Who do you want at QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
    While Manning was nothing special, I think the team rallied around him this year to be as good as possible. Losing clutch players like OD will be felt. If we lose Anderson (which is most likely going to happen) we could feel it.

As for defense, we lost 2 great players that could be replaced, if we have the cap money from not signing some overpaid useless QB.

The team will feel different this year no matter how you look at it. We are going to have a Super Bowl hangover that is going to greatly resemble the 2013 Ravens in terms of our record.
    I think your point on Manning is spot on. Guys wanted to play for him and definitely didn't want to get "the look" in the huddle. Will guys do that for Kaep and RG3? Even a better passing rating does not = more points scored. Our offense was pretty much middle of the pack at 22.2 pig. Some claim Brock was the superior QB, yet in 4 of the 6 games he started (and finished) he scored below our season avg: 17, 12, 17, 20. In 7 starts by Manning only twice did we score less than 23 points. Say what you will, but our offense was more consistent even with Mannings diminished skills.

As for MJ and Trev being replaceable, we don't win the SB without those two. Saying we still have 80% of our defense left makes it sound better than it is, because we needed 100% of our defense to even make the playoffs. Both of those guys were top 10% at their job, you just don't plug and play a guy. Teams will go from double teaming MJ to doubling VM or Ware...there will be an impact on defense.

I see a team that will have 5-8 new starters and those guys will need to acclimate and build continuity, made even harder with QB being one of the starters we will be replacing.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• We are not going to be as good next year as we were this year. Probably lucky to make the playoffs. That's ok though, it's the way it goes. We had the combination of both winning the SB AND having alot of FA's. That is going to overvalue our players, and most times the players will take the money because they have been convinced (and probably rightfully so) by their agents to take advantage of the peak in their stock. As fans, we should use the SB victory to hold us over for a couple seasons while Elway reloads....

As far as who to I want at QB....I think whomever we wind up with (if it is a FA or trade) is strictly going to be a "hold down the fort" kind of guy, because Elway will be in full on Franchise QB hunting mode for the next couple of seasons. He is likely planning now on how to package some players and/or picks in 2017 or 2018 to get into the top of the draft to take a shot at a top prospect. In addition, I am sure we draft a QB in middle rounds the next couple of years to take a shot on a prospect. So I don't know who I want, but I can live with whomever for next season, because I know they will be a short term rental...

Comment

• Sanchez. Definitely Sanchez. He's a keeper! :brick:
        Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
        Accept it or seek therapy !
        sigpic

Comment

• Did I just really hear Skip Bayless say Elway should beg Manning to come out of retirement for one more year?

Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Fitz is reportedly asking for $16+ mil comparable to starting QBs. Jets offered somewhere around $7 mil base and unknown on incentives. Based on salary the Jets are valuing Fitz as a "quality backup" not a starter. Supposedly the Broncos initial offer is far from what he wants to be paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
              Should it? How long do you think that'll take? Two returning tackles come off season-ending injury. One of them has displayed a propensity for ending up on injured reserve. Even if they stay healthy, it'll essentially be a new o-line (maybe sans the Center). It takes a fair amount of time for an o-line to gel. We're likely looking at half the season, if not more. And, this is why I struggle about who can be a "successful" QB here. Whoever it is, they'll need to be able to read defenses and understand the abilities of their o-line. A rookie probably can't do that. A rookie would get himself near-killed behind a leaky o-line that will even struggle to advance a run game. Some vets could, but certainly not many, and none I see in the free agent market. Kubes is going to have to go super-conservative with his offense, should the Broncos enter the season with Sanchez, Siemean, and one other rookie QB. Maybe the team will somehow pick up someone else from the league, but I can't foresee who.

And here's one for the Tebow crowd (not including you in that statement...just a general statement based on the Tebow posts I see here):

As long as Michael Schofield is not one of our starting tackles the line will be immediately upgraded. I don't even care if he moves to guard. Also, Paradis and Garcia will be more experienced. Then there's the return of Sambrailo, and the possible return of Clady. I'm sure Elway will draft at least one lineman, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                As long as Michael Schofield is not one of our starting tackles the line will be immediately upgraded. I don't even care if he moves to guard. Also, Paradis and Garcia will be more experienced. Then there's the return of Sambrailo, and the possible return of Clady. I'm sure Elway will draft at least one lineman, too.
                Considering how it seems the Broncos have had to compensate for QB play in many ways throughout Elway's tenure, I'd think it'd really benefit the team if Elway could get that o-line cranking. I too think he'll go for line help this draft. I believe he sees the importance and value of a strong o-line to a team, as the only "big" signing has been an offensive lineman.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                  Considering how it seems the Broncos have had to compensate for QB play in many ways throughout Elway's tenure, I'd think it'd really benefit the team if Elway could get that o-line cranking. I too think he'll go for line help this draft. I believe he sees the importance and value of a strong o-line to a team, as the only "big" signing has been an offensive lineman.
                  He didn't have to compensate4 for QB play my friend until he changed the offense scheme.. look at 8 years in Texas ..same thing..just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                    He didn't have to compensate4 for QB play my friend until he changed the offense scheme.. look at 8 years in Texas ..same thing..just saying.
                    They had to with the Orton/Tebow year. They had to in the middle of 2014, then again at the beginning of 2015. Point is that it's pretty obvious those top 4 or 5 HOF QB's don't grow on trees, and the ones that are out there are extremely expensive to the point of financially handcuffing a team. A solid o-line not only gives success to mediocre QB's, it also adds a run game. I'd be building the team from the trenches out, when it comes to offense. Easier than trying to position the team to get the next HOF QB.

Comment

Working...
                    X