Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos: the team that can attract great value players.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos: the team that can attract great value players.

    Looks like the Broncos brought in Phil Taylor (bye Malik...?). The guy looks pretty good. Another good signing by JE. It's something what Elway's been able to do with this team. He's brought in vets who were stuck on crap teams, are hungry for a swing at the ring, and are willing to come in at a fair value just to be on a team that's likely to succeed.

    It's great to be a Broncos fan, isn't it?

  • #2
    Why would Malik be gone because we brought in Taylor?
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      Why would Malik be gone because we brought in Taylor?
      I'm not positive he is, which is why I put the question mark next to my "bye Malik" comment. However, many signs are pointing he is, and one is bringing in Taylor.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
        I'm not positive he is, which is why I put the question mark next to my "bye Malik" comment. However, many signs are pointing he is, and one is bringing in Taylor.
        Taylor will be an early down run stuffer, behind Sly. Malik may be gone, but bringing in Taylor is not a reason.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Taylor will be an early down run stuffer, behind Sly. Malik may be gone, but bringing in Taylor is not a reason.
          It's not a reason, but it's part of what might be a necessity to fill Malik's absence. Unless you think it's that the Broncos are going to let Smith go? Again, it's all speculation on my part. I know it isn't a guarantee that Malik's gone, that it has to do with Smith leaving, or either. Just a hunch based on the little I've heard from the media.
          Last edited by TheManningMelon; 02-23-2016, 07:13 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Malik is going to want $5 mil a year, it's not going to happen in Denver. Hate to see a guy that found a system that works for him leave, but I can't see Elway being one of those GMs that hand out SB hangover money like so many other teams do. I think the writing is on the wall with signing a DT before the official start of the new NFL year (march 15th).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by donnyrides View Post
              Malik is going to want $5 mil a year, it's not going to happen in Denver. Hate to see a guy that found a system that works for him leave, but I can't see Elway being one of those GMs that hand out SB hangover money like so many other teams do. I think the writing is on the wall with signing a DT before the official start of the new NFL year (march 15th).
              I'm hearing numbers much higher than $5M/year. At that number, I think he'd already be signed. You're no doubt right about Elway not pissing money away. Only big money contract I can think of is DT...and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Elway's not happy about that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                I'm hearing numbers much higher than $5M/year. At that number, I think he'd already be signed. You're no doubt right about Elway not pissing money away. Only big money contract I can think of is DT...and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Elway's not happy about that.
                I agree, Malik would have already been signed at $5M/year and I would have no issue with that. However I predict something like $8-10M/year from the Raiders for his services.
                sigpic

                Defense wins championships

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                  I agree, Malik would have already been signed at $5M/year and I would have no issue with that. However I predict something like $8-10M/year from the Raiders for his services.
                  Malik is worth in that range of 8-10. Just like Wolfe was/is. The question is what type of position is more important and who can we keep longer for cheaper to make the team better. I think the other two backups we had on the roster proved to be incredibly effective in our defense. I saw we either keep or re-sign on more friendly deals and look to develop younger talent like we did with Malik. Now unless Malik will sign a Wolfe type deal I just cannot see us wanting to keep him. The main issue we will have is if he does go to say the Raiders or Chargers we will need to play against him....he is a good player and unless our Oline gets better he will destroy us.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wolfe is getting 8 mil already so I guess Malik will probably want at least that kind of money. I still think 5 mil is too much. The Phil Taylor signing gives denver leverage. They have already addressed the possible lose of Malik. I don't think Taylor is anything special, but it gives the D-line a big body to run stuff with. He can't replace Malik as Malik plays DE, but it would allow Wolfe to rotate down to DE.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      ... and unless our Oline gets better he will destroy us.
                      Bro, if that o-line doesn't get better, I'd destroy the Broncos. LOL

                      Back on thread topic: I wonder how Manning's absence (or play...or lack of it) will affect attracting big-name players. We often heard that many players came here to play on a team that Manning was on.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by donnyrides View Post
                        Wolfe is getting 8 mil already so I guess Malik will probably want at least that kind of money. I still think 5 mil is too much. The Phil Taylor signing gives denver leverage. They have already addressed the possible lose of Malik. I don't think Taylor is anything special, but it gives the D-line a big body to run stuff with. He can't replace Malik as Malik plays DE, but it would allow Wolfe to rotate down to DE.
                        They mentioned the possibility Sly dropping a few pounds to move out to be a big DE...along the role of what Jackson gave the Broncos.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Malik has compared himself to ALL PROS in the league that are making 10+ and that is how much he thinks he is worth. He will probably get it out in free agency but not with Denver. Just wait til he gets double teams and doesn't produce as much. People will start saying he got lazy because he got paid, but the truth is whatever team gets him just overpaid and expected him to be a superstar when he is really just a very good player. It's a lot easier to apply pressure to a qb when your outside linebackers are Demarcus and Von (arguably the two best outside lb's in the last decade!). He will not have that on whatever team he goes too. I'm not going to judge the guy for wanting to get paid; I just know the Broncos will not overpay. Elway has shown incredible discipline in these situations.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by noflyzone23 View Post
                            Malik has compared himself to ALL PROS in the league that are making 10+ and that is how much he thinks he is worth. He will probably get it out in free agency but not with Denver. Just wait til he gets double teams and doesn't produce as much. People will start saying he got lazy because he got paid, but the truth is whatever team gets him just overpaid and expected him to be a superstar when he is really just a very good player. It's a lot easier to apply pressure to a qb when your outside linebackers are Demarcus and Von (arguably the two best outside lb's in the last decade!). He will not have that on whatever team he goes too. I'm not going to judge the guy for wanting to get paid; I just know the Broncos will not overpay. Elway has shown incredible discipline in these situations.
                            ^^^^^This.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              "I'm not looking for J.J. Watt numbers or Ndamukong Suh numbers," he told NFL.com. "I'm thinking more just getting paid. One hundred million dollars is a lot of money and J.J. was Mr. Defense a few times and a Pro Bowler. Suh was doing great things when he was in Detroit, so I'm not even saying $100 million. I'm not even saying $90 million, but somewhere in that ballpark would be cool." - Malik Jackson

                              He is supposedly asking for around $15M/year
                              By comparison Wolfe is making around $9m/year

                              Safe to say he has played his last snap in a Broncos uniform

                              Regardless Taylor is a NT, so he would not be taking Malik's spot
                              I fully expect Denver to draft an interior D linemen early though in April

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X