what did willie mcginest say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
    There is a hint of SB50 arrogance creeping in. The NFL can flip teams faster than you think. Look at the Ravens a couple of seasons after they won their 2nd Lombardi.

Be careful thinking we can throw any QB on the field and win - you will be humbled.
    You hit the nail on the head! It is arrogance! It is not reality to have a defense like we did this year more than one or two years. Von was on the team 2 years ago but was hurt, so keep that in mind too. We got pretty lucky to have most our defense available at the end of the season, otherwise we could have missed the playoffs or the SB and Peyton was not going to get us much more than FGs. I am not sure what happened to our receivers this year because we have the same problem with both QBs even with accurate throws. I heard one receiver said that Peyton's throws are like Charmin soft and Brocks are like fast and hard, so I can see how that would tough to adjust timing-wise. I think that just messed them up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
      :clap: We already know its a guarantee division title and if it comes down to playing the Pats in the AFC Championship its a win..3-1 ..
      Classic arrogance. Let me remind you that we barely made the playoffs and the Chiefs could have won the division in the 17th week. Also, we lost to the Raiders, Chiefs and our annual loss to the Colts. Our division is catching up every year. Yeah, go with any practice squad QB or a reject from another team and see how you do when your defense isn't historic.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        I will take a 40 year old game manager Manning at 10mil over Brock for the same amount.
        As long as you are ok with missing the playoffs too like we almost did this year.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
          As long as you are ok with missing the playoffs too like we almost did this year.
          Yelp good thing Peyton stepped in and did what hew does and that's win spots in the playoffs and division titles..

Comment

Oh , its hard to repeat and right now Vegas has them at 14.2 .. Maybe Idk.. tell who wont be there ..the Pats..
            Even if they are on the team there is no guarantee they won't get hurt or suspended like Von's 6 game suspension 2 years ago or Clady's perpetual injuries. Add a mediocre QB and what will you have? Most likely a team that misses the playoffs.

Comment

Yelp good thing Peyton stepped in and did what hew does and that's win spots in the playoffs and division titles..
              Don't give Peyton the credit, it was the defense. Peyton's performance was historically a joke because he produced so little. Thankfully we were able to get FGs with some of his drive and that we had home field advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                But Siemian probably got 10% (at most) of the practice reps this year, and never with the starters. The reps he got would have been as the scout O for Denver's D. Manning can whisper anything in his ear, but when you're running the scout O you show the defense exactly what they want and you throw the ball exactly where the D coaches tell you to. They're quality reps in the fact that he's getting them against NFL players but they're not quality reps in developing in this offense.
                Well, he got to play the part of Derek Carr, Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, A.J. McCarron, Josh McCown, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Teddy Bridgewater, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler and Cam Newton.

It wasn't an experience devoid of value. I'm sure he has learned a ton of football and he seems to have given first team D a good look.

On top of that, he had to be ready to back up Brock Osweiler during the games in which Peyton Manning was inactive. I'm sure he was a busy boy.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Classic arrogance. Let me remind you that we barely made the playoffs and the Chiefs could have won the division in the 17th week. Also, we lost to the Raiders, Chiefs and our annual loss to the Colts. Our division is catching up every year. Yeah, go with any practice squad QB or a reject from another team and see how you do when your defense isn't historic.
                  Hold on now.. I would hope that you aren't a Broncos fan and saying that cause the fact is this.. ALL 4 years that Peyton has been here the divison was won and 2 AFC titles and A SB..go back and see what it looked like between Elway and Peyton..lol yeah not good.. But if you are not a fan of the Broncos I will say this what the Chiefs could have done and did do is 2 completely different things.. People in that want tea in China could start digging and see how fat they get..lol Tell you what it wont get you a SB 50 victory.. Peyton and the Broncos own that.. right along with 4 divison titles and 2 AFC Championships..

Comment

Don't give Peyton the credit, it was the defense. Peyton's performance was historically a joke because he produced so little. Thankfully we were able to get FGs with some of his drive and that we had home field advantage.
                    lol you think what you need to to help you through that win there my friend..lol

Comment

Agree with you entirely! Peyton - let the door not hit you on the way out. And you are welcome to take chrissy with you on the way out. Bye bye!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Well, he got to play the part of Derek Carr, Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, A.J. McCarron, Josh McCown, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Teddy Bridgewater, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler and Cam Newton.

It wasn't an experience devoid of value. I'm sure he has learned a ton of football and he seems to have given first team D a good look.

On top of that, he had to be ready to back up Brock Osweiler during the games in which Peyton Manning was inactive. I'm sure he was a busy boy.
                        I agree he probably got a few decent reps, and going against the league's best defense will help make a player better. But you and I both know, a scout team is expected to give a certain look. It's all about "run this play, on this play the QB will look here or there, that's where the ball needs to go." So he wouldn't have gotten a lot of great reps where he gets to scan the D pre snap, read how the defense is lining up and then after the snap, read the D and get the ball where it's supposed to go. Scout team is all about giving looks and to a degree feeding egos.

I've got a firm belief that a scout team is a great place for a player to develop and get noticed, except for QBs and WRs. Those 2 positions have to basically do exactly what the other team does, and just run what's drawn up on the card. Whereas for other players, especially the defense, you may have to line up differently and you may give a different look every now and then, but really you're just playing football. A cover 3 drop is a cover 3 drop, a LB covering the back as he releases on a pass route is the same as it would be anywhere else, you're just doing what comes naturally.

Probably the single biggest benefit Siemian got from the scout team this year (aside from going against the number 1 D) is that it gave him a lot of reps taking snaps from under centre and working not he footwork of taking drops and looking downfield as he does that. He didn't do that much in collagen the spread system, so doing that here would be a good learning tool. Actually I'm changing my mind a little bit, if he got those reps doing that and maximized it, really focusing on getting better at those things, it could have been a good year for his development. I still don't think he's ready to start, but if he can get those two things down, it gives him a much better chance of competing for the backup spot in 2016.

Comment

Yes, I remember the Raider game...4 straight red zone possessions ending in FGs and no points in the 2nd half. Remember the Pitt game, they adjusted and our QB could do nothing in the 2nd half, nothing with the ball in his hands twice for an opportunity for a game winning drive (Ben even game the ball back to him). Is this a guy worth 15M? Or would that 15M be better spent on OL?

31st...that is the number we ranked in QB ratings last year. Is it really so arrogant to believe if we funnel 15 Million to the OL and go with TS, that it could be better than what we had last year? Maybe, maybe not, but I do not see Brock being worth the 14M dollar difference.

just my 2 cents
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

My scouting report on Siemian from what I saw from games against OSU and Wisconsin:

Gunslinger - will throw into an impossible window vs moving down his checklist
                            Can make all the throw - Plenty of zip on throws outside the numbers and on crossing patterns, both shallow and deep
                            Good footwork for gun - saw him adjust several time from pocket pressure and get his feet down to make the throw, not a whole lot of throws off the back foot.
                            Can move, but not a great runner; however made great throws rolling both left and right (great for bootlegs).

Basically saw a kid needing to go through progressions, but what I loved, is when he did, he would not just look for the check down, but kept his eyes downfield. Had awareness of secondary read, but often refused to come off first read thinking he could squeeze it in.

How far he comes on ball security is what will determine his success.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                              My scouting report on Siemian from what I saw from games against OSU and Wisconsin:

Gunslinger - will throw into an impossible window vs moving down his checklist
                              Can make all the throw - Plenty of zip on throws outside the numbers and on crossing patterns, both shallow and deep
                              Good footwork for gun - saw him adjust several time from pocket pressure and get his feet down to make the throw, not a whole lot of throws off the back foot.
                              Can move, but not a great runner; however made great throws rolling both left and right (great for bootlegs).

Basically saw a kid needing to go through progressions, but what I loved, is when he did, he would not just look for the check down, but kept his eyes downfield. Had awareness of secondary read, but often refused to come off first read thinking he could squeeze it in.

How far he comes on ball security is what will determine his success.
                              I decided to go find some scouting reports for him from last year, here's one from an NU site:

http://www.insidenu.com/2015/4/26/84...rn-quarterback

Here's one (it's brief) talking about NFL teams becoming more bullish on him:

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/nort...-nfl-interest/

I still would think that he's a year or two (more likely) from being a factor for starting QB, but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                I still would think that he's a year or two (more likely) from being a factor for starting QB, but who knows?
                                I don't disagree, he should get another year before being inserted as the starter. My question would be who is better after that year, TS or BO? If you think TS will be => Bo, then go sign a vet QB to bridge to 2017 (or mid 2016 if he progresses faster).

Spend that $$$ on OL so when TS gets there, he has the supporting cast to get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X