No announcement yet.

what did willie mcginest say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what the best idea is. But if you are going to consider Trevor as the next guy up. Like Brock he got to learn from Manning too. Peyton probably had plenty of time to whisper knowledge into his ear while he was out with a bum foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
      3rd Championship? What ???

The Broncos have three rings.... Simple math...
      sigpic

Comment

3rd Championship? What ???
        Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
          Not sure what the best idea is. But if you are going to consider Trevor as the next guy up. Like Brock he got to learn from Manning too. Peyton probably had plenty of time to whisper knowledge into his ear while he was out with a bum foot.
          But Siemian probably got 10% (at most) of the practice reps this year, and never with the starters. The reps he got would have been as the scout O for Denver's D. Manning can whisper anything in his ear, but when you're running the scout O you show the defense exactly what they want and you throw the ball exactly where the D coaches tell you to. They're quality reps in the fact that he's getting them against NFL players but they're not quality reps in developing in this offense.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            The Broncos have three rings.... Simple math...
            I thought he was talking about Os have 3 Championships and not Trevor..they both have 1 ..

Comment

Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
              Sure that's how you develop a QB...few whispers on the sideline and ready to start.

I would never advocate to overpay for Brock.

At the same time some fans think Denver can plug and play any QB including Siemian. Those fans will be wondering what happened to the Broncos in 2016.

There is a hint of SB50 arrogance creeping in. The NFL can flip teams faster than you think. Look at the Ravens a couple of seasons after they won their 2nd Lombardi.

Be careful thinking we can throw any QB on the field and win - you will be humbled.

Thank goodness Elway is in charge.
              Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-18-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                Seriously?
                I misread your post or didn't understand it.. But as I posted above they both have 1 ..if in fact you were using that to argue Os vs Trevor.. and Os didn't play in the AFC Championship or SB so ..just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  But Siemian probably got 10% (at most) of the practice reps this year, and never with the starters. The reps he got would have been as the scout O for Denver's D. Manning can whisper anything in his ear, but when you're running the scout O you show the defense exactly what they want and you throw the ball exactly where the D coaches tell you to. They're quality reps in the fact that he's getting them against NFL players but they're not quality reps in developing in this offense.
                  Ironically though no one knew what Os could do until he played could be the same thing with Trevor. But better or worse..lol Yyour right about doing what the defenses coaches telling you what to do..and that's the problem in a nutshell w/ Os..he cant read and adjust on the fly. He could learn , maybe I don't know . It wouldn't surprise me to see 2 or 3 QB's maybe 4 before they nail it down to what they are happy with.

Comment

I misread your post or didn't understand it.. But as I posted above they both have 1 ..if in fact you were using that to argue Os vs Trevor.. and Os didn't play in the AFC Championship or SB so ..just saying.
                    I was making the point that Denver is coming off it's 3rd SB championship and has a legitimate shot to repeat. When you have a team poised to repeat you don't casually go with a 7th round QB as the starter.

No was not comparing Oz to Siemian. They aren't in the same conversation. One has the opportunity to start for Denver or several other teams - the other is a 7th round pick looking to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                      I was making the point that Denver is coming off it's 3rd SB championship and has a legitimate shot to repeat. When you have a team poised to repeat you don't casually go with a 7th round QB as the starter.

No was not comparing Oz to Siemian. They aren't in the same conversation. One has the opportunity to start for Denver or several other teams - the other is a 7th round pick looking to develop.
                      Oh , its hard to repeat and right now Vegas has them at 14.2 .. Maybe Idk.. tell who wont be there ..the Pats..

Comment

I will take a 40 year old game manager Manning at 10mil over Brock for the same amount.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                          I don't agree with you. There's different types of mobility.

Usually, when people speak of QB mobility they are envisioning Russell Wilson or Mike Vick, guys who make and extend plays with their legs, or who routinely throw on the run and can do so outside the pocket consistently. Certainly, Brock cannot do that as a routine part of his game. At most, you get a handful of seven yard runs up the middle if there's a lane to run in.

Putting aside all the other reasons people had, some people thought Brock would be the better option this year because his "mobility" would help mask a very bad o-line by extending plays, but of course that was a confused argument...what we needed was a QB who could shorten plays with quick decisions-- we did not have a QB on our roster who could "extend plays" in the way people were thinking.

But "mobility" in Kubiak's system means something else. The mobility in this sense is not about when plays break down, or even running very much. It's about "mobility by design" for bootlegs, rollouts, play action fakes, and just enough threat to run that you actually force the defense to contain the backside of runs instead of over-pursuing to one side...that in principle should make one defender in the box irrelevant

Certainly, I think Brock is mobile enough to run what Kubiak wants. It's not like Flacco or Schuab were that mobile. Even Peyton could boot and was almost at that level of mobility, but they are both statues for the purposes of pocket throwing.

The one area Brock needs to improve at with respect to "extending the play" is stepping up in the pocket. Those 1-2 seconds are critical for a vertical passing game and for the success of any pocket passer. This year, Brock tended to stand still or drift a bit side to side and made it even more difficult on the already-struggling tackles.

Having said that, I still don't think Kubiak's system is right for Brock. He has a big arm and can throw darts in that intermediate range (say 8-20 yards) rather consistently, and he is poised in the pocket. I don't think he executes the horizontal game very well. But I do agree with McGinest that he can run the system and that there's tons of value in just the mere fact that he does not need to be developed in the system or in NFL life in the way a rookie does.
                          well very good and well thought out post thanks for your contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                            I will take a 40 year old game manager Manning at 10mil over Brock for the same amount.
                            :clap: We already know its a guarantee division title and if it comes down to playing the Pats in the AFC Championship its a win..3-1 ..

Comment

Sam Z.. Is it fair to say what I have said then by your post..that Os would do a lot better in the tom Moore offense? What do you think about the Texans or the browns taking him? Imo that's where I think he ends up.

Comment

Cutler is making an average of $18M a year and the Bears are perpetually in last place in their division.

Many of you think that we'll have this great defense for many years to come, Ware is in his last years, who can fill in if Von gets hurt? Ray is not the same caliber as either of these two DEs. You can't always just get by with any practice squad qb, that would be short sighted! You need insurance in case we need to win to get to the playoffs with our offense, and we will need a QB that can easily put up 40pts, assuming that his supporting teammates can catch a well thrown ball.

Brock did well against the best teams in the NFL this year, he came in and started throwing TDs when Peyton couldn't all year. Brock hung 27 in a half against the Steelers until our great defense let them back into the game. Brock showed enough to prove that he can handle the pressure and that he doesn't choke in big games. Don't blame those missed catches on him if the ball was well placed! If he can beat our best rivals in the first few games of his career, how much better will he get?

As far as mobility, Brock was scouted by Gonzaga for basketball, so I think his mobility is at least good enough to be in the top 5 rushing QBs if Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers can be in that group. Brock doesn't need to drag 3 defenders and weight 260lbs to be a good mobile QB, just enough to roll out when the pressure calls for that or a run to make the first down to keep the drive alive.

For those that are saying there is no way that we can give even $10M to someone who only started 7 games, have you forgotten that a few years ago the top pick in the draft, usually a QB got that kind of money with ZERO games played in the NFL and people were ok with it then. QBs used to get a season to mature, now fans expect probowl caliber in every game from day 1. Brock has a high ceiling, he shows good leadership from what I saw and read and I don't think he will have those mental issues that some QBs have that seem to hurt themselves and draw attention (Vince Young, RGIII, Cam, Manziel, Cutler).

Finally, $15M may not be the new $10M, but it isn't that far off, especially when the salary cap keeps on getting increased. Next year it increases to $155M which is a $12M increase, so why throw away a good fit talent for a difference of a couple of million. If we need to, Elway can always ask for Brock to do a deal like he asked Peyton after the first two years.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                                X