Who do you want at QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want at QB?

Look, I think Manning is gone, and Brock might be chasing money, can't blame him, so IF Denver does not keep one of these guys, who do you want out of who else is out there?

To start I'm thinking RG3 or kaep could work. But I'm ok with a adequate stop gap for one year. Our defense can make an average QB a winner for a possible deep playoff season.

Comment

If we're looking for a one-year stop gap, I'll take noodle-armed Manning with Trevor Siemian in tow with long before I take Kaep or RG3.

Comment

Why are we not talking with PM

I don't understand why they are so quick to get rid of Manning. He just won the SuperBowl. Brock is heading out to get paid. There are no qbs available to take us back to the SUPERBOWL. Offer manning a 1 year 10mill deal. At least then we can have hope for 2016. #OFFERMANNING10MILL

Comment

Next year Matt Freakin' Stafford!!!!

Comment

If Brock is not back then I would do the following

1. Fitzpatrick: will not break the bank. Veteran QB with success who can handle an offense and make throws to leverage our best offensive asset. Honestly I think it's a good fit.

2. Kapernick trade: he wants out and maybe a trade can be struck but price worries me because of the fact the QB market is thin

3. RG3: I think on a smaller prove it deal you could get mileage out of him and maybe the time off is what be needed to reset.
            Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Comment

My dumb idea of keeping Manning is out the window now. I say pay Brock

Comment

This is not a draft with "ready to start" talent, especially with the 31st selection. Not a lot of FA options.

Fitzpatrick will not be inexpensive. Fitz had a lot of talent w/3rd ranked O line, Marshal, Decker, Ivory and a stout defense - could not get a win to make the playoffs. I would not be opposed to signing Fitz as he is capable.

Trading for Kaep is not a great option. Kaep hesitates to make second read and quickly looks to run.

RG3 gaining more interest so he will not be inexpensive as many believed. Regardless of what anyone thinks of RG3, looking like he'll be expensive relative to risk.

Get Trevor Siemian ready to start. Sign Chase Daniel or Matt Schaub, preference to Schaub with experience under Kubiak. If Trevor is ready to go you have Schaub as backup. If Trevor is not ready Schaub would be the starter. Daniel is mobile so that might be the reason to sign over Schaub.

Draft Jacoby Brissett, QB NC State. We would have Siemian, Schaub and Brissett going into TC.

I'm not advocating for this scenario just options...
                Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-06-2016, 08:12 AM. Reason: Add

Comment

If both are gone.

Sign Shaub or similar low cost vet, use the 1st on the QB you like best. Even draft up if needed. Lynch or Prescott seem to have gained Bronco interest. Siemien is already on the roster.

May the best man win!

Comment

Seeing the success we've had with former colts.... Trade for Andrew luck. Jk

Comment

Is there any possibility Lions are going to shop Stafford at all? They seem to be in rebuilding mode now. I'd like to see us go after Stafford if at all possible.
                      Last edited by BroncosIsWin; 03-06-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                        Next year Matt Freakin' Stafford!!!!

I agree...again Since Johnson is retiring or wanting to leave, Detroit looks like a team that is rebuilding...AGAIN. The Broncos should make a trade with a player or two and a draft pick or two, including a 1st rounder if needed, for Stafford, IMHO. I like Brock, but if he tests the market versus the offer the BRoncos gave him, let him walk. The Broncos don't need a Matt Flynn decision being a decision that drags the franchise down.
                        Last edited by OrangeCrushem; 03-06-2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Brock at the right contract.

If not, i have no clue.

Comment

Not 100% sold on Stafford. I like a lot but he's 0-2 in the playoffs in 7 seasons. Shoulder injured three times and his knee, although risk level relatively low. Stafford would be very expensive leaving less room for other players. Sort of like signing Peyton, getting high production on offense and then realizing again defense wins championships. He's shown to make the mistakes in critical moments like he did against the Broncos last season, although Bruton made a great play.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              If both are gone.

Sign Shaub or similar low cost vet, use the 1st on the QB you like best. Even draft up if needed. Lynch or Prescott seem to have gained Bronco interest. Siemien is already on the roster.

May the best man win!
                              Sure....why not just sign Arian Foster as well?

I know, let's just put the Texans symbol on our helmets, too.
                              Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 03-06-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X