in the NFL. Question is, do we risk it by bridging to 2017 and see where TS is or do we spend 15M on a guy I feel has less upside?

We will see...
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

I would hate for Oz to go elsewhere and get paid big time....then we find out he is a legit franchise qb

If we pay him big bucks....and he is not winning games for us....then u kiss the level of success we have grown use to goodbye

Would like to think this defense will be as good next year but even if we kept the same players that would be hard to do...and we almost certainly going to loose a few key def players.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
          Please ! talk about Unproven ! Gimme a break with the TS love. Let's see him actually play in the pros for a couple of quarters before we anoint him the next Hall of Fame slot.
          Who is saying TS is the next HOFer??
          At the moment, I feel Trevor has just as much a shot as anyone that's out there.
          Including Brock!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Average QB in college, not drafted until round 7, played sparingly in the preseason and only with and against 3rd and 4th stringers. Would have gotten very very few reps in this system in practice during the season and spent the majority of that time running a scout O, trying to look like the other team's QB.

There is no chance he's ready to start in the NFL right now, they're looking at the 32nd best offense in the NFL next year if they choose him to be the starting QB. Although that won't happen because they'll bring in a veteran backup who will beat him out during TC, or will be used continuously to replace Seimian during games due to ineffectiveness during the season.
            So would you rather get RGME for 6-8 mill or Kaep that can't do any better than Trevor and watch them sit on the bench mid way through the season??

If we were to get lucky and have Trevor step up... We would be able to sign all of our D with what TS will cost.

Sure everyone thought RW was not the answer when Flynn was signed too.

Comment

Brock is worth 7-10, 10 being MAX. If hes interested in being a repeat champion but this time at the helm he will need to ride that defense and the defense needs every dollar possible to retain that talent.

If he is selfless here and takes a "small check", his pay day will be greater down the road

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                Brock is worth 7-10, 10 being MAX. If hes interested in being a repeat champion but this time at the helm he will need to ride that defense and the defense needs every dollar possible to retain that talent.

If he is selfless here and takes a "small check", his pay day will be greater down the road
                I agree, sure hope he thinks this through carefully. But if he does Chase the money, can't say I blame him. He may never get this chance for a payday again.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                  So would you rather get RGME for 6-8 mill or Kaep that can't do any better than Trevor and watch them sit on the bench mid way through the season??

If we were to get lucky and have Trevor step up... We would be able to sign all of our D with what TS will cost.

Sure everyone thought RW was not the answer when Flynn was signed too.
                  Yes, I would rather spend that on either of those two than having Siemian start. You say they can't do any better than Siemian but both have actually achieved things in the NFL, Siemian has done literally nothing in the NFL, I'm not sure how anyone can believe in someone they've never seen do anything?

The differences between Wilson and Siemian are many and enormous: Wilson performed at a high level at NC State and then performed at a high level at Wisconsin after being a graduate transfer. Wilson was then a fairly well thought of prospect going into the draft, although people did question his height, and was drafted in the 2nd round. Siemian was drafted 250th overall and was the last pick QB picked in the draft. In college he put up 27 touchdowns and 24 interceptions in 44 games.

Perhaps he develops, but the old saying "he's two years away from being two years away" seem like a pretty on point phrase to use for him going into the draft last year.

Comment

I say let Os walk, Clady and Jackson IMO all replaceable

Comment

Yes, I would rather spend that on either of those two than having Siemian start. You say they can't do any better than Siemian but both have actually achieved things in the NFL, Siemian has done literally nothing in the NFL, I'm not sure how anyone can believe in someone they've never seen do anything?

The differences between Wilson and Siemian are many and enormous: Wilson performed at a high level at NC State and then performed at a high level at Wisconsin after being a graduate transfer. Wilson was then a fairly well thought of prospect going into the draft, although people did question his height, and was drafted in the 2nd round. Siemian was drafted 250th overall and was the last pick QB picked in the draft. In college he put up 27 touchdowns and 24 interceptions in 44 games.

Perhaps he develops, but the old saying "he's two years away from being two years away" seem like a pretty on point phrase to use for him going into the draft last year.
                      The reasonTrevor slipped so far down the draft last year was due too injury, plus there is also a reason Trevor was dressed on the 53 man roster and not on the practice squad as TYJE and Kubes didn't want to take a chance he would be snatched up. To me that says a lot, if Elway thinks the kid is worth stashing on the roster then there must be a reason one would conclude.

Comment

No team should ever pay a QB with 7 career starts $15 million per year, if Osweiler truly wants that and someone will pay him that, good luck and thanks for those 7 starts.
                        I cant believe I am about to say this but you are correct in my opinion. Shocker..lol Problem with those 7 starts is the caliber of what he played against..not the names of the teams but who was actually playing on those teams.. 9xs out of 10 the teams are healthy teams ..the Pats team in the AFC Championship wasn't the same team that Os beat. I do agree with what he said about because he trained under Peyton one of the best and he knows threw working w/ Peyton that theres an out by passing problem is hes not got the target down.. Will he with practice? Maybe but its unforeseen. However putting myself in Brocks shoes he has every right to test the market..he has a SB ring so he cant be faulted for that by any means. Imo Von gets tagged and looking at the money situation y'all either get Kaep or RG3 , I don't see Bradford or Foles coming this way ..and Brock lands in Houston or Cleveland. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                          The reasonTrevor slipped so far down the draft last year was due too injury, plus there is also a reason Trevor was dressed on the 53 man roster and not on the practice squad as TYJE and Kubes didn't want to take a chance he would be snatched up. To me that says a lot, if Elway thinks the kid is worth stashing on the roster then there must be a reason one would conclude.
                          Sorry but QBs who were mediocre in college and have always played in shotgun spread offenses rather than pro style offenses aren't high draft picks because they're not great prospects. He might develop, but he's nowhere near ready to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Did the Broncos not keep Zac Dysert on the roster for his entire rookie season? Was he also a great prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
                            Bullet dodged... I was afraid we'd overpay him at the expense of our defensive stars. I've said all along that I'm not sold on Oz as a starter and really didnt want us to pay him starting qb money. Let it ride with Siemian, Elway! If it doesnt work out after a season, we will have a high draft pick that we can use to draft our franchise qb (next years qb class looks like it will be way better than this year's)
                            It is stunning to see comments such as "I'm not sold on Oz as a starter..." followed by "Let it ride with Siemian".

By default you are sold on Siemian...NO starts, no development except one season (and limited because he was injured senior year), lower college performance, etc.

I agree with not overpaying Oz as he is not completely proven.

To think you can just throw a guy in and let it ride coming off a 3rd championship with a legitimate shot at another title? No problem if we lose we'll get a high draft pick?

Wow...
                            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-18-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Sorry but QBs who were mediocre in college and have always played in shotgun spread offenses rather than pro style offenses aren't high draft picks because they're not great prospects. He might develop, but he's nowhere near ready to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Did the Broncos not keep Zac Dysert on the roster for his entire rookie season? Was he also a great prospect?
                              I watched a lot of college ball this year and at the end of the season they were saying a lot of guys QB's went ahead and declared for the draft because the pickings were not so great. They said since they weren't its better for them to declare now so they have a better chance of being picked as opposed to entering the draft with a good group of QB's..

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                                It is stunning to see comments such as "I'm not sold on Oz as a starter..." followed by "Let it ride with Siemian".

By default you are sold on Siemian...NO starts, no development except one season (injured senior year), lower college performance, etc.

I agree with not overpaying Oz as he is not completely proven.

To think you can just throw a guy in and let it ride coming off a 3rd championship with a legitimate shot at another title? No problem if we lose we'll get a high draft pick?

Wow...
                                3rd Championship? What ???

Comment

Working...
                                X