Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrissy
    replied
    Sam Z.. Is it fair to say what I have said then by your post..that Os would do a lot better in the tom Moore offense? What do you think about the Texans or the browns taking him? Imo that's where I think he ends up.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    I will take a 40 year old game manager Manning at 10mil over Brock for the same amount.
    :clap: We already know its a guarantee division title and if it comes down to playing the Pats in the AFC Championship its a win..3-1 ..

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
    I don't agree with you. There's different types of mobility.

Usually, when people speak of QB mobility they are envisioning Russell Wilson or Mike Vick, guys who make and extend plays with their legs, or who routinely throw on the run and can do so outside the pocket consistently. Certainly, Brock cannot do that as a routine part of his game. At most, you get a handful of seven yard runs up the middle if there's a lane to run in.

Putting aside all the other reasons people had, some people thought Brock would be the better option this year because his "mobility" would help mask a very bad o-line by extending plays, but of course that was a confused argument...what we needed was a QB who could shorten plays with quick decisions-- we did not have a QB on our roster who could "extend plays" in the way people were thinking.

But "mobility" in Kubiak's system means something else. The mobility in this sense is not about when plays break down, or even running very much. It's about "mobility by design" for bootlegs, rollouts, play action fakes, and just enough threat to run that you actually force the defense to contain the backside of runs instead of over-pursuing to one side...that in principle should make one defender in the box irrelevant

Certainly, I think Brock is mobile enough to run what Kubiak wants. It's not like Flacco or Schuab were that mobile. Even Peyton could boot and was almost at that level of mobility, but they are both statues for the purposes of pocket throwing.

The one area Brock needs to improve at with respect to "extending the play" is stepping up in the pocket. Those 1-2 seconds are critical for a vertical passing game and for the success of any pocket passer. This year, Brock tended to stand still or drift a bit side to side and made it even more difficult on the already-struggling tackles.

Having said that, I still don't think Kubiak's system is right for Brock. He has a big arm and can throw darts in that intermediate range (say 8-20 yards) rather consistently, and he is poised in the pocket. I don't think he executes the horizontal game very well. But I do agree with McGinest that he can run the system and that there's tons of value in just the mere fact that he does not need to be developed in the system or in NFL life in the way a rookie does.
    well very good and well thought out post thanks for your contribution.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    I will take a 40 year old game manager Manning at 10mil over Brock for the same amount.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
    I was making the point that Denver is coming off it's 3rd SB championship and has a legitimate shot to repeat. When you have a team poised to repeat you don't casually go with a 7th round QB as the starter.

No was not comparing Oz to Siemian. They aren't in the same conversation. One has the opportunity to start for Denver or several other teams - the other is a 7th round pick looking to develop.
    Oh , its hard to repeat and right now Vegas has them at 14.2 .. Maybe Idk.. tell who wont be there ..the Pats..

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
    I misread your post or didn't understand it.. But as I posted above they both have 1 ..if in fact you were using that to argue Os vs Trevor.. and Os didn't play in the AFC Championship or SB so ..just saying.
    I was making the point that Denver is coming off it's 3rd SB championship and has a legitimate shot to repeat. When you have a team poised to repeat you don't casually go with a 7th round QB as the starter.

No was not comparing Oz to Siemian. They aren't in the same conversation. One has the opportunity to start for Denver or several other teams - the other is a 7th round pick looking to develop.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    But Siemian probably got 10% (at most) of the practice reps this year, and never with the starters. The reps he got would have been as the scout O for Denver's D. Manning can whisper anything in his ear, but when you're running the scout O you show the defense exactly what they want and you throw the ball exactly where the D coaches tell you to. They're quality reps in the fact that he's getting them against NFL players but they're not quality reps in developing in this offense.
    Ironically though no one knew what Os could do until he played could be the same thing with Trevor. But better or worse..lol Yyour right about doing what the defenses coaches telling you what to do..and that's the problem in a nutshell w/ Os..he cant read and adjust on the fly. He could learn , maybe I don't know . It wouldn't surprise me to see 2 or 3 QB's maybe 4 before they nail it down to what they are happy with.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Seriously?
    I misread your post or didn't understand it.. But as I posted above they both have 1 ..if in fact you were using that to argue Os vs Trevor.. and Os didn't play in the AFC Championship or SB so ..just saying.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
    Not sure what the best idea is. But if you are going to consider Trevor as the next guy up. Like Brock he got to learn from Manning too. Peyton probably had plenty of time to whisper knowledge into his ear while he was out with a bum foot.
    Sure that's how you develop a QB...few whispers on the sideline and ready to start.

I would never advocate to overpay for Brock.

At the same time some fans think Denver can plug and play any QB including Siemian. Those fans will be wondering what happened to the Broncos in 2016.

There is a hint of SB50 arrogance creeping in. The NFL can flip teams faster than you think. Look at the Ravens a couple of seasons after they won their 2nd Lombardi.

Be careful thinking we can throw any QB on the field and win - you will be humbled.

Thank goodness Elway is in charge.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-18-2016, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    The Broncos have three rings.... Simple math...
    I thought he was talking about Os have 3 Championships and not Trevor..they both have 1 ..

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
    Not sure what the best idea is. But if you are going to consider Trevor as the next guy up. Like Brock he got to learn from Manning too. Peyton probably had plenty of time to whisper knowledge into his ear while he was out with a bum foot.
    But Siemian probably got 10% (at most) of the practice reps this year, and never with the starters. The reps he got would have been as the scout O for Denver's D. Manning can whisper anything in his ear, but when you're running the scout O you show the defense exactly what they want and you throw the ball exactly where the D coaches tell you to. They're quality reps in the fact that he's getting them against NFL players but they're not quality reps in developing in this offense.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    3rd Championship? What ???
    Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied

The Broncos have three rings.... Simple math...

Leave a comment:

• Interceptor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    It is stunning to see comments such as "I'm not sold on Oz as a starter..." followed by "Let it ride with Siemian".

By default you are sold on Siemian...NO starts, no development except one season (injured senior year), lower college performance, etc.

I agree with not overpaying Oz as he is not completely proven.

To think you can just throw a guy in and let it ride coming off a 3rd championship with a legitimate shot at another title? No problem if we lose we'll get a high draft pick?

Wow...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X